PDA

View Full Version : Z-137T for FsX

kyrypust
April 4th, 2009, 12:37
Hi everyone,
Zlin Z-137T for fsX now available at http://speed99.webhosting.klfree.net/class/witex/endownload.html
It's made using FsX SDK and works with acceleration.
Please anyone with SP1 let me know if all parts are visible, I heard about a problem with pilot's head and pedals and would like to have it confirmed.

cheers,
Vitek
http://speed99.webhosting.klfree.net/class/witex/z137t_fsx/2009-4-4_15-59-19-437.jpg
http://speed99.webhosting.klfree.net/class/witex/z137t_fsx/2009-4-4_15-59-56-281.jpg

Odie
April 4th, 2009, 12:44
Thank you, sir ! A most interesting-looking aircraft....downloading now..:typing:

MCDesigns
April 4th, 2009, 13:01
Nice work!!! :ernae::ernae::ernae:

Boomer
April 4th, 2009, 13:05
Very nice!

I must confess I never heard of this plane before.

But I like!:ernae::ernae::ernae:

JT8D-9A
April 4th, 2009, 13:05
Many thanks! I love interesting aircraft like that :applause::applause:

6297J
April 4th, 2009, 13:27
This is really excellent!! DX10 too! :woot:

Roger
April 4th, 2009, 13:41
Wonderful! Many thanks:ernae:

Paularx
April 4th, 2009, 14:02
Very nice - no issues with ruder-pedals or pilot head here:applause:

Railrunner130
April 4th, 2009, 14:02
Nice job!! It looks very well done. Ugly airplane though.

:ernae:

Kiwikat
April 4th, 2009, 14:05
Yay! Native! :kiss:

Hmm I seem to be missing gauges... :\

None of my cessna 208 gauges are showing in it. In fact I don't seem to have 208 gauges in my gauges folder... odd

EDIT: After copying the xml cab to my gauges folder it works fine. :ernae:

Roger
April 4th, 2009, 15:15
Yay! Native! :kiss:

Hmm I seem to be missing gauges... :\

None of my cessna 208 gauges are showing in it. In fact I don't seem to have 208 gauges in my gauges folder... odd

EDIT: After copying the xml cab to my gauges folder it works fine. :ernae:

Just what it said in the readme:173go1:

tigisfat
April 4th, 2009, 15:19
YES!!!

Where's that cropduster thread form recently?

Killbilly
April 4th, 2009, 15:55
YES!!!

Where's that cropduster thread form recently?

It was from me! This is like Christmas in April!! :woot:

Kyrypust, I can't thank you enough!!!!! :ernae::ernae::ernae:

Kiwikat
April 4th, 2009, 16:02
Just what it said in the readme:173go1:

readme...? What's that? :wave:

Killbilly
April 4th, 2009, 16:35
Man, I'm as happy as a pig in . . . well, you know what pigs roll around in. :applause:

hey_moe
April 4th, 2009, 16:44
Yea buddy :woot: nice job and she is fun to fly...tanks, Mike

Killbilly
April 4th, 2009, 17:10
I've already had her in the hangar with the paintbrush putting my own new registration numbers on her. She's ready to work the farms around my home town. Too much fun!

Piglet
April 4th, 2009, 19:00
Nice plane! Well done and great choice.
PS

Man, I'm as happy as a pig in . . . well, you know what pigs roll around in

Easy now....:caked:

scotsman
April 5th, 2009, 01:08
Hi Tim

What's about modelling that peculiar flying object from your avatar:wiggle:
Mike

kyrypust
April 5th, 2009, 02:15
So many kind words, thanks.
Might be interesting for you to know that this plane is actually an AI aircraft for Fs9:)
I thought it didn't look that bad, so I added some details, a vc and learned how to use fsX SDK.

Very nice - no issues with ruder-pedals or pilot head here:applause:
And are you running FsX sp1? I just learned about another headless case under sp1 setup. And it looks like it doesn't have glass with sp1 either.

PS. Piglet's avatar is another Czech made, as zlin is. :wavey:

grunau_baby
April 5th, 2009, 03:09
:applause: Great work!!! Another oddity for my hangar!

Alex

Paularx
April 5th, 2009, 03:13
Woops... Sorry, not SP1, I am running acceleration pack. Must learn to read questions better. Brilliant plane though :ernae:

Paularx
April 5th, 2009, 03:16
PS. Piglet's avatar is another Czech made, as zlin is. :wavey:

Yes, but Piglets' avatar uses something for house dusting, not cropdusting....:kilroy:

jimjones
April 5th, 2009, 04:02
Great plane. Flies nicely. Interesting bump mapping. Excellent textures. Pilot/Stick animations very good. Just plain fun to fly.:applause:

Many thanks!!!

6297J
April 5th, 2009, 04:41
:help:
Um, after an initial test late last night to see if the textures showed up under DX10 I installed again properly this morning and I seem to have deleted my C208B panel folder some time ago. As I understand it I can't extract it from the FSX DVD as you could with FS9. Is there any way someone could send me the gauge file or would that be illegal?

scotsman
April 5th, 2009, 09:41
@kyrypust: your Zlin is a very fine model - thanks a lot for your great work!

(but the winglets of the other Czech made one look even better - from my opinion:whistle:)
Mike

Bjoern
April 5th, 2009, 11:07
Is there any way someone could send me the gauge file or would that be illegal?

Check your PMs.

Also, upon the next fresh install of FSX, I suggest sacrificing some time and two DVD-Rs to make a FSX backup disk. Just zip up all the folders and burn them et voilą, you can easily recover overwritten/deleted default files.

6297J
April 5th, 2009, 11:23
Check your PMs.

Also, upon the next fresh install of FSX, I suggest sacrificing some time and two DVD-Rs to make a FSX backup disk. Just zip up all the folders and burn them et voilą, you can easily recover overwritten/deleted default files.

You are a gentleman Bjoern, thank you :ernae:

I do have a 'complete' backup of FSX on my external hard drive including all the repaints and ski/tundra/payload variants I delete from the version on my PC to try and keep the weight down! Unfortunately I did the back up after I thought I had everything set up perfectly and had either deleted or renamed the panel folders of a lot of the default rubbish so they wouldn't show up amongst my available aircraft. I also thought the gauges for those would be in the main Gauges folder!

Thanks again :)

lucas81
April 5th, 2009, 13:59
Hiya Vitek,

Thanks for a cool plane. Finally something to fly over Tatra's :D

Lucas

ryanbatc
April 5th, 2009, 17:59
Anyone able to fly it at night? I don't see any gauge lights. The interior looks like it's supposed to be lit and it has NAV lights but no gauge lights

6297J
April 6th, 2009, 06:04
Anyone able to open a door?
Any door?
I hear a door/hatch opening somewhere but nothing visual.

I'm trapped with all those pesticide fumes :faint:

d0mokun
April 6th, 2009, 06:06
I found that too. I guess the doors just don't open.

6297J
April 6th, 2009, 06:08
Its ok, I broke a window :isadizzy:

Bjoern
April 6th, 2009, 12:30
You are a gentleman Bjoern, thank you :ernae:
Thanks again :)

"De rien", as a Frenchman would say. :d

kyrypust
April 6th, 2009, 13:24
Its ok, I broke a window :isadizzy:
:applause:
As a former AI aircraft, it doesn't have any animated exits. :redf:

I think that the aircraft is not certified for night flying, it would make sense as its only purpose is cropdusting, firefighting and glider towing.

Vitek

guzzi
April 6th, 2009, 13:58
Great to see you have done the world's greatest towplane!!!. Can tow a fully ballasted open class glider weighing 1800lbs plus at over 1000fpm. You might find the article 'Hugarian tow Pilots interesting:-

http://www.wgc2003.pl/photos/dailynews/zip/Leszno%20Lift%2029-7.pdf

Killbilly
April 6th, 2009, 17:41
Just having a bit of fun with paint (all personal fictional schemes just for variety). I love this plane. :kiss:

6297J
April 7th, 2009, 02:52
:applause:
As a former AI aircraft, it doesn't have any animated exits. :redf:
Vitek

Not to worry Vitek - I'm enjoying it so much I don't even want to find an exit!

mrpinga
April 7th, 2009, 15:59
wow - great model
If anyones interested I've used walter fletcher sound and guages(same engine) - also derated the engine a bit as it has a bit too much grunt - also used walter fletcher specs.

What a great machine - can someone paint it kermit green?

Killbilly
April 7th, 2009, 16:03
With a few modifications, she's an excellent mud dumper.

Killbilly
April 8th, 2009, 17:22
What a great machine - can someone paint it kermit green?

Okay. Here's "Kermit". However, I don't have upload priviledges here. So, I'll try to submit it to another site and tell you where to get it. Or, you could PM me with your e-mail address, and I'll send it off to you as soon as I can. I hope it looks okay. (I put it in New Zealand registry based on your sig.)

Slund
April 10th, 2009, 11:38
Thanks you kindly for sharing this beautiful work. It's exactly what I have been looking for, a nimble, FSX native, fire fighting aircraft :ernae:

829798298082981 :applause:

Slund
April 11th, 2009, 00:07
I couldn't resist adding a touch of paint

Does anyone know if a paintkit is in the works :typing:

BAT21
April 11th, 2009, 23:07
Might be interesting for you to know that this plane is actually an AI aircraft for Fs9:)
I thought it didn't look that bad, so I added some details, a vc and learned how to use fsX SDK.

a funny question :)

is it an hard job ?

cheers Marco

kyrypust
April 12th, 2009, 09:41
a funny question :)

is it an hard job ?

cheers Marco

Once you learn the basics, the modeling and texturing is easy. It's just a huge time consumer. I made that AI zlin in about 80 hours, and it took me about the same time to add details and virtual cockpit (I borrowed pilot from my other project). Then I released it in Fs9 format. The conversion to FsX took me something like 20hrs.
With albatros I am more precise and I work with more polygons and textures, so it results in 500+hrs spent so far.

It's all about time, not money or knowledge