PDA

View Full Version : craig's list

cheezyflier
April 1st, 2009, 06:34
do any of you look through there at all?
i go through it pretty regularly in search of deals, but they are rarer than you might think. it is full of ads from people who want to charge you too much for used stuff.

last night i emailed a guy about a ch yoke and pedals he claims is barely used. he wants $200. i sent him a link to an amazon page showing the availability of both peices brand new for less than he was asking. he encouraged me to use amazon. i will

a guy selling a 2000 yamaha v-star 650 with bags and a windshield, 15,000 miles on it. he is asking $4500.
i owned one. i paid $6,000 for it brand spankin' new in 2000. wth?

i see people trying to sell 10 yr old les pauls for $2500
made in mexico strats for $600-$800 what?
squier strats for $300? 5 yr old epiphone les pauls for $600? weren't those guitars about $300 new?
i swear i saw a guy selling a hondo identical to one i paid $120 for in 1983, he wanted $350 and was calling it "vintage"
they have the nerve to get upset when i call them on it.

Kiwikat
April 1st, 2009, 07:57
I got 900 bucks for my old trumpet on craig's list. :kiss:

There ARE some good deals to be had. Just gotta be careful and watch out for scams.

Dangerousdave26
April 1st, 2009, 08:45
Two guys came down here (South Florida) from Tennesse to purchase a Harley they saw on Craigs list. The people picked them up at the airport took them to their trailer then robbed them at gun point ($9,000 cash). Threw them in a truck or SUV and dropped them off in a remote location. They were lucky to be alive in the end. The police arrested 2 of the individuals and recovered 2,500 in cash. I don't know if they ever got the other two.

Lionheart
April 1st, 2009, 11:07
I found this baby in Craigs list.. Now its located in the front drive. :d

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/Infiniti_003-1000x759.jpg

Some incredible deals in there.

Yes, be careful. Dont send people to your home address. Meet them at a parking lot in a very public area. Do not take any chances. I met this person in front of a car wash. We talked for a while, I took it for a test drive. I also did a title check later to make sure it was actually his car and not stolen.