PDA

View Full Version : 'John Madden To Retire'

Panther_99FS
April 16th, 2009, 09:28
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9462768/Boom!-Madden-announces-retirement-from-booth?GT1=39002

TomSteber
April 16th, 2009, 09:38
I think it's great that their bringing in Collinsworth.

Rami
April 16th, 2009, 10:02
He'll probably draw an "Xs and Os" diagram of his mansion and yacht.

Who's going to sell Tinactin now?

Kiwikat
April 16th, 2009, 10:07
Who's going to sell Tinactin now?

That is the big question now, isn't it? :costumes:

JimC1702
April 16th, 2009, 10:12
Madden WAS the best, but after so many years his "schtick" got really old and tiresome. Same with Darrell Waltrip in NASCAR. He's gotten very irritating.

Among the NFL color commentators I like Phil Simms, Troy Aikman,and Daryl Johnston. They're effective without being cartoon characters.

JIm

Panther_99FS
April 16th, 2009, 10:41
I won't bring the man down....
He brought pro football to a level that might not have ever been reached were it not for his prescense :medals:

Irwin Forrester
April 16th, 2009, 10:56
It was during the draft in '68, a young quarterback from syracuse was picked-up by the raiders. The training camps came and went and this young qb was having trouble working into the raiders system. The player could have found himself in the dump with no prospect for a career, but John Madden felt storngly that this young man should receive fair treatment and was placed on waivers so another team could give him a shot. Sure enough, the Jets picked him up. His name is Joe Nameth and the rest is history. :ernae::woot: