PDA

View Full Version : 'Had A Tornado Last Night...'

Panther_99FS
April 10th, 2009, 15:41
My family was personally blessed with no damage...however, others weren't as fortunate...

--> http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=D9&Dato=20090410&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=904100802&Ref=PH

Quicksand
April 10th, 2009, 15:46
We're glad you and your family are okay, P. My prayers to those who were less fortunate.

GT182
April 10th, 2009, 16:00
Glad to hear you and the family are ok Panther. And as long as no one was seriously hurt, that's great too. You guys were very lucky by the looks of it, it could have been much worse.

Toastmaker
April 10th, 2009, 19:08
Good to see that luck was with you. I hope things calm down there. The big problem with tornados is you get little or no warning before they're on you.

Lionheart
April 10th, 2009, 20:40
Glad you are safe Panther, you and your family and all the rest.

Not a good thing.

Bill

Willy
April 10th, 2009, 21:24
Glad yall are all okay Panther. That same storm front rolled through here early this morning and we had a couple of tornadoes in the area here. Fortunately, just property damage and no one was hurt.

hey_moe
April 11th, 2009, 01:50
After watching the news Ed you and your family were one of the lucky ones. Thank goodness all is well for you and the family :woot: ...Mike

Snuffy
April 11th, 2009, 04:26
Glad to hear you got spared Ed ... :amen:

I've seen a coulple, but nothing too close and personal. :faint:

cheezyflier
April 11th, 2009, 05:20
After watching the news Ed you and your family were one of the lucky ones. Thank goodness all is well for you and the family :woot: ...Mike

+1 having seen up close what they can do, glad to hear everyone from soh is ok

grunau_baby
April 11th, 2009, 06:31
Good news you and the family got out off it allright!

Tornados are rare in my part of the world, but a few years ago there went one by just a hundred yards from where I live. It was all calm, but two streets away roofs and trees went whirling... Nothing you want close!

Take care
Alex

Henry
April 11th, 2009, 07:25
I am about 3 miles away
and did not even hear anything
didnt get any high winds or anything
some friends of mine watched the tornado
start across the lake and head towards downtown
weird stuff
I just went to the grocery store
and 2 blocks from my house
trees down
Glad you are safe P
H

airfighterjohn
April 11th, 2009, 07:26
Up to 5 tornadoes were spotted in Murfreesboro,TN yesterday, 2 being confirmed for sure, with 2 deaths confirmed. Three tornado warnings issued here in Cookeville, but none were actually spotted. The tree that got demolished in my backyard would beg to differ, however. Glad no one was hurt in your family, Panther:amen:

Kofschip
April 11th, 2009, 08:01
Ed, as a veteran of 18 years of Oklahoma tornadoes, I am glad that you and your family escaped without any harm. I hope that you guys have a "fraidy hole" to hide out when the next ones come along. And never ignore the sirens and green skies.

Panther_99FS
April 11th, 2009, 11:35
Thanks folks....:welcome:

Weird aren't they 'Enry....Here we were gettin' terrorized & you were enjoying a midnight tea....:kilroy:

Wiens
April 11th, 2009, 11:48
Panther,

I'm glad you and your family are safe. Tornado's aren't anything to mess with!!......unless you live in Kansas. :rapture:

Kevin

Henry
April 11th, 2009, 12:18
Thanks folks....:welcome:

Weird aren't they 'Enry....Here we were gettin' terrorized & you were enjoying a midnight tea....:kilroy:
Nah i was asleep!:faint:
H