PDA

View Full Version : Guatemalaīs small airfields Part I...or Bye Bye American Pie...Whatever!!!!

gera
April 13th, 2009, 06:38
Guatemala, Land of the Mayas.......As a charter pilot you have been all over. Africa and Thailand as well as Nepal. For four years now you came to Guate!..and business is picking up. You landed a contract with a Mine Survey company---CA Mining and Realigning Co. Ltd.
Usually an engineer is sent to the western mountains and you pick her up ( This is an all women outfit!!!:jump:......) in Quetzaltenango and fly to four very small airports: Guavito, Pueblo Viejo, Las Palmas and Los Palacios. The last one is quiete a Resort where many large hotels are full of tourists that come to admire the Mayan Temple of the Purple Leopard. Sorry to say you canīt afford the prices there so you usually return to Xelajú (Quetzaltenango) to your small apartment.....
..........................................but there are days where you double your fee (Contract Paragraph 6.9.0) since you have to go to the "worse landing areas this side of hell!!!"....these are just cleared areas where you simply stall in!!!!!! some even are Uphill!!!!!!.....many planes can be seen turned to wrecks around these "fields"....when the locals hear a plane coming in, the bets are on!!!!....."Good landing, Bye Bye American Pie, Cake and coffee tonight by a box!!!!!!....scary man, really scary!!!...but good dough for a better tomorrow!!!!!if you survive......:help::help:

As youīll can see Part I is one that will make Part II a "possible ..Donīt Show Man!!!", but since I almost finished Part I.....part II is "itching my fingers"......What do you fly around here????....well here is a list of aircraft seen in and around La Aurora Airport and Quetzaltenango.....Kodiaks, DH2īs, Super Cubs, Austers, DH6īs, Cessnas 182, some goofball 172īs (refurbished with some pretty hot engines) and others of various " small and sneaky fields planes".....
______
Who fly around?......pilots like Loana Bleechy. Loana is 34 and has flown in Brazil since she was 18, she is a real woman and pilot all right....or Pedro Celas, a 61 year old Central America Pioneer of the air.....Juck Lipkoonsky, a Siberian giant who hardly fits in an airplane but has to his merit over 800 flights in Siberia where Polar Bears cry due to the cold!!!!.....and so forth and so on type of guys.......
____

When you should see these scenery and Flights......Hummm, sooner than you think................I think.:hand::hand:

MCDesigns
April 13th, 2009, 06:53
LOL, your imagination is fantastic!

This is an all women outfit!!!
I like this, is your avatar part of this company? :d

gera
April 13th, 2009, 08:52
LOL, your imagination is fantastic!

I like this, is your avatar part of this company? :d

LOL.......hummm, Iīll let your mind "Deluge" on that!!!!!!!!:jawdrop:-----
Here is the "Front Cover" of a new Book on these airfields...............plus the "Area" the fine "Pilotos del Monte" (Bush Pilots) fly around in this first part......By the way, there are twenty two volcanoes in Guate..........mountains galore, Jungle (amost all cut to pieces!!!), the tallest Mayan Temple in Tikal and
many, mannnnyyyyyyyy beautiful women!!!!!:greenf:......some great Hot Food too..........tacos, enchiladas, revolcado, fiambre and great Rum!!!!!:gossip:

And....check out "lago Atitlánīs Four Volcanoes".....Bush pilotīs country....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdoIG_qgUIQ&feature=PlayList&p=79BB5D152973FF14&index=8

warchild
April 13th, 2009, 14:43
Hoping to be able to afford these in the next month or so.. For those of use with a proclivity towards writing and telling tall tails, these are wonderful :)... keep up the great work :D

gera
April 17th, 2009, 13:49
Soooo..............am uploading Tonight so maybe you can have a Risky Weekend flying the dangerous skies of Guatemala!!!!!!!!:welcome:

You will find some fields "going uphill!!!" and others on " top of a leaning hill"......sweet hu?????...you should clean and shine that Super Cub, Porter,
Auster, and similiar or if you really want to have sweaty palms and a running stomach...try the Cessna 182 or 206!!!!! :woot:

If you really want to hear the "razzle dazzle" of your knee bones as you push pedals try some of these fields at Dusk!!!! and if you want that sweet little piece of loving girl you got as co-pilot to shout her beautiful chest out and cause a zonic boom as you land try getting to some of these field at Night!!!!...Yup!!! some are lighted!! or something like that (??).....

Donīt gas up the machine to the top...fly light!!!!