PDA

View Full Version : @popsaka

NachtPiloten
April 2nd, 2009, 04:35
Try this for the Hawk. Just get rid of the .txt extension use the .rar. Let me know what you think. I did not fly it so .... no promises need to go to work.

popsaka
April 2nd, 2009, 08:47
:engel016:Wow, Ted... that is NICE.... Just when I wuz startin' ta sink a bit, ya charged me back up!:applause:

I gotta tell ya, that is one NICE flight model... you is real good at this!

She handles like a dream now... throttle up, ...the tail lifts up (just when it should, and ya can help it a little or no--just so) then pull back the stik just a smidge and I'm in the air and a few seconds on, doin' a strong 144(mph)!

Now she's stable, no more trimming just to survive(!)

...so I bled off a little speed and brought her around to the airstrip... flaps--gear I touched down just a bit too hard at 78mph... let go of the stick... one little bounce and she "three points" at 61mph... PERFECT!! (see the screenies)
thanx, mate ...it stuff like this that makes it all worth while!!:trophy::trophy::trophy:

(and this was the only test flight... just as it happened!)

Led Zeppelin
April 2nd, 2009, 10:46
cockpit of this Curtiss is beautifull.

NachtPiloten
April 3rd, 2009, 03:34
I'll check her out later to see the speed at altitude is correct, climb and such. Glad it is what you like. The original file just needed a few tweeks. It was made with an old version of the spreadsheet which always causes an issue or two.

popsaka
April 3rd, 2009, 03:52
Yea!!, Ted... you done FIXED it, my friend!:medals::icon29::medals:
just some semi-related stuff... I wuz readin' some 'a Corky Meyers' stuff (Grumman test pilot)... and he mentions the Warhawk (P-40N) as having better "power acceleration" than a Hellcat! :eek:(along w/ a nasty low speed stall)

(from Flight Journal April 2009)

NachtPiloten
April 3rd, 2009, 06:28
test flight data or pilot's opinions. This source you mention, are there more or other details?

popsaka
April 3rd, 2009, 08:49
I believe its still on the newstands... He talks about working w/ the Bearcat, Hellcat, Warhawk and the Jaguar...
...and one begins to see why he became a safety guru for test pilots! Close calls and narrow escapes, anyone?:d