PDA

View Full Version : Blood Biscay III mission Screenies

BeauBrummie
April 20th, 2009, 11:19
RonnyBengt and I are creating third installment to the Sea Eagles war on Allied Shipping. this time we're branching out into the North Sea too.

There are to 8 missions all told. Check out these screenies of a few of the missions. They are still are WIP, so as with the Corvette mission (from night to day), there may be changes with the eventual published pack.

Beau

http://photobucket.com/BBmissions?albumview=slideshow

loverboy1
April 20th, 2009, 11:34
excellent work , cant wait for the release ... the boys are making the missions for life :applause:

Led Zeppelin
April 20th, 2009, 11:45
are they historical or what if?

Nonato
April 20th, 2009, 12:01
Good job, gentlemen!
I wonder how this monstruous FW 200 managed to avoid the Flak. These missions take place in the same season? I ask that because the pilot seems very at ease in his yellow dinghy :wiggle::ernae:

ronnybengt
April 20th, 2009, 12:21
what ifs...m8......still...tales are spun on the web of truth

r

BeauBrummie
April 20th, 2009, 13:24
Good job, gentlemen!
I wonder how this monstruous FW 200 managed to avoid the Flak. These missions take place in the same season? I ask that because the pilot seems very at ease in his yellow dinghy :wiggle::ernae:
The Condor didn't avoid the flak and several hit the drink in test runs. The Condor wasn't good at absorbing damage and the model relects this. Eventually they had to give up the accurate, but dangerous low level attacks as convoys became more heavily defended. In the missions though they suffered more from AI gunners fire from CC aircraft. As shown one had it's tail blown off by a Whimpeys rear gunner.

Considering that the Luftwaffe had no equivalent of CC's Search and Rescue service he looks very chilled doesn't he!

RB and I have most of the missions done and then they'll be passed onto a team of testers who have volunteered their time (yes you know who you are:monkies:)

There'll be some additonal files to install, mainly modified ship GC MTB's.

My take on the missions is that they are inspired by incidents I've read about. We still lack some important aircraft and ships that were used in this Era so in many cases we can't accurately copy historical incidents.

Beau

grizzly50
April 20th, 2009, 13:56
:kilroy:Beau, well, you and Rinny hurry up and get them to that "Team of Testers Who Have Volunteered Their Time" so that w...er, they can get them properly tested so you can release them to the community. Then w...er, the Team of Testers can have them...er, get on with ETO.:d

ronnybengt
April 20th, 2009, 23:56
griz....we ll have em sent asap....i am in a "#@!!!!+??"of work atm...

R

Old Tiger
April 21st, 2009, 03:30
:wavey:Beau, They look real :cool: Can't wait to fly em.

hairyspin
April 21st, 2009, 10:45
We still lack some important aircraft and ships that were used in this Era so in many cases we can't accurately copy historical incidents.

Out of sheer idle curiosity, which aircraft are you thinking of?

BeauBrummie
April 21st, 2009, 10:58
Hudson, Anson. Sunderland (not yet any way), Catalina (ditto) Ju 290 (ditto), Beaufort, Walrus, Freeware Liberator and Fortress (B-17 E or F), Do 18 & 24, Bv 138 & 222, He 177, Ar 196... et al

Beau

hairyspin
April 21st, 2009, 11:59
I think the ditto might also apply to the Bv222 - crossram has been tormenting us lately.

Led Zeppelin
April 21st, 2009, 12:05
My take on the missions is that they are inspired by incidents I've read about. We still lack some important aircraft and ships that were used in this Era so in many cases we can't accurately copy historical incidents.
ok, thanks for the answer. Building historical missions is always making compromise between historical accuracy, gamplay and what is available.

ronnybengt
April 21st, 2009, 12:19
...he 115.........the mother of sea ops german way....

still in da works

R

BeauBrummie
April 21st, 2009, 12:36
...however if you throw in the Firepower aircraft you have a Lib GRVI/USN PB4Y and a Fortress II.

But don't forget CFS3 CC & Sea Eagles are in much shape than a year ago thanks mainly to Ted with his Haifaxes and Do-217's. Rb has been busy knocking out good skins for existing types too. I'd also like to thank the Groundhogs for their work on flares, floats etc and other effects that make this arena come alive.

Oh and a big thanks to whoever fixed the Condors FM. The ETO Condor is a much more stable platform than the original.
Beau

Led Zeppelin
April 22nd, 2009, 08:21
I've build a mission where the player will fly a Hallifax for a 6 and a half hour patrol in the Bay of Biscay looking for submarines in 1943.

with the use of spawns, it's possible to fly this mission a lot of time and like in reality, chances to see a submarine is quite low. I've seen one in about 10 missions.

BeauBrummie
April 22nd, 2009, 08:52
Very realistic LZ. Some crews never saw on in the whole of their war career!

O-1Driver
April 22nd, 2009, 09:14
Have either of you guys thought about using the fully submerged U-Boat in Maw and ETO in missions. It is fully submerged and all you can see is a periscope wake. It explodes and burns when hit with depth charges. It will also fire torpedos and sink ships. This is not the GC diving U-Boat.

Look under ships label is Sub.

Steve

BeauBrummie
April 22nd, 2009, 10:42
These boys were not sub-hunters, but I plan to use it in the next CC mission pack (and maybe as mentioned iin the Mission Builder thread!).

But thanks for the heads up on it Steve. Really appreciate all the new toys we have to play with.

Beau

Edit: Yes I forgot, I think it may be used in one of the missions but don't was to say more to spoil the missions.

BeauBrummie
April 23rd, 2009, 03:14
Bump, I've a added a few more screenies.

Beau

popsaka
April 23rd, 2009, 11:37
Real nice set of screenies there, gentlemen!... I know I'm lookin' forward to this lot...:ernae: