PDA

View Full Version : My condolences for Angels fans...

Rami
April 9th, 2009, 08:24
To all,

Even though I'm not an Angels fan, I find this very sad. He had just finished pitching six shutout innings in the majors when he was killed in part of a hit-and-run accident that claimed other lives as well.

Twenty-two years old and gone. The only good thing I could find in it is that he died doing what he loved.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4055343

Quicksand
April 9th, 2009, 08:29
A real tragedy... May he rest in peace. My prayers go out to his family, friends, and teammates...

Rami
April 9th, 2009, 10:58
Apparently the guy in the minivan was over the legal limit for intoxication and driving on a suspended license when he ran the red light...big surprise. :angryfir:

No wonder he fled the scene on foot.

TARPSBird
April 9th, 2009, 12:00
A life and a potentially great major league career cut short.
It's so easy to lift a few and then head for home (or another bar) thinking, no problem, I'm OK, it's just a couple blocks down the street, what can happen? This is what can happen. Even if you're just pulled over, it's potentially jail time and 2-3 years of fines, fees and hassle. Don't drink and drive.

Meshman
April 9th, 2009, 15:51
I'm a huge Angels fan. There are two sports seasons for me, college football and baseball. I was really looking forward to the start of the season. The opportunity to see the young guys coming along, trying to make a name for themselves, maybe, just maybe win a spot on the big league roster. This year the Angels have three of their five starters on the disabled list to start this season, so having the young guys step up was very important.

During my last web check last night the Angels were ahead 3-0. This morning I saw they lost the game. Later I saw the news about the accident.

The kid's father flew out to SoCal to see his son pitch.

Now my tax dollars will house the arrested party for the next 25 years. Not much solice, TBH.

And there were two other casualties. Such a shame.

Cloud9Gal
April 9th, 2009, 16:05
Such a young life....how sad :(

~May he rest in Peace and walk in the Eternal Light~

aeronca1
April 10th, 2009, 14:14
Call me harsh, but I firmly support execution for scum like this. Prison is too good for a person like that........