PDA

View Full Version : First Flight in FSX

viking3
April 5th, 2009, 01:05
Well I finally broke down and bought FSX and Acceleration. First impressions are pretty good, but I see I have to go back to tweaking and adjusting to get it to run smooth. I was getting spoiled with FS9 on this rig, everything maxed with the most complex sceneries and aircraft.:rollerskater: Reminds me of 5 years ago when I had to learn to tweak like crazy with my old Dell just to get FS9 running and looking good. Oh well back to the laboratory Igor.:typing:
The first oddity I have noticed is a texture popping issue right at the cockpit area of the aircraft and a weird light effect at the same area. The light appears to be a few feet away from the aircraft. I could not capture a screenie of it happening.:help:
I did capture one decent shot of flight number1 in the appropriately numbered aircraft.

Regards, Rob:ernae:

d0mokun
April 5th, 2009, 01:56
Welcome to a better world!

I think you'll find that despite having to run FSX on lower than max settings, it still offers a lot more compared to FS9 ever could.

Now.. are you into sea planes? ;)

harleyman
April 5th, 2009, 01:56
Viking.. The first thing to check is if you have Vista kill DX10 for testing for now....Also turn off bloom.

Here is a basic set up guide for FSX and Nvidia..

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=3023