PDA

View Full Version : cfs2 graphics

pubcrawl
April 20th, 2009, 01:36
Please help. Have finally got new computer with ATI Radeon HD 2400 graphics and cfs2 now has invisable planes and other graphics problems. Any suggestions?

Rami
April 20th, 2009, 04:23
Pubcrawl,

Most aircraft texture files are in DXT3 format. If your computer's graphics card has trouble with those, you'll need to download Martin Wright's DXTbmp utility and save the textures in another format, like extended bitmap 16 565 format.

You can find the utility here: http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/ (CFS2 - Utilities)

Saving the files in another format should make the textures visible. What other "graphics problems" are you having?

Devildog73
April 20th, 2009, 05:44
There was also a DXT command line you could place in the CFS2.cfg.

I will have to do some looking, but I think I have it saved somewhere.

Shadow Wolf 07
April 20th, 2009, 09:48
Invisible? ...sounds like a display settings problem. Did you try/experiment with the different settings? also... if you use mdledit, what setting do you use for the stock planes? What other display problems are you having?

dvslats
April 20th, 2009, 16:43
Hi pubcrawl, Could you take a screen shot and attach it to a post? A picture is still worth a thousand words. But, should anyone try attaching screenies at this stage of server reload? Not sure if it's feasible or a good idea yet. What do you think Rami...

Rami
April 20th, 2009, 17:42
Dvslats,

Hold off until you get the all clear from Ickie.