PDA

View Full Version : and so it begins

cheezyflier
April 17th, 2009, 12:42
:woot: AWESOME!!!

for quite a while i have been plinking away on an old acoustic that i hate.
iron maiden don't sound right on one, you know?

today i found a guy willing to trade for his strat. it's only a squier but it's electric and i'm about to begin disturbin the neighbors!

6297J
April 17th, 2009, 12:54
Did someone say mid-life crisis :ernae:

See if you can play this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xr-OS3q6Y4

N2056
April 17th, 2009, 13:53
Very cool! :woot:
I have been 'playing' for years. I have no aspirations other than to have fun, and maybe someone who hears me will approve of what I am doing. I'm a big fan of the Blues :d

cheezyflier
April 17th, 2009, 14:20
i've been playin on and off for over 25 years.
don't let that fool you into thinkin i'm still good. i've already forgotten more than i remember, if you understand what i mean. at one time i could play nearly any rock song i ever heard. now...not so much:173go1:

Matt Wynn
April 17th, 2009, 14:49
yeah the strat is ok, but the original 50's models are like gold dust and cost an arm and a leg, only thing i regularly play on my squier strat is 'Zorba the greek'... that bit of greek in my blood just won't let go...

srgalahad
April 17th, 2009, 15:32
N2056, you and cheezy are still younger than Sarah Boyle (47) so don't give up hope yet :wiggle:

cheezyflier
April 17th, 2009, 15:44
if i could pick whatever i wanted, i would have a hamer explorer, or another les paul custom like what i had back in the day. i never liked the way strats sounded, but they do feel nice in my left hand. i'm just happy to not be playin that darn ovation anymore.

Sopwith Chameleon
April 17th, 2009, 16:05

MCDesigns
April 17th, 2009, 16:15
Funny thing this thread, my GF actually found my old Les Paul the other day and I got the 20 questions again about my band days. I definitely enjoyed the frontman position more than guitarist, probably why I never went beyond playing rhythm, LOL.