PDA

View Full Version : Tom's A330

jimjones
April 6th, 2009, 01:58
Seems this Airbus 330 has not been mentioned here.

http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm=SEARCH1&fsec=0&fname=TOM330.ZIP

I especially like the two nightime panels....nice colors, pics below.

It has separate animations for cargo doors and up to 6 passenger doors.

Has wing flexing.

Cabin enhancements over default a321.

Very subtle engine heat effects.

Paint kit available. Comes with Airfrance, Lufthansa, Air Transit paints.

JT8D-9A
April 6th, 2009, 02:07
Wow, that looks nice and interesting! Thanks for the HU and of course thanks to Thomas!:applause:

Mr.Mugel
April 6th, 2009, 05:57
Is it native? Downloaded it too, among the 340, but didnīt yet get to try them...

d0mokun
April 6th, 2009, 05:59
It's native, looks quite good too.

Matt Wynn
April 6th, 2009, 06:15
excellent a paintkit :woot: hmm that spec maps going to get a bashing.... as is the paint kit in general :jump:

Prowler1111
April 6th, 2009, 08:37
I donīt know if my opinion is worth anything, but this model is up there with the best payware (tube liners) out there..iīm not a tube liner fan, but had to give this one a ride and itīs /&%/ amazing..i might have to contact the creator (and if someone know how, buzz me, pls)
Best regards
Prowler

Boomer
April 6th, 2009, 09:28
Tubes dont do much for me but it looks quite nice!

noddy
April 6th, 2009, 10:56
Tubes dont do much for me but it looks quite nice!

I with you, but may give it a try.

Pepere
April 6th, 2009, 11:00
Thanks for the HU. Didn't think it was a complete aircraft because it didn't have the check mark by it.... thanks for letting us know.. :wave:

David

Paularx
April 6th, 2009, 11:56
This is an awesome aircraft - brilliant job with VC, bump maps, textures - the whole thing is amazingly well done -great job Tom ! :ernae:

Bjoern
April 6th, 2009, 12:48
Hm. The A330 normally doesn't fit into my portfolio (RJs/short range), but I might just this one a try anyways. Maybe once a Delta/USAir paint is released I'm gonny try a USA transcontinental or something. :)

Bjoern
April 6th, 2009, 17:00
By the way: Just found out that Thomas Ruth has uploaded some incomplete A300 models to Flightsim some time ago.

Anyone want to finish them? :)

Otherwise they'll go down on my "long time projects I won't finish anyways" list. :costumes:

Gdavis101
April 6th, 2009, 19:13
Nice planes!

Marlin
April 6th, 2009, 19:29
Looks like a real nice bird although it's not really my speed.

The thing that usually keeps me away from big tubes is the fully functional FMC. The learning curve is just a tad to steep for me.

Does this bird have a FMC?

Spikehughes
April 6th, 2009, 19:55
[The thing that usually keeps me away from big tubes is the fully functional FMC. The learning curve is just a tad to steep for me.]

I have found that I really do enjoy flying tube liners just as much as the lighter single engine models - but I do enjoy lining up bigger planes for IMC ILS approaches and SIDS and STAR departures and arrivals

If the thought of complex FMC's concerns you - try the F-Lite models. The flight models are reasonably good and they have less complexity than say PMDC models or Wilco models...

guzler
April 7th, 2009, 01:54
Great frame rates too.

Bjoern
April 7th, 2009, 06:23
Does this bird have a FMC?

Freeware birds usually don't. Notable exception: The IFly 744.

JT8D-9A
April 7th, 2009, 06:40
He has also made an A340-200: http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm=SEARCH1&fsec=0&fname=TOM340.ZIP :applause:

Nice freeware FMC: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=honeywellfmc.zip&CatID=root (http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=honeywellfmc.zip&CatID=root) :rapture:

tigisfat
April 7th, 2009, 09:10
I downloaded it and did a few touch and goes. What a great aircraft!! Everything about it is a pass. I would reccomend it to anyone looking to round out their collection.

Mr.Mugel
April 7th, 2009, 13:01
I like it! Took her from Venice to Salzburg earlier, was quite joyful! Especially the steep 34 visual approach to Salzburg!

Any further repaints for these? Maybe European or North American 340s?

doublecool
April 7th, 2009, 13:10
I like it! :applause::applause:

one question how does one adjust the front wheel up a little it sits in the tarmac just a little to much

Bjoern
April 8th, 2009, 08:45
Especially the steep 34 visual approach to Salzburg!

Are 332s actually certified to do this?

Mr.Mugel
April 8th, 2009, 09:38
After the approach Iīd say no, but I like it challanging! 11.000 Feet until very close to the airport. Are you allowed to use the speedbrakes in flight with this Airbus? Would hardly work without them...

Bjoern
April 8th, 2009, 12:49
Good question. Are you allowed to use them regardless of airliner?

(I sometimes do, but only with the AP disengaged.)

deathfromafar
April 8th, 2009, 14:27
This is a really nice model(s). Couple of minor issues which are fixable. First as Doublecool mentioned on the above post, the mains sit too high creating a nose down wheelbarrel stance while on the ground regardless of the fuel and weight. Secondly, the differential braking doesn't work making it difficult to ground steer the model in tight turns. It tends to push ahead when you tiller the nosewheel hard to one side. Minor issues though. I am going to try and level the ground stance in the contact points this evening and see what happens.

As to what could be improved later in an update besides the mentioned items here? The flight model could be for sure. It flies way better than the stock A321 in my opinion. However, the real Airbus A series FBW FCS have built in limiters on the bank and pitch attitudes as well as autothrottle response to steep pitch changes. This has been modeled quite well in the Feelthere/Wilco Airbus sets. The control feel is very sterile unlike Boeings having a very solid/live feel. It also has "preset" bank and pitch angle moments in the FCS. For example, you can start your takeoff roll and rotate at your precalculated V Speeds and after rotation, you can release the stick and the plane will maintain pitch atitude/angle. In manual turns(autopilot off), you simply bank the plane with an input on the stick and the plane will turn without a need to hold in back pressue or bank. It autocoordinates the turn until you level the wings. No rudder input is needed. While flying on autopilot with this model, you're not going to notice the control feel obviously. But when you cut the autopilot, the control feel is in "pure control law" all the time wereas the real Airbus is only in this control config on takeoff and the last 100 feet & less before landing.

Once again, not a gripe, just an observation where an outstanding model could get an upgrade in this area later on. It is a keeper for sure!

Bravo!!!:ernae:

b52bob
April 8th, 2009, 18:57
Great piece of work!

deathfromafar
April 8th, 2009, 19:06
For those who wish to level out the static ground stance a bit, here are my efforts this evening(albeit not perfect but better than it was).
(Open with notepad)

(Edit) -This will work on both the A330 and 340-

simkid22
April 8th, 2009, 20:30
Just started messing around with the paint kit.

deathfromafar
April 8th, 2009, 20:58
Just started messing around with the paint kit.
Wow!!! I'm looking forward to more of these!

CG_1976
April 8th, 2009, 23:48
Im loving this A-330. But i have ? is this bird suppose to be touchy on throttles. I mean its hits 400 knots like a rocket. Overall i like this A-330, beats the hck outa the port over Posky I was flying. Now If i could find a nice FSX native A-320 VC model and not the default. Flying very pleasurable Orbyx scenery and REX with nice clouds dancing off my windshield.

Matt Wynn
April 9th, 2009, 05:09
where can i find the paintkit? can't seem to find it myself....

jimjones
April 9th, 2009, 05:35
At flightsim.com

search for file: tompkit.zip

Also this morn a TFT CRT VC version became available as file: tomtftvc.zip

Matt Wynn
April 9th, 2009, 08:55

tigisfat
April 9th, 2009, 23:45
I just spent some time in the A340 as well. This guy is doing a hell of a job.

Thanks Tom!!

jimjones
April 13th, 2009, 03:36
For those interested in an Eastern Airline Paint of Tom's 330 there is one available at flightsim.com, named tom33eal.zip.

It comes as a complete plane, but if you already have the original release installed you can merely copy over just the texture folder from this download and modify the airplane.cfg file to include the EAL paint info.

warchild
April 13th, 2009, 05:14
I admit, it looks fascinating. Of course i'm downloading it, though it's not like i need another airbus. I'm interested in the fly by wire implementation and i want to see if i can force it into a nose high stall.. You cant do that on the real bird and wilco/feelthere got it right on their series one. Yes, i understand this is freeware, but i really needed an excuse for yet one more airbus ::lol::..
Thanks for sharing :) and thanks to Tom :)..

warchild
April 13th, 2009, 05:30
Im loving this A-330. But i have ? is this bird suppose to be touchy on throttles. I mean its hits 400 knots like a rocket. Overall i like this A-330, beats the hck outa the port over Posky I was flying. Now If i could find a nice FSX native A-320 VC model and not the default. Flying very pleasurable Orbyx scenery and REX with nice clouds dancing off my windshield.

The wilco series one airbus's arent too bad, and theres also the Air Simmer group ( http://www.airsimmer.com/index.htm ) Which i've been watching for some time, who is coming out with a full set of busses.. tthey're at least worth keeping an eye on..