PDA

View Full Version : SectionF8 F-86E/F Sabre - New textures for “Father Dan” just for rivet counters!!!

thudpilot
April 5th, 2009, 05:20
SectionF8 F-86E/F Sabre: New textures uploaded for “Father Dan” ... just for :costumes: rivet counters!!! :costumes:

For use only with the original FS9 edition of the ‘SECTIONF8’ North American F-86E/F Saber package (sf86ef.zip).

First, this is not your typical repaint. The primary exterior fuselage textures were completely reworked in that every aspect including front windscreen, sliding canopy, machine gun ports, vertical stabilizer, exhaust section, etc., etc. were revised.

Second, in addition to the revamped primary textures the set features in high detail the correct markings for F-86E-10-NA 51-12738 “Father Dan” as flown by 2/Lt. Sam P. Young, Jr., USAF; 25th Fighter Interceptor Squadron/51st Fighter Interceptor Wing.

Special Note: The Korean War ended on July 27, 1953. During a sweep over the Yalu River on July 22, 1953 Lieutenant Young scored his first and only MiG-15 victory while flying as an element wingman for Major John H. Glenn, Jr., USMC. That victory was also officially credited as being the last MiG-15 kill of the war.

Download: f-86e_father_dan.zip
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13945

Cheers,

Cliff Presley

With special thanks to Jan Visser and Hansi Naegele who combined their talents to bring
the flight sim community a flawless representation of the greatest jet fighter in history.

“Oh I wish I were in Dixie!” :USA-flag:

Quicksand
April 5th, 2009, 09:47
Beautiful job, Cliff.:woot: Thank you again!:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Odie
April 5th, 2009, 11:09
Gotta go with Quicksand on this one....looks good indeed ! Thanks for the new addition to the hangar!

dogknot
April 5th, 2009, 11:10
Nicely done! Thank you! :applause:

Cees Donker
April 5th, 2009, 11:59
Superb work Cliff! Thanks!

:applause::applause::applause:

Cees

Drake
April 5th, 2009, 12:06
She's fantastic Cliff! Thanks!

:ernae:

lilduckfoot2
April 5th, 2009, 12:30
:faint: WOA!

LDF :applause::applause::applause::applause:

jkcook28
April 5th, 2009, 16:44
Fantastic work Cliff, looks even better in the sim, even with that pesky MiG. As thanks for the paint here's a shot of the F-105 heading down Thud Ridge! Paint look familiar? :d

Javis
April 5th, 2009, 23:06
Heya Cliff !

Great to see you're still having fun with our Sabre puppy. Wonderful job ! Keep it up, old friend ! :ernae:

Cheers,
Jan

thudpilot
April 6th, 2009, 05:24
Hi Folks,

I sincerely appreciate your kind remarks. Believe it when I say you help to keep the heart pumping and the paint flowing. Oh and Jan, :wave: better than anyone else you know how deep my fondness for the Sabre goes. If ever bitten by its mystique :pop4: the passion continues to grow with each flight.

Cliff

gribouil
April 6th, 2009, 09:41
Vey nice repaint!
I hope your work will last for a long time! (I sent you a paint request via a PM...)

thudpilot
April 6th, 2009, 10:20
Hi!
After your wonderful "father Dan" repaint, I wonder if you could do this repaint: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled/Canadair%20CL-13A%20Sabre%205/1319843/L/&width=1200&height=812&sok=&sort=&photo_nr=3&prev_id=1400733&next_id=1291707 (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled/Canadair%20CL-13A%20Sabre%205/1319843/L/&width=1200&height=812&sok=&sort=&photo_nr=3&prev_id=1400733&next_id=1291707)
Many thanks again for your repaints! :applause:
Cheers,

Stéph.

Hi Stéph,

That was Wyatt Fuller's personal Canadair Sabre Mk.5. We lived only a few miles apart and I was fortunate to have watched him fly that beauty many times.

Because of his friendship I wanted to do those very textures several months ago while working as a member of the SECTIONF8 design team but for a beginner like myself the current 3D pdf file and fuselage bitmap do not blend very well when mapping that one section of the nose cone so I stopped trying. However, since resigning from the team after the sim model was released I've manage to learn an additional trick or two in dealing with that pesky section on the nose. In short, I might be able to pull it off now and will give it another go if there is enough interest. I can't speak for Jan but he might also help to come up with the correct sheen for the textures but it will be a few days since I'm just about to walk out the door for a short trip to the coast.

Jan, would you be willing too?

All the best to you Stéph, and thanks for the idea! :wave:
Cliff

gribouil
April 6th, 2009, 10:26
many thanks Cliff for your very fast reply!
Take your time and enjoy your holidays... :wavey:

Javis
April 6th, 2009, 22:15
Jan, would you be willing too?

Sure thing, Cliff. Once you're done send me the files and i'll take up the ol' polish cloth. Got litres of Brasso here. :)

Cheers,
Jan

gribouil
May 29th, 2009, 01:54
Hi Cliff!
It's been almost two month since I last heard about your repaint so I wonder if there are some news?
Cheers,

Stéph.