PDA

View Full Version : thanks but no thanks

bwchaney
April 1st, 2009, 16:02
I have pleaded twice for help on downloading and installling eto 1.2 Grizzly 50 was the only one who tried to help. thanks a lot everyone else! after 6 reinstalls, 12 downloads and numerous bouts of cursing it seems to work. I thought this was a good help forum, but i guess not. One final question what happeneed to the airfield and pilot that used to be onthe screen when the game started. now all i get as ike yakking and a pep talk. is this the the way it is supposed to be. Again thanks to grizzly50.

popsaka
April 1st, 2009, 16:46
Sorry, laddie...
Never saw yer post or yer question(s) ...tell ya one thing, tho'... sumpin's still 'amiss' iffin ya ain't got yer cut scene(s)

Do you know how to find and delete your 'uisel.xml' file in your Win applications folder??
...Also, be sure you are showing an airfield in 'Quick Combat'....:typing:

mongoose
April 1st, 2009, 18:08
Not every individual's problems are immediately or ever solvable. So much depends on one's PC set up and whatever else one has on it. Without actually being on your PC it is often not clear what the problem is. I wouldn't dis one of the best site for help just because you were unlucky this time.

DonSPa
April 1st, 2009, 19:30
yes sometimes it takes time to find out a solution plus with real life going on not everyone gets on here all the time and sometimes questions get missed,this is one of the best helps sites that u will find, just try and be patient and someone will help

Pat Pattle
April 1st, 2009, 21:37
Hi bwchaney, looking at your previous posts you have asked a whole string of questions which all seem to have been answered by someone!

We're all guys just like you with a myriad of other things going on in our lives that take prescedent over chatting on forums so sometimes answers can be thin on the ground.

This is THE best forum I've seen for help, friendship and good manners btw!

Your lack of pilot animation - have you run the cfs3 config in your main ETO folder? There's a switch in that to turn the UI animation on or off.

Pat :)

ronnybengt
April 1st, 2009, 22:41
cheer up ol m8......i bet ya next question will have 1000 replys:welcome:
glad ya gat the baby workin..cuz shees a treat....
R

jaycee
April 2nd, 2009, 00:02
Hi B. I have been logging on to this site for many many years,and i have had many problems with CFS3, and asked for help many times, i dont think you would be able to find such freindly and helpful people on any other forum,sometimes my cry for help has been answered right away,and other times it takes a bit longer, as has been said above if someone can help i am sure they will.

OldCrow
April 2nd, 2009, 01:01
This is THE most helpful forum I've ever been a part of...period.

JayKae
April 2nd, 2009, 12:33
Never saw your posts mate in regards to the downloading I could have helped you

Squiffy
April 2nd, 2009, 15:41
bw, welcome to the world of modding sims. Yes it is extreemly frustrating :karate: but you're getting the hang of it. Even with our stickies and search features it can be a daunting task. So blow off some steam curse your computer into the stone age or out the window, which ever suites you at the time. Just stick with it and come back to it when you cool off. I have learned a ton about sims here but it doesn't come easy. The rewards are worth it.

:rapture:

popsaka
April 2nd, 2009, 18:51
:amen: ta that, Squiff...

OldCrow
April 2nd, 2009, 23:24
I gave up on ETO after 3 failed attempts to get it working. :banghead:

loverboy1
April 3rd, 2009, 02:43
understand this game and its ongoing sddons , and its making history in the eras of flight and effects etc.....takes time , and like many we ask . at times its quick amd sometimes we wait in line cause thats how it is . and worth the wait .

i encourage you to be patience at times because the results will blow you away .

i started here and well now ive learnt alot and sill am ....

the team and its creators ....are fantastic and are well deserved of many kuttos .....

so bare with it and youll be like me hooked, and happy .

fly high

loverboy1/joshua :applause:

popsaka
April 3rd, 2009, 03:22
As the song goes... "But he never returned, no he never returned..." :wiggle::wavey::rapture:

...OOOOO, do we try.....:mix-smi: (:p:)

WV-903
April 3rd, 2009, 05:17
:welcome:

Hi Bwchaney,
Sorry to hear it didn't feel such a good situation for you in getting ETO Down Loaded. The actual Download is long and installation quite an affair too, especially with Cumulative Up-date 1.20 now to go in as well.

But- As all other Guys here are saying, It is well worth it, I've just re-installed My ETO 3 days ago and promptly Hosted an on-Line Game, it all worked brilliantly. And Like you, Grizzly was there to check it out. he gave the thumbs up, and I considered myself lucky that Grizz. moniters all these situations, he is a star.

But not everyone can do that,or be around to read Posts at the right time. So take a little and give a little, my experiences of SOH and CFS3 are that they are magnificent. Guys will come out of the woodwork to help if you ask,--- no question about that,---- it's just that their timing does not fit in with yours, Thats all.

I have made some world Class friends in here. it's a great community, so don't miss out on everything by being dismissive too quickly. Lot of older, ( And may I say --Wiser ) folk are in here and don't rush around into anything too fast,:d ----they think before committing themselves to anything. This works well with our medium and younger age groups too. You are actually looking at quite a happy family, please stay here, you'll be glad you did. :wave:

All the best to you,

Bill T.

ps:- Try some of the On-Line CFS3 Games too, if you want some serious competition, we have real top-Grade flyers in here. And it's a great helpful community in it's own right.

:friday::tgun2: :ichile::spider:

popsaka
April 3rd, 2009, 05:36
Hey Bill, luv yer avatar! Is that Snoopy (or perhaps one 'a his many offspring?):focus:

Lightman
April 3rd, 2009, 10:50
I gave up on ETO after 3 failed attempts to get it working. :banghead:

"DON'T GIVE UP" I also had 3 failed attempts, Using the OZ link, Must have been due to heavy traffic at the time But after talking to GRIZZLY he suggested i try JAYKAE'S direct link that he had posted , and it worked
Here it is , give it a try
http://aussiex.org/SOH/CFS3%20ETO%20Expansion/CFS3_ETO_Expansion_Cumulative_Update_1.20.zip

"NOTE" One thing you probably should do before you try another install is
do a search on your computer and delete any files that pertain to the
CFS 3 ETO EXPANSION CUMULATIVE UPDATE 1.20 , By doing this it should give you a clean install of the new update.

Hope this helps in some way

DAN ( aka Lightman ) :ernae:

bwchaney
April 4th, 2009, 02:36
Isn't that funny; gosd gets 6 responses to his plea for help and i got none until i complained on the forum. Just doesn't seem quite right. I guess I'll just watch the forum and hope my questions get answered by someone elses post getting answered by you guys. bwchaney

Lightman
April 4th, 2009, 07:06
Isn't that funny; gosd gets 6 responses to his plea for help and i got none until i complained on the forum. Just doesn't seem quite right. I guess I'll just watch the forum and hope my questions get answered by someone elses post getting answered by you guys. bwchaney

Did you get your UI animations back on in your game ?

If not go into the main game folder for the CFS3 ETO EXPANSION
Find the CFS3 config icon, Open it and see if there is a check mark in that window
if so uncheck it , click ok, click file, then exit.
Then go back in and double check just to be sure it is still unchecked

Just in case you have never done this before, When you open up the
CFS3 config ,
click FILE
'' custom settings
" ok on the pop up window
" window
" overrides

HOPE this helps

DAN (aka Lightman) :ernae:

ronnybengt
April 4th, 2009, 10:06
..we are at ya disposal...glad u have such a positive attitude...we all appreciate it

R

oki
April 4th, 2009, 10:44
I don't understand this thread.......

bwchaney says he managed to get it going, congratulations..... :applause:

so we have another forum member who can share his experience with those who are still struggling....or what?

Wyld45
April 4th, 2009, 11:22
If there is any doubt at all,just compare the feed-back here to AHII's
Forum and threads there. This is a great site Gents and pretty responsive.

<S> to all of you that are keeping this at a higher level! :woot:

Wyld45

DonSPa
April 4th, 2009, 15:59
i dont either oki,ive missed something somewhere cause i have no idea what questions he is trying to get answered

ronnybengt
April 5th, 2009, 03:11
...hmm i think i love icecream....:focus:

R

sixstrings
April 5th, 2009, 03:24
I want cookeeees ands milks!

popsaka
April 5th, 2009, 04:10
Let see now, ...5:08 in the A M... mebbee a tall cool one?....:p:

bwchaney
April 5th, 2009, 11:07
Everything is okay now, thanks guys. maybe i won't have to ruffle feathers next time. bwchaney

Lightman
April 5th, 2009, 12:07
Everything is okay now, thanks guys. maybe i won't have to ruffle feathers next time. bwchaney

Glad to hear everything is OK :ernae:

WV-903
April 5th, 2009, 15:26
Great stuff Bwchaney. ! :welcome:

And Popsaka,

My Avatar is a snoopy Dog taken out from UK by his pilot owner who flew in Oman Air force in 1980's. This dog was amazing, it had it's own agenda and roamed all over the Airfield ( Thumrait ) using Our Transport as it needed. Buses-Land-Rovers and even Omani Police vehicles would collect dog, which would stand by side of road waiting patently for a lift, which it always got.

You know, I can't remember the actual name of this Dog now, but it was Known by all and Sundry as " Snoopy" at Thumrait.--LOL :d

This picture was set-up by the Station Photographer and owner one afternoon and Snoop is sitting in the C/pit of a Hunter Mk.9. out on he Flight Line. The owner and dog left Oman in 1986-ish and both went back to UK.

The dog will have passed away by now, but it impressed all who knew it, including me. ( Fitter working on these planes and Jags at that time for Airworks ). These Hunters were all scrapped in 1993 and I left there in 1995.

Knew you guys would appreciate this, more than most, so great to post it. I will be posting more pics. of that time on my CP from time to time so pop in and have a look. :woot::friday:

Bill T.

popsaka
April 5th, 2009, 15:50
Never has so much been owed ta so many by so few... or is it ...Never has so many owed so much ta so little...:isadizzy:

ah nuts it still sounds a bit off... (:p:)