PDA

View Full Version : Remmenber The FS "FLY"

casey jones
April 9th, 2009, 08:09
What happened to the FS Fly some years back? Was it very good?

Cheers

Casey:wavey:

dominique
April 9th, 2009, 10:13
Fly! died when his lead developper, Richard Harvey, died six years ago.

It had been a cruel loss for the simming community as the guy was extremely talented and a very nice fellow.

Fly!2 was rushed to release by Take 2 but the two versions of the franchise were quite good. They are outdated I presume now, they have been off my computer for quite awhile...

Lionheart
April 9th, 2009, 11:42
Fly 1 was AWESOME!!!!!

I loved that little sim. Back in the early days it was way ahead of its time, featuring photo real scenery. You only had 4 regions to fly in, and the terrain looped over again if you kept flying straight along.

I loved the little FBO office too where you selected your plane and all. Birds chirping outside, etc..

Great sim. Never did try Fly II.

Bill

Naismith
April 9th, 2009, 20:58
Fondly remember Fly, especially the mapping side of it.
Shame also re Flight Unlimited series which was great in its day but too restricted in flying area.

Lionheart
April 9th, 2009, 21:33
Shame also re Flight Unlimited series which was great in its day but too restricted in flying area.

Dang Naismith...

It was Flight Unlimited.

My oops.. Thanks for the reminder.

Bill

dominique
April 10th, 2009, 00:38

You mean Todd Klaus Terrascene, wasn't it great ? My puter of then spent nights crunching USGS data :icon_lol: !

I wish the MSFS world has such tool but I guess that with FSGenesis meshes and landclasses we got lazy anyway...:mixedsmi:

Motormouse
April 10th, 2009, 09:02
Fly!II is still around, being supported by its user community, most additions come from french site simvol http://fly.simvol.org/

(as is Flight Unlimited III, where the die-hard users have added the UK and Switzerland to fly in,and newer aircraft,check out the forum at Avsim)

ttfn

Pete