PDA

View Full Version : Glass transparency colour.

SirBenn21
April 19th, 2009, 21:30
Hi

I was wondering how you change the transparency colour to clear or at least minimize the depth of the colour.
I always personly think that most of the dev's over do it and it always washes out the colours of your outside view.

Thanks

Ben

michael davies
April 20th, 2009, 00:27
Normally its done in the model, so you'll need the source code to do it, some do it with an alpha channel but most as far as I know, use the model code I'm afraid.

Best

Michael

Hi

I was wondering how you change the transparency colour to clear or at least minimize the depth of the colour.
I always personly think that most of the dev's over do it and it always washes out the colours of your outside view.

Thanks

Ben

DaveKDEN
April 20th, 2009, 06:20
Hi

Thanks

Ben

Ageed! IRL, most aircraft's cockpit canopies/windows are as clear as the glass in your car. You also typically don't notice internal reflections as it's brighter outside than inside.

glennc
April 20th, 2009, 07:44
I'm guessing that some developers put in at least some color to make it clear there was a texture there. I've seen a couple products get criticized because the windows/canopy were so clear it didn't look like there was any.

Glenn

EMatheson
April 20th, 2009, 08:08
Ageed! IRL, most aircraft's cockpit canopies/windows are as clear as the glass in your car. You also typically don't notice internal reflections as it's brighter outside than inside.
Which isn't exactly clear itself...
try cracking one of your car windows just half-way and comparing the view through the glass with the un-obstructed view...
there has to be some texturing there...
I think my favorite internal glass textures of all time are those in Carenados FS9 C206s - very lightly tinted, with only the faintest of reflections - the effect is really stunningly realistic...

SirBenn, is there a specific aircraft you are thinking of?

gera
April 20th, 2009, 08:33
Many models are getting this "Virus" or whatever....windows are dirty, hard to see outside, some even have shadows or glare that really mess up the flying experience...............really very troublesome and I find it not very realistic.......a nuisance and very disastrous to the model......one thing you do if you have a real plane is "Take care of your windows!!!!!! visibility is money in the bank".......................dirty windows can be very dangerous!!!!!!
:rocket:...when I find a model with this situation I usually junk it....no use flying VFR if you canīt hardly see from inside the plane or was the modeler thinking we should get or heads out????'...crazy.

BS-CAT
April 21st, 2009, 11:36
Hello!

Sorry about my english...
I have problems with the Wilga under FSX.
Normally (when a "DX10 preview" option enabled,) everything seems to be OK, but when I switch off this option and load the plane, the VC glass are totally black, I cannot look out from the seat. I have tried to convert the textures to DXT1/3/5, 32/24/16bit BMP format, but nothing happened.
I've tried other repaints too, but I got the same problem...

Could you help me using this plane with FSX?