PDA

View Full Version : Away to get a better picture on your moniter and better FPS.

flyer01
April 14th, 2009, 16:36
I was looking at Add-ons by Charlie and ran across a start-up bat. called Run_CFS3_IN high mode WinXp or NT Only. I tried it in my OFF2 sim. and for the first time was able to run the display setting at 5, 3, 3, 5 and 1. and got better FPS with a higher resolution on my moniter. Not only that but the sim starts faster. I have now put it in all my Sim's with the same effect. I have a short cut to all my Sim's in High resolution on my desk-top using this bat. Including ETO 1.20 after I edited the bat file to look like this @ECHO OFF
CLS
CALL ETOEraSwapper.bat
CD "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\global_layer"
CALL COGSwapper.bat
CD "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\sounds"
CALL EMusic Swapper.bat
start /high CFS3vista.exe

This is the down load that I found the Run_CFS3_IN high mode WinXp or NT Only. In http://www.combatfs.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=info&FileUploadName=Charlie&FileID=2427

All my Sim's perform better after starting it using this bat.:ernae:
flyer 01

Squiffy
April 15th, 2009, 06:26
Cool flyer. I shoudl look into this. Now it works for xp and nt too?

flyer01
April 15th, 2009, 08:26
Cool flyer. I shoudl look into this. Now it works for xp and nt too?

Squiffy, I use XP myself. I tryed this bat. on an vista pc and it works with it also. Better fps and picture with display sladers set higher.
flyer01

almccoyjr
April 16th, 2009, 16:06
flyer01...quick question

In OFF2, are you running the bat as stand alone, or did you edit to have it work with the OFFMANAGER? When I attempt to use OFFM, my frame rates drop back down. When I use as stand alone, I can't get into the manager, but frame rates are back up.

Squiffy
April 16th, 2009, 16:16
So do you use the era swapper to start each time. I have a quick start shortcut for cfs3 in both my eto and off install. I use it just for practice and dogfight anger management.

:D

flyer01
April 16th, 2009, 17:29
flyer01...quick question

In OFF2, are you running the bat as stand alone, or did you edit to have it work with the OFFMANAGER? When I attempt to use OFFM, my frame rates drop back down. When I use as stand alone, I can't get into the manager, but frame rates are back up.
edit to work with the off manager. start /high OFFManager.exe
flyer01

flyer01
April 16th, 2009, 17:36
So do you use the era swapper to start each time. I have a quick start shortcut for cfs3 in both my eto and off install. I use it just for practice and dogfight anger management.

:D

I use the MS_Batch file to start the game everytime.
flyer01

Wildfowler
April 17th, 2009, 02:42
:help:

The link to this takes me to a mission download! Help Please!!!

almccoyjr
April 17th, 2009, 02:49
edit to work with the off manager. start /high OFFManager.exe
flyer01

Ahhh...Thanks!
This was a jewel of a find.

flyer01
April 17th, 2009, 07:08
:help:

The link to this takes me to a mission download! Help Please!!!

Download the mission then open up the file called cfs3 there you will find the start-up bat. called Run_CFS3_IN high mode WinXp or NT Only. If you look in his other downloads you will find other useful tools also.
flyer 01

MajorMagee
April 17th, 2009, 08:41
Does anyone know what the /high switch is actually doing?

Is there a list of other possible switches for CFS3.exe?

wsmwsm
April 17th, 2009, 08:50
What do you do once you download the file? Where does it go, etc.?
And does it work with Vista?

steve58
April 17th, 2009, 10:01
Does anyone know what the /high switch is actually doing?

Is there a list of other possible switches for CFS3.exe?

Its not a CFS3 switch. It forces Windows to run the app at a higher priority....

http://windowsitpro.com/article/articleid/14500/how-can-i-run-an-application-at-a-higher-priority.html

WARNING: using the Realtime option is NOT recommended!

flyer01
April 17th, 2009, 10:49
What do you do once you download the file? Where does it go, etc.?
And does it work with Vista?
Put the file into the main folder of the CFS3 sim you are flying. You must click on this bat in order for your sim to start in high mod. If you have your CFS3 exe. named something other then CFS3 exe. such as CFS3vista exe. right click on the (Run CFS3 IN high mode WinXp Or NT Only) and edit to say----- start /high CFS3vista.exe. Other then that yes it works in vista. From what I have seen it will work in all M$ Windows. You can also rename the bat to what ever sim you are using it in by right clicking on the bat. and rename. Such as (Mediterranean Air War high mode WinXp Or Win Vista Only) Then you can creat a short cut to your destop and use the short cut to start your sim. in high mod.every time you start the sim. You must rename the bat in order to have different short cuts of other sim. on your desktop.
Hope this helps.
flyer01
PS--Thank You Charlie where ever you are.:ernae:

chriseponymous
April 17th, 2009, 15:14
I downloaded this bat file and it does seem to improve the fps. I put it in my main eto folder and ran it for the first time using the bat file which loaded eto automatically in era 1. Now when I start eto from the shortcut provided when you install eto and select the era it seems to run the bat automatically. On my slow system it really helps so thanks!

Squiffy
April 17th, 2009, 16:35
How about with trackir? I'm getting bad delayed stutters with track lag. fps is better but the track lag knocks it down worse than without.

wsmwsm
April 17th, 2009, 16:35
Before I do something I will regret, I download the file, place it in my main CFS3 folder for the sim I choose (in this case, the main ETO expansion folder) and then what? Go to the folder and double-click? Does this then start ETO?

And does this work for MAW, PTO, Korea? Do the icons work thereafter?

Squiffy
April 17th, 2009, 17:22
this will start cfs3 in whatever folder it's installed it. If you put it in eto it will start that one. You can right click on it and chose edit. Then change the line to read:

start /high cfs3.exe

You double click on it to run the game. Your shortcuts will need to be remapped to this bat.

That will work so long as you havent' renamed your game .exe. I am working on how to get this coordinated with joystick programming and track ir. I have it workign with game and track ir but joystick programs lag badly. What is the app running under task manager that actually controls the joystick emulations? Is it an svchost.exe? I am using thrustmaster cougar and Ch pro pedals. They both emulate keyboard under usb.

flyer01
April 17th, 2009, 17:47
Before I do something I will regret, I download the file, place it in my main CFS3 folder for the sim I choose (in this case, the main ETO expansion folder) and then what? Go to the folder and double-click? Does this then start ETO?

And does this work for MAW, PTO, Korea? Do the icons work thereafter?

Put the file into the main folder of the CFS3 sim you are flying. You must click on this bat in order for your sim to start in high mod. If you have your CFS3 exe. named something other then CFS3 exe. such as CFS3vista exe. right click on the (Run CFS3 IN high mode WinXp Or NT Only) and edit to say----- start /high CFS3vista.exe. Other then that yes it works in vista. From what I have seen it will work in all M$ Windows. You can also rename the bat to what ever sim you are using it in by right clicking on the bat. and rename. Such as (Mediterranean Air War high mode WinXp Or Win Vista Only) Then you can creat a short cut to your destop and use the short cut to start your sim. in high mod.every time you start the sim. You must rename the bat in order to have different short cuts of other sim. on your desktop. So far it works in all the sims.
Hope this helps.
flyer01

flyer01
April 17th, 2009, 17:51
How about with trackir? I'm getting bad delayed stutters with track lag. fps is better but the track lag knocks it down worse than without.
I have not tried it in trackir.
flyer01