PDA

View Full Version : Viet Nam Era Cluster Bomb

dvslats
April 1st, 2009, 04:26
This is the main reason the VC were forced to make their underground tunnel systems. :eek:

erufle
April 2nd, 2009, 15:34
Imagine that thing coming at you outta the sky! Better yet I'd stuff it with T.P. and let all the boys make a deposit - then drop it.

dvslats
April 3rd, 2009, 02:49
Yea erufle, by looking at the pic you can't tell. That might have already been incorporated into the device.

When I first saw this my first reaction was how did this get the Ok to be strapped to a government owned military aircraft. Maybe the guy in the big chair on the bridge didn't see it from up there. :whistle: Or it's possible that it could be part of I love the smell of Tiddy Bowl in the morning. :d

TARPSBird
April 3rd, 2009, 08:00
Most of the funny stuff in the Navy happens without anybody giving their permission. :d The "toilet bomb" was no exception. The squadron maintenance guys and flight deck handlers tried to keep the toilet from being seen by the Air Boss as the Spad taxied up to the cat. The Spad launched as scheduled and somebody in North Vietnam got a nice piece of indoor plumbing - if it survived the drop.

Ghostrider
April 3rd, 2009, 08:33
They shoulda put it on the port wing - nobody on the bridge would have ever seen it!