PDA

View Full Version : Savage Attack!

OBIO
April 9th, 2009, 08:19
Just a few minutes ago (shortly before noon Ohio time), I took my dog, Brutus, out for a potty. And right in the middle of a nice pee, he was savagely attacked by a big, black.....butterfly! It came out of no where, we were not prepared for the attack at all. And it happened so fast..one moment Brutus was minding his own business, signing his name on a clump of taller grass, and the next he was in a fight for his life. That butterfly struck faster than I ever thought possible.

Who would have thunk it possible that a dog could be so brutally attacked by a butterfly on April 9th. Heck, there aren't any flowers up yet for the butterfly to feed on....other than Daffodils. But there it was, in all its beauty and violence, a large black butterfly with iridescent blue markings along its wings. This is definitely the earliest in the year I have ever seen a butterfly.

Brutus will be fine. No major injuries, but he did pee on himself a bit when that butterfly attacked him. He was full hike, full stream, and suddenly the butterfly was in his face (I did not even see where it came from)...Brutus was so surprised he nearly fell over...and peed on his front legs in the process LOL.

OBIO

Prowler1111
April 9th, 2009, 08:24
Damn El niņo!!:173go1:

Prowler

Quicksand
April 9th, 2009, 08:32
:costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes:

kilo delta
April 9th, 2009, 08:35
My God.......It's like Hitchcock's "Birds".....'cept with butterflies!! Who'd have though it, while they've been "innocently" fluttering about our gardens the reality is that been planning Global domination. First they start with Man's best friend..........then Mankind itself. Personally, I'm blaming the Caterpillars for this travesty.
Let the World unite........let's all buy some tennis rackets and dice these critters before it's too late.

LOL........Glad Brutus has recovered from this savage attack.:ernae:

brad kaste
April 9th, 2009, 08:45
Are you sure it was a true butterfly? Possibly a disguise worn by a miniature
Sasquatch,... or a tiny alien 'gray'? I'd go back to the same spot to see if it's still hovering around and acting aggressive. No butterfly in it's right mind would be flipping about this time of year in Ohio.

Dangerousdave26
April 9th, 2009, 08:48
OBIO

Sorry guy you were mistaken

Butterflies do not have mouths. They can not eat. Their soul existence is to Breed and create eggs for the Larval stage of their life.

It was not attacking your dog...

:kilroy: Guess what it was doing...

:woot:

Toastmaker
April 9th, 2009, 08:58
When I lived in Mexico, Cancun had a seasonal problem with butterflies. . .

OBIO
April 9th, 2009, 09:01
Dave

You tellin me that my dog just got DONE by a butterfly?!?!?!? That would explain why he is now laying on the floor with a silly grin on his face and smoking a cigarette.

OBIO

brad kaste
April 9th, 2009, 09:13
OBIO

Sorry guy you were mistaken

Butterflies do not have mouths. They can not eat. Their soul existence is to Breed and create eggs for the Larval stage of their life.

It was not attacking your dog...

:kilroy: Guess what it was doing...

:woot:
Dave,...butterflies do have 'mouths' as such. It's not a mouth like a grasshopper or beetle,....butterflies use a flexible straw/tube device to suck up nectar from various flowers. There's a flying type insect called the 'mayfly.' It's born with no mouth and lives only a short while. Yep,...it flits around to do only one thing.....................

Terry
April 9th, 2009, 10:24
If it floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee, perhaps it was Aly. :wave:

cheezyflier
April 9th, 2009, 11:41
did it look like one of these?

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/cheezyridr/IMG_2301.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/cheezyridr/IMG_2305.jpg

i went to the butterfly conservatory at niagra falls last year, it was a really cool place. if your ever up that way (on the canadian side) do go in and see it.

i have a few more pics in this video, just skip past the first 4 minutes, unless you want to hear some good trumpet music and see some nonsense pictures

-7tIXOQO_Dc

hey_moe
April 9th, 2009, 11:50
LMAO.......po tang.

Odie
April 9th, 2009, 12:24
Expect a litter of .....butterpuppies??

hey_moe
April 9th, 2009, 17:04
I was wondering about something...have you made an appointment for a Dog Phycharist in case there might be some kind of brain damage... :costumes:

Eoraptor1
April 9th, 2009, 17:14
Obio,

If you've read The Hobbit, then you know about the black butterflies...

JAMES

PS Did you name your dog after Marcus Junius Brutus, or the bully from Popeye?

OBIO
April 10th, 2009, 00:45
Eoraptor

I have read the Hobbit a few times, been a while since the last reading...and I don't remember the black butterflies. Literature and "recreational pharmaceuticals" do not go well together I suppose.

Brutus was already named when we got him at 9 weeks of age. He was the biggest pup in the litter, so they gave him a name to reflect that. It's actually an odd name for a dog his size.....12 pounds! He is 3/4 Chihuahua and 1/4 Jack Russell Terrier (I know, the AKC now calls the breed the Parson Russell Terrier, but I will forever call them Jack Russells). Actually, even as a pup, the name Brutus was odd as he was only 2.8 pounds at 9 weeks...so imagine how small he was a new born.

OBIO