PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question here

RyanJames170
April 9th, 2009, 15:51
Is it true that Microsoft is not going to do FSXI now??? read some where about this an while back.

Ryan

Seaking055
April 9th, 2009, 16:19
Yup, from what I have read, it's all kyboshed, they laid off the whole team.

spotlope
April 9th, 2009, 16:25
Yep, FSX is officially the ultimate MSFS. Good news: we can spend the next few years tweaking our rigs and stocking up on add-ons! :woot:

Quixoticish
April 9th, 2009, 16:46
I read that they laid off the whole team. I didn't read anything about them completely cancelling all future Flight Sim development.

RyanJames170
April 9th, 2009, 16:52
yah i realy would like to see FSXI come out im doing up my curent rig for FSX and FSXI when it comes out.

paiken
April 9th, 2009, 16:57
Please remember, the only stupid question is the one you never ask:wavey:

harleyman
April 9th, 2009, 17:15
I have a stupid question..........

Oh...Never mind...Already asked it.....

RyanJames170
April 9th, 2009, 17:31
I have a stupid question..........

Oh...Never mind...Already asked it.....

??? i dont understand this

harleyman
April 9th, 2009, 18:30
??? i dont understand this

Its just me being stupid is all.....You must overlook me at times....:faint:

SolarEagle
April 10th, 2009, 00:49
The legendary Phil Taylor tells all.....

http://www.futuregpu.org/search/label/Flight%20Sim

By the way can anybody shed light on this:

MICROSOFT SAYS IT WILL NOT GET RID OFF ITS NUMBER ONE GAME FRANCHISE(FS,FSX)ALTHOUGH IT WILL PASS ON THE CFS PROGRAM,AND IN DOING SO WILL BE RELEASING A PLATFORM SPECIFICALLY FOR THE FSX GAME PLATFORM ON THE INTERNET,THEREBY RELIEVING ITSELF OF SOME MAJOR PROBLEMS VIA GAMESPY,THIS OF COURSE DERIVED FROM THE ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF FEEDBACK FROM THE FSX COMMUNITY,SO THE GOOD NEWS IS WE WILL SOON HAVE A INTERNETSITE THAT WILL PROVIDE THE FSX SIMPILOT THE UTILITIES NOW NEEDED FOR THE VAST PROGRAM CAPABILITY OF THE ALREADY PREMIUM PACKAGE.MY ONLY WISH IS THAT THERE WILL BE THE CHOICE OF WARFARE ETC.,,AND LIKEWISE COULD BE POSTED AT THE SCREEN CHOICE SELECTION.HAVE A GREAT FLIGHT.AMJ12

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13622

There was a blog post I saw somewhere about the possibility of ex-ACES releasing a utility they may or may not have, which would be of major use to developers. Is this related to that?

Quixoticish
April 10th, 2009, 01:21
SolarEagle, anyone who posts completely in capitals like that has lost all credibility in my eyes, I wouldn't put too much faith in it.

stiz
April 10th, 2009, 02:39
from what i've gatherd, ACES has been scraped, but MS was hiring for a new "flight game", so i belive there will be another game to do with flight, but weather or not it will be along the lines of FS or more like Tom Glancys HAWKS remains to be seen, me, i'm guessing the later.

And i agree, anyone that types in pure capitals is makeing it up, ex aces people and people who work at MS are smart enough to know if the caps lock is on or not :kilroy:

Buddha13
April 10th, 2009, 03:46
Hi all,
One other thing to remember is that all the work already done for FSX 11 is the property of MS.Therefore it will be locked away somewhere safe ready for them to re enter the flight sim market when the market picks up.
Staff can be hired and fired.Data is for ever.

Buddha13

FLighT01
April 10th, 2009, 04:32
Its just me being stupid is all.....You must overlook me at times....:faint:

We do.

spotlope
April 10th, 2009, 07:55
Hi all,
One other thing to remember is that all the work already done for FSX 11 is the property of MS.Therefore it will be locked away somewhere safe ready for them to re enter the flight sim market when the market picks up.
Staff can be hired and fired.Data is for ever.

Buddha13

As anyone who's had to work on someone else's code knows, having the source is of dubious value if nobody from the original team is around to interpret. I pity the programmers who get that assignment. :faint:

stiz
April 10th, 2009, 10:18
especialy if the basic core of it is over 6+ yrs old by the time they get it! :faint:

RyanJames170
April 10th, 2009, 10:28
especialy if the basic core of it is over 6+ yrs old by the time they get it! :faint:

yah no kidding some of us wish FSX would have been built with a new core
meaning the fallowing
all graphics done by your GPU

my $0.02 any way