PDA

View Full Version : Liberty XL2

gajit
April 5th, 2009, 14:00
Hi

I saw a real one the other day (rare in UK) so bought this Eaglesoft version. Its really good in FSX.

But does anyone know what The WS versions are compared to the standard - i just can t find anything in the manuals.

I bet its obvious but I just cant find it.

Ferry_vO
April 5th, 2009, 14:25
Wide Screen panels perhaps..?

n147yt
April 5th, 2009, 14:27
This from Eaglesoft Forums:
16:9 Wide Screen panels for better visibility and more enjoyment with the new Wide Screen monitors http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

gajit
April 5th, 2009, 22:17
Many thanks guys - i tried to do a WS search on their forum but it never found it. :wiggle:

IanHenry
April 6th, 2009, 00:04
Yes gajit the WS does stand for wide screen, most of the Eaglesoft GA aircraft have this option. The Eaglesoft Liberty XL2 really is a superb little aircraft; I really like the sound that comes with it. It’s an aircraft that I tend to overlook in my hanger for long periods until I’m reminded of it, like now!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Enjoy your aircraft,
Ian

n4gix
April 6th, 2009, 09:04
As a matter of design principle, all new projects are created first using a WideScreen 2d panel design. Only afterwards is the "normal screen" 2d panel developed... :ernae:

gajit
April 6th, 2009, 10:12
Yes gajit the WS does stand for wide screen, most of the Eaglesoft GA aircraft have this option. The Eaglesoft Liberty XL2 really is a superb little aircraft; I really like the sound that comes with it. It’s an aircraft that I tend to overlook in my hanger for long periods until I’m reminded of it, like now!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Enjoy your aircraft,
Ian

Yes Ian - your right - it sounds great as well and the night lighting externally and in the VC is excellent.

It has to be one of Eaglesoft's better products.

n4gix
April 6th, 2009, 16:55
Thanks! It's one of my favorites. I created both the model and the gauge system for the Liberty...

gajit
April 6th, 2009, 22:18
Thanks! It's one of my favorites. I created both the model and the gauge system for the Liberty...

Then your a genius - well done for a fine product :applause:

IanHenry
April 7th, 2009, 00:56
Yes it’s difficult to find any faults with this aircraft; its flight model feels perfect (although I haven’t had the opportunity to fly a real one).
This little aircraft has a charm which is difficult to put into words and is defiantly my favourite <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Eaglesoft</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">GA</st1:State></st1:place> aircraft, better even than the Piper Twin Comanche.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Regards,
Ian

n4gix
April 7th, 2009, 10:54
Thanks, both of you for the kind words. What has been such a puzzle to me is that the Liberty XL2 has not sold well. In fact, it suffers the dubious "honor" of having the lowest number of sales out of all our models... :faint:

6297J
April 7th, 2009, 12:19
Thanks, both of you for the kind words. What has been such a puzzle to me is that the Liberty XL2 has not sold well. In fact, it suffers the dubious "honor" of having the lowest number of sales out of all our models... :faint:

I remember buying and trying before getting a refund for it in FS9 where it was a terrible frame rate hog on the system I had then. I seem to remember it took a couple of patches to put that right for most folk but I never repurchased and it put me off trying in FSX. In fact I think it was the last ES aircraft I ever bought.

IanHenry
April 7th, 2009, 12:32
N4gix, I can only assume that the reason it doesn’t sell well is because people don’t realise just how good it is! It was the first Eaglesoft aircraft that I bought and I now have all of their GA aircraft with the exception of the Cirrus SR22 G2 (there all great) but the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Liberty</st1:place></st1:City> is still my favourite.
Regards,
Ian

gajit
April 7th, 2009, 13:21

I have to admit that I was not really aware of the real world XL2 until the FS9 product came out. The fact that there are few photos of the aircraft on Airliners.net and jetphotos to me suggests that it is not an aircraft that is out there at the moment.

I bought the FSX model as I happened to see one at a private strip the other day and it reminded me of how much I liked the FS9 version.

Perhaps developers will confirm that more famous planes sell better than less known aircraft?