PDA

View Full Version : Two stupid questions

Ralf Roggeveen
April 12th, 2009, 00:59
How can I set aircraft to start at the Gate, not on a runway? CANNOT work out how to do that - no doubt it's simple!

Also: All my propliners are appearing with their flaps stuck up on the port, down on starboard side. Why? It's driving me crazy! What's occurring? :confused:

sandar
April 12th, 2009, 01:08
No idea on the flap problem Ralf.

To start at the gate or ramp, when you select which airport you want, there is a box on the lower left side which has a drop down menu. It is a matter of selecting the required starting spot. Only airports/airfields which have ramp parking and/or gates will offer the choice.

Not very well described, but I hope you will understand.

Ralf Roggeveen
April 12th, 2009, 01:20
:wavey:Thanks sandar! Quick reply. Those drop down menus get me every time.

I'm wondering if the flap prob isn't something to do with having a big jet flight halfway through & saved? Seems to date from that, but I like to fiddle about with little propliner trips in the meantime (don't we all?)

Just wonder if anyone else ever had the problem?

Z-PurpleBubble
April 12th, 2009, 01:38
Hey Ralf,

Did you check the callibration of your joystick? And are you sure it's the flaps, and not the aileron's?

PB

Ferry_vO
April 12th, 2009, 02:05
Also: All my propliners are appearing with their flaps stuck up on the port, down on starboard side. Why? It's driving me crazy! What's occurring? :confused:

Try pressing the 'Z' key to disable the autopilot.

:)

Ralf Roggeveen
April 12th, 2009, 09:13
Thanks, guys. I think Ferry's autopilot theory is a good one. The machine remembers it from the saved flight, doesn't it? That should solve all my troubles.

Yeah, aeilerons. Those bits that go up & down on the sticking-out wing things.

:friday:all round & it's my :birthday:

java2srv
April 12th, 2009, 13:56
Happy Birthday Ralf!

To take Ferry's idea about the autopilot a step further -- be sure to check your trim settings if you have been using altitude-hold in the autopilot.

I have also seen the autopilot trying to turn my planes on the ground -- ailerons up/down to turn to my course setting, and the autopilot is trying to adjust the trim wheel to return to my altitude setting in the autopilot altitude-hold.

The trim wheel will go to full-up or full-down eventually, autopilot trying to get the plane to climb or descend even though its sitting on the ground.

If your trim wheel is set incorrectly, especially for the propliners, it will cause your yoke/stick inputs for the elevator (tailplane) to behave erratically.

Love those propliner fights, a favorite of mine is Denver - Anchorage.

:wavey:

Cazzie
April 12th, 2009, 15:37
Rolf,

Glad you got help on the second question.

On the first, after you go to the airport of choice and place it on the ramp, shut down your engines and save the flight, either as a Select a Flight mission or as your Default.

Caz

Ralf Roggeveen
April 12th, 2009, 22:02
Thanks, gentlemen, knew it was something like that. It's 1951 and I've got a Comet Mk I at 29,000ft out of Cairo approaching Khartoum on the way down to Entebbe. All the phenomena you describe occurred in other flights while it's being saved.

Not just a joystick though, I'm nerdy enough to have installed the Saitek yoke & throttle quadrant - very, very good, but it certainly requires patience & practice. :icon30: