PDA

View Full Version : 2 question about aerosofts F-16

XLR8
April 14th, 2009, 14:58
I only see 3 planes,I have the show all aircraft checked.How do I fix this.

Where do I find the missions...

Warrant
April 14th, 2009, 15:03
I only see 3 planes,I have the show all aircraft checked.How do I fix this.

Where do I find the missions...

1) If you go to FSX/Sim Objects/Aircraft do you see the entire bunch of Aerosoft F-16 folders?

2) Did you purchase the Aerosoft F-16 mission pack? It is a separate pack, not included with the F-16 pack (unless they have a sale offer).

VFR Reviews
April 14th, 2009, 15:05
Did you buy this via Aerosoft?

XLR8
April 14th, 2009, 15:15
I bought it though aerosoft download.
Yes there are many F-16 aircraft in the sim/objects .
Did not know about the mission pack...

Akatsuki
April 14th, 2009, 15:54
In the aircraft selection window be sure to check the "show all variations" option ( it's in the lower part of the window ).

There are 2 missions with the F-16, to get them select the "missions" tab then under the "category" dropdown menu select "Aerosoft flights".

:engel016:

XLR8
April 14th, 2009, 16:15
In the aircraft selection window be sure to check the "show all variations" option ( it's in the lower part of the window ).

There are 2 missions with the F-16, to get them select the "missions" tab then under the "category" dropdown menu select "Aerosoft flights".

:engel016:

I found the 2 missions but still only have 3 aircraft. I do have the "show all aircraft " checked. I even reinstalled the software. I would buy someone a beer if they could figure this out....

Akatsuki
April 14th, 2009, 16:29
I found the 2 missions but still only have 3 aircraft. I do have the "show all aircraft " checked. I even reinstalled the software. I would buy someone a beer if they could figure this out....

Have you tried unchecking and checking it back? I tried unchecking the option and i have only 3 F-16 showing up then... the A, AM and C variants.

XLR8
April 14th, 2009, 16:44
Tryed checking and unchecking.With it checked 3 planes ( clean ) without checked 2 planes ( clean )

tigisfat
April 14th, 2009, 17:50
I've heard through a buddy at Aerosoft that a 'pirated' version has been released this way on purpose, and that many 'full downloads' have ben uploaded as torrents this way, as in they have obvious tech defects so that users will post about the problem. Also, they have tracking bugs in them so that the companies can tell who downloaded the 'pirate' versions. This also prevents further piracy, because few pirates will upload something that has already been uploaded.

I had purchased the PMDG 747, and I was having problems with the screens staying on. I was immediately asked to prove my legitimacy, which I did. After I did, I was told that a version was released with screens that frequently turned off and stayed off to catch pirates.

I'm not too worried about divulging secrets, because I'm sure this thread will disappear into the nether regions of this site within a week, and I also doubt pirates do research about piracy.

I'm not saying that what's happened here, I'm just saying I heard that Aerosoft did this with only a few aircraft available.

XLR8
April 14th, 2009, 18:20
I've heard through a buddy at Aerosoft that a 'pirated' version has been released this way on purpose, and that many 'full downloads' have ben uploaded as torrents this way, as in they have obvious tech defects so that users will post about the problem. Also, they have tracking bugs in them so that the companies can tell who downloaded the 'pirate' versions. This also prevents further piracy, because few pirates will upload something that has already been uploaded.

I had purchased the PMDG 747, and I was having problems with the screens staying on. I was immediately asked to prove my legitimacy, which I did. After I did, I was told that a version was released with screens that frequently turned off and stayed off to catch pirates.

I'm not too worried about divulging secrets, because I'm sure this thread will disappear into the nether regions of this site within a week, and I also doubt pirates do research about piracy.

I'm not saying that what's happened here, I'm just saying I heard that Aerosoft did this with only a few aircraft available.

I don't have a pirated copy,I paid for it even have the confirm email. For aerosoft to do this IMO would be dumb. I am a new customer ,but have downloaded aircraft from alphasim,flight one ,abacus ,IRIS to name a few.If this is the case I would think that aerosofts name would be worth nothing.I have posted over at there site with the same question.There is a thread from someone who had the same problem. There was no real discussion how to fix it,but a hint that the person reinstalled.Witch I have done.

CodyValkyrie
April 14th, 2009, 21:48
I actually WORK with Aerosoft and noticed after installing all of my other updates, all of my F-16s simply disappeared. I have NO idea why... I reinstalled the package and they all came back. It was very odd. I wish I could help you more however.

tigisfat
April 14th, 2009, 21:58
I haven't installed any updates yet, and I bought it within a week. I'm afraid taht the updates might change something I like, and I fly this more than any other aircraft.

dhazelgrove
April 14th, 2009, 23:27
I'm assuming that you've checked the aircraft.cfg for consistency?
Numbering if the aircraft? Correct texture names? That sort of thing?
It's not unlikely that there's a corruption.

Dave

VaporZ
April 14th, 2009, 23:33
I have the Aerosoft F-16 Payware

No problems at all.....everyting is there and I have all freeware repaints
avalaible.

It is an interesting Digital Model but ..... the definitive FS Viper is still
to come......

with an Aircraft Configuration Manager ( ACM )
with a complete set up of ground equipment menu to click

First in FS9 !
and
Then in FSX !

Did I say VRS ?
:wavey:
VaporZ

XLR8
April 15th, 2009, 10:41
Thanks everyone for helping me. I got it to work.But IMO I am not impressed with it. Maybe I can sell it.....

tigisfat
April 15th, 2009, 10:50
Thanks everyone for helping me. I got it to work.But IMO I am not impressed with it. Maybe I can sell it.....

I don't see how anyone who's into fighters or F-16s could ever not like this one. Maybe you do have a screwed up version. It's definetely of higher clarity visually than anything else, it has the best fighter sounds we've ever seen, and the flight model does a pretty good job o simulating fly by wire.

What do you not like?

tigisfat
April 15th, 2009, 10:52
I have the Aerosoft F-16 Payware

No problems at all.....everyting is there and I have all freeware repaints
avalaible.

It is an interesting Digital Model but ..... the definitive FS Viper is still
to come......

with an Aircraft Configuration Manager ( ACM )
with a complete set up of ground equipment menu to click

First in FS9 !
and
Then in FSX !

Did I say VRS ?
:wavey:
VaporZ

We'll see. The time would be better spent bringing the super hornet to native FSX/acceleration specs, would it not? I'd be happy. It'd be really hard to outdo aerosoft on this F-16. REALLY hard.

XLR8
April 15th, 2009, 11:48
The copy I got was good I had to install sp2 to get it to work. The problem I had with sp2 is that most of the other planes I have bought don't work right with sp2.I am not sure why but after I got the F-16 to work the lag on that particular plane was terrible.When I run sp1 I can set pretty much all the settings on high or better plus add scenery with no problems. I am still getting the hang of this sim and the do's and don'ts.

falcon409
April 15th, 2009, 14:54
The copy I got was good I had to install sp2 to get it to work. The problem I had with sp2 is that most of the other planes I have bought don't work right with sp2.I am not sure why but after I got the F-16 to work the lag on that particular plane was terrible.When I run sp1 I can set pretty much all the settings on high or better plus add scenery with no problems. I am still getting the hang of this sim and the do's and don'ts.
If it's the lag that causes you to be unimpressed with the F-16, that probably won't change until you beef up the computer. It was widely advertised that this aircraft was going to be hog. . .apparently they were correct.

XLR8
April 15th, 2009, 15:28
If it's the lag that causes you to be unimpressed with the F-16, that probably won't change until you beef up the computer. It was widely advertised that this aircraft was going to be hog. . .apparently they were correct.

Heres my system

Intel<SUP> </SUP>Core 2 Extreme QX9650 (12MB,3.0GHz
768 gforce 8800 gtx
4GB OCZ ram at 1066mhz

160GB 10,000 rpm Raptor HD
XP
Sound<SUP> </SUP>Blaster X-Fi exstream
1000w power supplt

Not to much more to upgrade to fly 1 plane....I could upgrade to a intel core i7