PDA

View Full Version : HALP!!!! I can't ad seenery via the libary!

SolarEagle
April 14th, 2009, 21:06
:wave: My Scenery Library will not recognize any files as valid. The BGL's are in the the given folder, but it appears blank from within the library, and will not allow me to press OK.

For example I'll select the given folder, click OK, and then it will show me Scenery and Textures, so I select Scenery and OK, at which point I see an empty folder and I am unable to click OK.

I have this same issue with both payware scenery which must be manually activated, and with freeware requireing manual activation. No problems with self installers.

Come to think of it I have not been able to activate anything since installing FSX-Accel on my Win7 system, but then again I did not try to do so for quite a while after the install.

Any ideas? Any way to activate scenery with manual file edits?

EDIT: Windows 7 bug, see below..............

SolarEagle
April 14th, 2009, 21:36
I found a work around, which is worth noting as it seems to be a win7 bug.

Simply select the scenery you want to add and click OK, then right click anywhere in the white dialog box. Scenery will be added to FSX as normal.

Seems to be a bug in W7.

Cheers,
Noel

warchild
April 15th, 2009, 04:47
I can verify that bug. Happens to me too.. ::grrr:: have to add scenery via Win Vista..

airfighterjohn
April 16th, 2009, 01:57
I Think it is a bug in Acceleration--never had the problem until it was installed---:friday:

Roger
April 17th, 2009, 11:52
To add scenery in Vista you just have to hover over the scenery folder selected and it will turn light blue. Then click ok.

Buddha13
April 17th, 2009, 13:06
Hi all,
This is wierd.This has just happened to me today.See my earlier post about this.I have just come to the same workround you have.
Not got a clue why it happened.

Buddha13