PDA

View Full Version : Runway 1 not recommended...

PRB
April 4th, 2009, 17:53
Now that's a huluva place to put a big giant tower! It would be a big durprise at night! (MMTA, Mexico)

thedude247
April 4th, 2009, 18:06
WTF.:kilroy:

Drake
April 4th, 2009, 18:41
I just hope it's well lit at night. LOL!

Drzook
April 4th, 2009, 21:20
And I thought that one place in Hong Kong was a tricky approach.
BTW PRB what are you flying there anyway? Looks nice.

PRB
April 4th, 2009, 21:31
Aeroplane Heaven CAC Boomerang. It's been around for some time, and I suppose she's starting to show signs of age now, but I like this plane!

There are lots of airports in FS land with these sorts of oddities. Some have trees growing out of the runways, some have buildings where this tower is. It's always fun to discover another one!

Willy
April 4th, 2009, 21:31
I missed this evening's flight with the gang down in Mexico. Looks like that would really have been an "interesting" approach in the Boeing Stratoliner.. :d

PRB
April 4th, 2009, 21:34
Actually I set the B-17 down there quite nicely, and Taco did the same with the DC-6. We just landed coming the other way! This was my scouting flight, and it was "interesting" enough that I thought I'd share the pic with the folks "upstairs" here... :d

thedude247
April 6th, 2009, 14:56
Oddities Eh.

You ain't kidding, in Halifax, Nova Scotia, there's a friggin' nuclear tower were there clearly isn't supposed to one at all. Oh, and there's also a draw bridge of some kind in the lower Dartmouth area. WTF:faint:

Ferry_vO
April 6th, 2009, 15:04
Can't remember the place, but somewhere in Central or South America there's a field with a building on the runway..!