PDA

View Full Version : Angelus the Cat update.

Buddha13
April 3rd, 2009, 09:21
Hi all,
As I posted last week we lost one of our cats to antifreeze poisoning(Poppy) and Angelus was at the vets very seriously ill from it.Well he has perked up a little bit though his kidneys are badly damaged.They may not recover sufficiently for him to survive.We Live in hope.
He has come home now and is being nursed by my wife and I.We are having to inject 50mls of water subcutaniuosly everyday to keep him hydrated as he is not drinking enough.otherwise he would have to remain at the vets where he was very unhappy.That and trying to get him to take his medicine is proving very eventful.
Will post updates as to his condition as it changes.Hopefully for the better

Buddha13

Craig Taylor
April 3rd, 2009, 09:45
Hi Buddha13,

We have a tomcat who is fast approaching 18 yrs, and who has kidneys beginning to fail. We give him subcu fluids twice a week. I never thought I'd be able to do it, but he submits peacefully enough. The vet gave us some nicely sized needles so that the process goes pretty fast. The cat seems to know we're trying to help him. I hope everything goes well with yours.

Best wishes & support,
Craig

sandar
April 3rd, 2009, 10:18
I feel for you Buddha13. I had to treat my old cat for kidney problems (among a host of other things). When you love your pets, you will learn to do anything you can to help them.

I hope the anti-freeze poisoning was accidental, but there are some barstewards who seem to delight in deliberately harm animals. We had a spate a few years ago near to where I live of cats being poisoned with anti-freeze and later a some little sod took to taking potshots at cats with an air rifle. The police did catch the runt, but all he got was a police caution. My neighbour, a very mild natured, quit lady, wanted to insert the rifle where the sun doesn't shine and squeeze the trigger, but the police wouldn't let her. She had one of the shot cats, fortunately it survived, at some considerable cost to her.

Buddha13
April 3rd, 2009, 12:22
Hi all,
Sandar I do not think it was accidental.There have been a spate of such poisonings over the past couple of weeks.
A friend of ours sister who lives in the next village down lost all 6 of her cats with antifreeze poisoning.

Buddha13

tigisfat
April 3rd, 2009, 22:54
I hope he does better. My cat is hanging out quietly next to the computer as I type this. I'd be pretty upset if something happened.

Lionheart
April 4th, 2009, 00:16
I hope the guy that is doing this has his own coming to him..

What goes around shall surely come around..

Bill