PDA

View Full Version : St Malo 57mm Mossie Mission

O-1Driver
April 2nd, 2009, 17:44
Out for testing is a new mission featuring the Mossie MK XVIII with the updated 57mm Molin Gun.

You will be hitting a port facility at St Malo, targets are the port, shipping and a hapless column of Panther tanks on a nearby road.

Takeoff before dawn in the rain in England, weather clears over France. The date is May 1944 so the Luftwaffe is not very active. There is a random chance you will run in to a single BF-109. Moderate flak with the German batteries using red ranging flak bursts.Return and land in the rain back at Friston.

There will be a 2nd companion mission to this one where you wil have to take out the long key bridge at St Malo with tanks again.

I took some flak hits the 2nd time and both engines almost died so I quickly set the autopilot and lo and behold one engine started back up and I limped home to a dead stick landing when I came out of AP.

You are going to love the new 57mm gun on the Mossie.

Regards,

O-1

BeauBrummie
April 3rd, 2009, 00:06
I've just recalled that in a tussle with Ju-88c-6's over Biscay, there was an report (un-confirmed by German sources) of a Tsetse taking an 88 out with the Molins. A while back in the old ETO, I managed to do this and it blew the '88's wing off! I wonder what this modded Molins would do?

Beau

popsaka
April 3rd, 2009, 03:54
At least the same...:d

grizzly50
April 3rd, 2009, 05:08
BeauB,

I can only tell you that both wings and the tail flew off a Bf 109E-4 with a single hit. LOL Similar results against a Bf 110C.:d

BeauBrummie
April 3rd, 2009, 05:09
Griz what a top gun!

popsaka
April 3rd, 2009, 05:49
Only thing is you'd need ta be DEAD in the victim's '6' 'cause ya ain't gonna be usin' no "spray 'n pray" tactics...:p:

(deflection shooting's hard enuf w/ any cannon, and the slower the 'rate of fire' the worse it prolly got!)

I DID find, however, that I wuz startin' ta get pretty good on deflection shootin' wit'
the wonderful little Spit mkIIC...:rolleyes: (w/ 4 H/S 20mm!)

...I just wonder how pilots fared with that rig in real dogfights? Does anyone know?? :fishing:

Henry
April 3rd, 2009, 05:55
Looking good
i love daytime missions as i cannot see squat at night:kilroy:
LOL
Cheers
H

popsaka
April 3rd, 2009, 06:02
Hey, H... -Had the same problem for ages but now w/ a new monitor things are at least a little bit better...

Henry
April 3rd, 2009, 06:07
Hey, H... -Had the same problem for ages but now w/ a new monitor things are at least a little bit better...
but i just got a new monitor :help:
H

O-1Driver
April 3rd, 2009, 06:30
I am finishing up the last of the three misssion pack with the new 57mm gun. This is a night sub hunt. You will fly out over the Channel and continue to near the coast of France where you will encounter U-Boats and a small German Convoy between Gurnsey and France. Wellington Marine aircraft are dropping Sodium (salt water) flares near any German boats they find and you will attack with your 57mm Molin Gun. The new bright orange tracer/basketball is awesome at night.

I am getting reallly good with this gun and use my cannon trigger only and save my .303 for any aircraft.

This three mission pack includes two day missions and one night mission.

O-1

O-1Driver
April 3rd, 2009, 06:31
Looking good
i love daytime missions as i cannot see squat at night:kilroy:
LOL
Cheers
H

Me either Henry, I build these night sorties for the young guys.

Steve

grizzly50
April 3rd, 2009, 06:34
:kilroy:Lookin' very good, Steve. Can't wait.:d:woot:

Henry
April 3rd, 2009, 07:13
Me either Henry, I build these night sorties for the young guys.

Steve
and a great job you do!:ernae:
cheers
H

BeauBrummie
April 3rd, 2009, 07:26
Great Stuff Steve.

Beau

middle
April 3rd, 2009, 13:56
I just posted the mission pack so it should be up in awhile...mid

loverboy1
April 3rd, 2009, 14:45
yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa

let the games begin "

lb/joshua

:friday:

O-1Driver
April 3rd, 2009, 18:53
I just posted the mission pack so it should be up in awhile...mid

Thanks Middle!

Steve

O-1Driver
April 4th, 2009, 06:16
The package is now up in the download section, thanks again Mid,

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13936

O-1

O-1Driver
April 4th, 2009, 06:34
Guys, be careful with this big gun and don't shoot your eye out.:hand:

Also post some mission screenshots when you get a chance,

thanks

O-1

loverboy1
April 4th, 2009, 07:22
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

loaded locked and played these are a real tribute to the plane and the missions .

these you need some tactics and timing and orders ....love it

excellent ...these are getting better and thinking powers needed with some good old

Stradegy

middle
April 4th, 2009, 10:48
Yer welcome...crappy as I've been feeling I do try to help when I can.

hairyspin
April 4th, 2009, 10:57
I DID find, however, that I wuz startin' ta get pretty good on deflection shootin' wit'
the wonderful little Spit mkIIC... (w/ 4 H/S 20mm!)

...I just wonder how pilots fared with that rig in real dogfights? Does anyone know??

The original Spit IIC was great when the cannon worked, but until the bugs were ironed out lots of pilots missed opportunities when the cannon jammed. Johnnie Johnson tells of a squadron he joined swapping their IICs with a training squadron's Spits armed with .303s.

Or did you mean the Tsetse? Sorry.... :redf:

grizzly50
April 6th, 2009, 11:19
To all,

From the ETO 1.20 add-on mission "They Never Knew What Hit Them" (aka "Mossie 57mm Night Channel Patrol") by O-1Driver.

This mission, along with the other two missions in the pack, feature the new 6-pdr (57mm) Molins gun mod.

I encountered two U-boats, three Do 24's, one E-boat, two F-Lighters, and one Cargo ship. 100% scratched!

This mission is too big for just one post!:d

grizzly50
April 6th, 2009, 11:25
To all,

From the ETO 1.20 add-on mission "They Never Knew What Hit Them" (aka "Mossie 57mm Night Channel Patrol") by O-1Driver.

This mission, along with the other two missions in the pack, feature the new 6-pdr (57mm) Molins gun mod.

I encountered two U-boats, three Do 24's, one E-boat, two F-Lighters, and one Cargo ship. 100% scratched!

This mission is too big for just one post!

O-1Driver, this mission, and its siblings, are absolutely awesome!

Your new Molins gun mod is positively N-A-S-T-Y!!!!!

From all of us, thank you, sir! Thank you!!!!!:d

P.S. O-1Driver, while you're at it, any chance of you revamping the guns for the B-25H and Ju88P, too? Please? LOL Wull, ya jus' gotta!

O-1Driver
April 6th, 2009, 12:46
Kasey,

I agree with you on the B-25H and the JU-88P. After flying the new Mossie it is a real downer to go back to the stock anti ship cannon on these two aircraft.

The B-25 has a 75mm gun which hits harder than the Mossie cannon so ,let me see what we can cook up for it.

The JU-88P has a 50mm gun and will be almost the same as the Mossie with its 57mm. we will be releasing a new effects file soon anyway along with the Drem lighting and Lancaster Incendiary. I wonder if Ted would want his "Tank Buster" updated as well.

Steve

grizzly50
April 6th, 2009, 13:13
I wonder if Ted would want his "Tank Buster" updated as well.

Steve

Steve,

Well, let's ask him, then.

Hey, Ted! Would you like Steve to upgrade your tankbusters, too?

Thank you,
Kasey:d:greenf::redfire::woot:

grizzly50
April 6th, 2009, 13:28
:kilroy:Steve, what would it take to give an even greater upgrade to the Ju 88P?

Ju 88P: Anti-Tank and anti-bomber variant with single Bordkanone series single 50mm, single 75mm, or twin 37 mm cannons.

Ju 88P-1: Purely anti-tank variant fitted with a 75 mm PaK 40 cannon.

Just curious. <hint, hint>:d

blacksheep-ghost03
April 7th, 2009, 05:27
to all,

from the eto 1.20 add-on mission "they never knew what hit them" (aka "mossie 57mm night channel patrol") by o-1driver.

This mission, along with the other two missions in the pack, feature the new 6-pdr (57mm) molins gun mod.

I encountered two u-boats, three do 24's, one e-boat, two f-lighters, and one cargo ship. 100% scratched!

This mission is too big for just one post!

O-1driver, this mission, and its siblings, are absolutely awesome!

Your new molins gun mod is positively n-a-s-t-y!!!!!

from all of us, thank you, sir! Thank you!!!!!:d

p.s. O-1driver, while you're at it, any chance of you revamping the guns for the b-25h and ju88p, too? Please? Lol wull, ya jus' gotta!

wow nice firepower!!! Cool pic's grizz!!

scoutII
April 7th, 2009, 05:38
GREAT fun:woot::woot::woot: