PDA

View Full Version : Which Business Jet?

IanHenry
April 5th, 2009, 10:06
I have a sudden yearning for a business jet but can’t decide which one to buy (I don’t normally fly such aircraft).
The two that have caught my eye are the Flight1 Cessna Mustang:
http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1mustang (http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1mustang)
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
And the Eaglesoft Cessna Citation X:
http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CitationX_20.htm (http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CitationX_20.htm)
<o:p> </o:p>
I have several <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Eaglesoft</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">GA</st1:State></st1:place> aircraft and they are all good but the Mustang looks really nice although it’s a little expensive at nearly £38.
Has anyone any experience of those two aircraft and can recommend one?
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Ian

Lionheart
April 5th, 2009, 10:13
The Citation X by Wilco is amazing and impressive, but is a bit difficult. I still havent been able to do a normal flight in it, and I purchased it almost a month ago.

The Beech Jet by Eaglesoft looks brilliant (through my eyes). I have had my eyes on that one for a long while.

The Flight1 Mustang has had rave reviews.

Man, difficult decision there....

Remember that Falcon tri-jet freeware bird that was out many years ago? Yannick Lavinne and team had worked on that one. What an amazing biz jet that was. Extreme detail...

Bill

Kiwikat
April 5th, 2009, 10:26
The Citation Mustang rocks, especially if you've got a decent computer. Those G1000 displays hit your fps a fair amount while in the VC. It is a beautifully modeled and textured aircraft though.

I guess I'm a bit biased towards it because I was on the beta.:173go1:

gajit
April 5th, 2009, 10:38
Hi

For me the Mustang is worth every penny even though my FPS suffers a bit due to the MFDs being tough on my old system. I would never part with it now.

I just love the detail on the bits that really count :applause::applause:

lawdawg
April 5th, 2009, 11:10
Mustang...
Period.

hobofat
April 5th, 2009, 11:10
I am also an unabashed Mustang convert. It's absolutely fantastic, tons of little details, flies beautifully, great work on the G1000. One of the most immersive payware addons I have ever seen, and once I had it downloaded I seldom fly anything else.

But like the others say...a bit of a FPS-hog due to the G1000. Most of the time I'm fine to use the VC, but occaisionally when going into high density areas I flip on the 2d cockpit for landings.

Flight1 has a no questions asked 30-day money back guarantee, so you can try it out for awhile and see how it goes. I purchased it on that basis and the 30 days went buy...but i'm still flying!

6297J
April 5th, 2009, 11:32
Stang :amen:

IanHenry
April 5th, 2009, 11:51
Looks like the Mustang then. I must admit that was the one that really caught my eye. Thanks for the help chaps.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Ian.<o:p></o:p>

sim-paticissimo
April 5th, 2009, 11:52
Mustang.

krazycolin
April 5th, 2009, 12:11
I would wait a bit before buying anything.... (not going to say anything else on this but....)

KC

IanHenry
April 5th, 2009, 12:20
Intriguing Krazycolin

Helldiver
April 5th, 2009, 12:35
I like the Mustang a lot but can't figger out how to turn the displays on. The manual tells what your looking at but ignores how to turn them on. Anyone could sent me a screenshot showing what to hit would be most welcomed.

gajit
April 5th, 2009, 12:43
Of course - the one im really waiting for is the FSD Lockheed Jetstar - but that has been promised for years

BOOM
April 5th, 2009, 13:07
I believe The Eaglesoft Citation X for FSX is an older model and they are currently working on version 2.0,I purchased the Eaglesoft Beechjet Hawker and I'm very pleased with it's performance and price! It has a very nicely detailed VC.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/fsx2009-03-2722-18-39-17.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/fsx2009-03-2722-39-15-13.jpg
As stated by others The Mustang is incredible if your rig has the Horsepower to run it,you also receive the 30 day money back gaurantee from Flight1 so you can't go wrong with trying it out!!

BTW gajit FSD says they expect to finish the Jetstar this fall according to their website

gajit
April 5th, 2009, 13:48
FALL? - FALL? - what the bleeping hell are they doing with it?! It had better be worth the wait :wiggle:

lawdawg
April 5th, 2009, 13:49
I would wait a bit before buying anything.... (not going to say anything else on this but....)

KC

And this means what?
Why say anything at all unless you have something to say?

BOOM
April 5th, 2009, 14:47

KC

Does this have anything to do with The much anticipated F4U that you've had in the works? Hmmm?:monkies:

GT182
April 5th, 2009, 14:54
Just from info on the real Citation Mustang, no. Short range, low speed and not much room. Cute yes but not worth it They had one here at KILG and everyone was not impressed at all. They couldn't wait to get it out of their hair.

Citation X and Beech Jet... yes. They are 2 good business jets with good range and payload.

But that's all from the real world. ;)

krazycolin
April 5th, 2009, 15:14
And this means what?
Why say anything at all unless you have something to say?

Ever heard of an NDA?

Besides, it's called hinting and I don't see the problem with doing that... If you have a wife, GF, significant other and you've been through Xmas, Valentines Day and any B-days at all, you will know that hinting is the way to go!!!!

KC

ps: no insult intended...

krazycolin
April 5th, 2009, 15:15
Does this have anything to do with The much anticipated F4U that you've had in the works? Hmmm?:monkies:

Hmmm... I'm not sure but I don't think that an F4U-1A/C/D looks anything like a biz jet...

nope.. pretty sure not... :wiggle:

BOOM
April 5th, 2009, 15:39
Depends in what kind of Bizz you're in? haha! Yeah,I'm just curious about the F4U!

krazycolin
April 5th, 2009, 15:54
Whaddya want to know? I can't tell you release dates as it's in the hands of A2A now.... and with that....:focus:

lawdawg
April 5th, 2009, 17:40
No worries Krazycolin..
I do have a wife, and I tell her not to hint, jest say what's on yer mind (personal peeve) Not your problem tho.
Sorry for sounding like a grouch.