PDA

View Full Version : Sos

MustangNightFighter
April 16th, 2009, 10:33
So, I have had a couple of problems lately. I downloaded the Day It All Began pack to get the CFS3_Run HQ thingy to make my CFS3 run better and I found that it won't work on my computer. It ends up saying that it can't run because it can't find CFS3.exe. Is that because I have the no disc mod and forgot to save the original disc run start app thing? Also, I finally got the F6F-5(N) Black Death working and found that the cockpit is crap so I tried to use the F4F pit and now the game won't even start. I figure it dosen't fit. What would be a better quality pit that I could use for the Hellcat?

MustangNF

ndicki
April 16th, 2009, 11:16
It works on mine despite the mod-which-we-aren't-supposed-to-mention-here... Can't help, sorry. But in all honesty, it doesn't change much on my rig, in any case. If anything.

hairyspin
April 16th, 2009, 11:33
From what I can find about running programs in High Priority mode - doesn't actually need a download, just a batch file (DOS, DOS, wherefore art thou, DOS?) - there is the risk you may hobble your OS. The command instructs XP Pro to prioritise CFS3 at the expense of other things, quite possibly including essential system processes, while CFS3 is running. CFS3 is so greedy with system resources I shouldn't have thought it needed any encouragement!

I think it's more likely you've coincidentally mangled your CFS3 installation, sorry.

And if your conscience is bothering you, just copy MS's original CFS3.exe back over the File That Must Not Be Named. That's from the version after patching to CFS3.1a. Lost it? Back to installing from scratch, then. :banghead:

Squiffy
April 16th, 2009, 16:12
Check over both installs carefully. Do you still have a vanilla install? If you pranged the cockpit on the F6 then it probably wont' load at all. Give it a look over before using the nuclear option. Remember, any mention of "files-that-must-not-be-mentioned" will be disavowed.

:gossip:

MustangNightFighter
April 16th, 2009, 22:18
Okay, okay, okay... call off the firing squad. I didn't know...

Pat Pattle
April 16th, 2009, 22:49
I keep bangin' the drum on this, :) but if you'relooking for a smopther game then Ken Salters 'FS Autostart' is an excellent utility and WILL save you fps on all games.

http://www.fs-gs.com/downloads.htm