PDA

View Full Version : Simware B-1B lancer WIP preview

tigisfat
March 31st, 2009, 22:05
APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!

man, I wish. Simware sounds like a real company, right?

:Banane43::bananajump::Banane27::Banane57:

d0mokun
March 31st, 2009, 22:11
Had me worried for a moment there..

tigisfat
March 31st, 2009, 22:13
Dan....why would that have you worried? No, seriously.

Akatsuki
April 1st, 2009, 07:11
APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!

man, I wish. Simware sounds like a real company, right?

:Banane43::bananajump::Banane27::Banane57:

It is a real company... I bought most if not all my simming hardware from them, i live at 30 minutes from their shop. :jump:
http://www.simw.com/

tigisfat
April 1st, 2009, 10:20
oh, my apologies to simware for using their name for a practical joke.:gossip:

krazycolin
April 1st, 2009, 14:45
Well, actually, now might be a good time to show these.... They are, after all, WIPs...

We are now in the process of reducing it down from the super high end model it is to something that will go into FSX.

It should be noted that it is a WIP. However, any comments or crits are welcome.

We are also looking for a developer who would be interested in publishing this model for us. (gauges, XML, manual, etc...)

KC.

MCDesigns
April 1st, 2009, 15:05
Dang, nice work KC!! :ernae:

MenendezDiego
April 1st, 2009, 15:18
Oh god, please hurry!!!
I want that B-1 so bad

Speaking of American Bombers, whats up with the Captain Sim B-52?

Roger
April 1st, 2009, 15:21
Ha ha,
Be careful what you wish for:engel016:

B1 looks fantastic btw.:applause:

AckAck
April 1st, 2009, 17:54
Not pics of I3D's updated B-1, right? :d

Brian

Kiwikat
April 1st, 2009, 18:01
I hope whoever DOES do it makes the VC higher resolution than the Vulcan is. :wavey:

Not sure who was responsible for that though...

tigisfat
April 1st, 2009, 22:33
This guy, who has his name on the side of a B-1B, and was in one two hours ago, can vouch for how good krazy colin's B-1 model really is. I had thought of purchasing it and outsourcing the work once upon a time before I lost more than one business...

tigisfat
April 1st, 2009, 22:35
Not pics of I3D's updated B-1, right? :d

Brian

I remember that awesome aircraft!! It was almost like it was unfinished, and during the time it was relevant I didn't have the capability to fix the FDe and other problems. Man, was ti detailed for the time though. If they updated it I'd love them.

krazycolin
April 2nd, 2009, 04:45
I hope whoever DOES do it makes the VC higher resolution than the Vulcan is. :wavey:

We made the Vulcan model, are very proud of it and if you continue with this attitude, you will not be allowed to buy the B-1B.

Oh, and you can see very high rez renders of these pics at our site http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=381

KC

Kiwikat
April 2nd, 2009, 05:13
The model is fine, but some of the textures are pretty low resolution. Whenever there's text in a VC it should be crisp and easily readable.:173go1:

MenendezDiego
April 2nd, 2009, 06:32
I completely agree about the Vulcan

Modeling is amazing, but the textures were too bland for my taste, thus I did not purchase

Milviz, you guys do an amazing job!

tigisfat
April 2nd, 2009, 22:56

Are we talking about the IRIS Vulcan?

MenendezDiego
April 2nd, 2009, 23:51
Yes indeed

tigisfat
April 3rd, 2009, 00:27
aren't most IRIS products' VCs lo-res? a made a mini-review about how bland the F-14 textures were and I got slammed.

Quixoticish
April 3rd, 2009, 00:30
If you want to offer genuine constructive criticism then head over the IRIS forums where it will be gracefully received. Otherwise lets not turn this into another lets bash <insert developer name here> thread.

:focus:

tigisfat
April 3rd, 2009, 00:36
If you want to offer genuine constructive criticism then head over the IRIS forums where it will be gracefully received. Otherwise lets not turn this into another lets bash <INSERT here name developer>thread.

:focus:

Thanks for telling me where I can go, but your advice doesn't apply to me because I wasn't out to offer any constructive criticism. You're right, let's not turn this into a bash thread. We were having a conversation when you came in.

krazycolin
April 3rd, 2009, 02:54
Anyway!!!!!!

Bone
April 3rd, 2009, 05:04
It's a good thing they don't serve whiskey at this place.

kilo delta
April 3rd, 2009, 05:18
We are now in the process of reducing it down from the super high end model it is to something that will go into FSX.

KC.

Out of curiosity.........just how much does the model need to be dumbed down in order to be incorporated into FSX, KC? Does the fsx sdk not allow unlimited polygons....or would the full high rez model be likely to bring FSX to it's knees. :)

PS..... I'm loving the E-2 http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=382 . Hopefully we see this bird in FSX soon. :)

warchild
April 3rd, 2009, 05:19
:focus: The B-1's looking good Collin.. Best of luck with it :D

krazycolin
April 3rd, 2009, 06:12
Out of curiosity.........just how much does the model need to be dumbed down in order to be incorporated into FSX, KC? Does the fsx sdk not allow unlimited polygons....or would the full high rez model be likely to bring FSX to it's knees. :)

PS..... I'm loving the E-2 http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=382 . Hopefully we see this bird in FSX soon. :)

It's not actually the polygon count that's the problem: it's the fact that you can't have more than 65K of UV vertices applied to the same material. As each material adds draw calls, this, very quickly indeed, can result in a model that will run like frozen molasses on just about any computer.

As well, somehow or other, the gear ended up being frozen after a two iteration of Turbosmooth was applied. (modelers will know what I mean by this). In layman's terms, it means the gear train is OMG in terms of polys. This whole area will have to be rebuilt.

She needs about 3 to 4 weeks of solid work to be ready for some lucky dev/publisher... we're working on it...

Yeah, the Hummer looks good... we like it too...

Thanks Pam!

KC

kilo delta
April 3rd, 2009, 06:16
Thanks for answering my questions, Pam
Let's hope that a dev can get them into production asap :ernae:

krazycolin
April 3rd, 2009, 06:31
Thanks for answering my questions, Pam
Let's hope that a dev can get them into production asap :ernae:

Er, Pam is Warchild! hehehe...

kilo delta
April 3rd, 2009, 06:43
OOOps......sorry Colin....painkillers + internet forums + name recognition = :faint::kilroy:

:costumes:

tigisfat
April 3rd, 2009, 08:48
:focus: The B-1's looking good Collin.. Best of luck with it :D

Maybe you guys should do one!! It was Alphasim's best selling aircraft.

d0mokun
April 3rd, 2009, 13:17
Was being the key word.

warchild
April 3rd, 2009, 17:58
Maybe you guys should do one!! It was Alphasim's best selling aircraft.

Nahhh.. We believe in competition on the rugby field, not here.. Iris will not step on toes or duplicate someone elses hard work if they can avoid it.. And besides, we have this entire year filled with projects to work on once david and karen get married at the end of the month.. I think right now many of us are simply looking at the release of the vulcan with a little disbelief that it's actually finally out the door, and taking a breather from the insanity that we can generate amongst ourselves in terms of hours worked and the level of detail.. At one point, someone dinged david for a poly that was out of place "under" the pilots seat.. Took me forver to get the nose to drop at near mach 1 on it..
Nahhh, the Bone is a beautiful plane, and mill viz does great stuff :D.. wouldnt even wanna go there by making a seperate version..

tigisfat
April 3rd, 2009, 22:21
Nahhh.. We believe in competition on the rugby field, not here.. Iris will not step on toes or duplicate someone elses hard work if they can avoid it.. And besides, we have this entire year filled with projects to work on once david and karen get married at the end of the month.. I think right now many of us are simply looking at the release of the vulcan with a little disbelief that it's actually finally out the door, and taking a breather from the insanity that we can generate amongst ourselves in terms of hours worked and the level of detail.. At one point, someone dinged david for a poly that was out of place "under" the pilots seat.. Took me forver to get the nose to drop at near mach 1 on it..
Nahhh, the Bone is a beautiful plane, and mill viz does great stuff :D.. wouldnt even wanna go there by making a seperate version..

I don't get it. Alphasim's B-1 is OLD and noone else has one planned. You wouldn't step on toes.

tigisfat
April 3rd, 2009, 22:24
Was being the key word.

It's still up in the store as the bestseller. Which aircraft took it's place?

warchild
April 4th, 2009, 01:33
wellllllll, maybe i'm confused but isnt millviz working on one at the moment??
Haveing discussed some possible full products with them in the past i guess i naturally assumed that they are intending on releasing their b-1b as a full fsx compatible product..
eh, besides, i'm just a number cruncher and associated with iris only through my development of their flight models for the last year. I really have no credibility when it comes to recommending aircraft projects. I just make things fly..

krazycolin
April 4th, 2009, 04:21
We're working on the model of the B-1B.

But, and this is news, the decision has been made to not compete with the developers who either are, or who could be our clients. In other words, we are not going to be "releasing" any of our products. We are a supplier of models rather than a developer or a publisher.

Please check this out: http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=383

KC

tigisfat
April 4th, 2009, 06:57
We're working on the model of the B-1B.

But, and this is news, the decision has been made to not compete with the developers who either are, or who could be our clients. In other words, we are not going to be "releasing" any of our products. We are a supplier of models rather than a developer or a publisher.

Please check this out: http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=383

KC

Here ya go, warchild. I've got nine years of experience on the weapons system. I'd help.

warchild
April 4th, 2009, 16:37
Hoo boy.. I was sitting down when i read those last two replies and i still had to grab the armrests for balance.. So many questions.. Where to come up with the money for the model? where to find a gauge master, how the hell would we market it?
It's true, i have an interest in the B1 since at least one B1 in the usaf is flown by a woman, but oh man..
Tig, I'd love working with you, we butt heads just enough to keep each other on course, without getting hostile ( a rare commodity these days no??) but we need a modeller, a gauge master, a painter, and testers, not to mention someone who knows marketing ( afraid i fail big time at that ).
If anyone thinks we can do this, count me in.. Colin knows my work as do many of you from the f-14, p-40 ( which i'm revising a few settings on ) and the vulcan as well as you who know me over on OzX. We just need more than a model, an fde weapons and a little luck..

MenendezDiego
April 4th, 2009, 17:22
I'd be interested in testing :)

I'm currently testing the Aerosoft Catalina

tigisfat
April 4th, 2009, 17:37
It's true, i have an interest in the B1 since at least one B1 in the usaf is flown by a woman, but oh man..

The deadliest bomb squadron on the planet, the 9th bomb squadron (B-1Bs), is commanded by none other than Lt Col Jen Fullmer. There are quite a few female aircrew members here in addition to her.

MenendezDiego
April 4th, 2009, 18:06
I was at the local shooting range.

Guy asked if I was military (my M4 is fitted the same way the Marines have it, Trijicon TA31RCOM4 and everything)

I said no, are you?

Well wouldn't you know, he was an Ex B-1B pilot. Flew out of Dobbins and Robins AFB

krazycolin
April 4th, 2009, 20:32
Marketing is the easy part. Seriously... if you make a B-1B and make it right, they WILL come. In droves. Who hasn't dreamed of flying that big sucker of a plane at mach .95, 50 feet off the ground?

Perhaps a group of devs? I dunno... but I can tell you this... if it was done right... whooooooo boy... that would be some plane.

Here's what I would suggest: All those with some serious gauge and XML experience who are willing to throw down some serious work for a piece of the Bone (rather than the pie!).... contact me via PM or via email through the Milviz site and we will see what we can do about this.

KC

tigisfat
April 4th, 2009, 22:44
I agree, marketing is the easiest. When I was a teenager I was one of the best selling car salesmen in northern california, and sinec then all my business ventured have one way or another seen me end up being the marketing guy.

centuryseries
April 5th, 2009, 03:29
The deadliest bomb squadron on the planet

More deadly than a lone B-2 Spirit loaded with JDAMs? :kilroy:

I'd like to see a new B-1B. I'd have a go at building one if I had an abundance of time :faint:

Marketing is the easiest thing going - we're marketing right now talking about it!! The internet is the biggest way to get the message across. Take a look at FS youtube videos - see how many hits they have had, look at this thread! Its simples. They call it viral advertising I think, it just spreads itself. You just need a good bunch of screenshots, a video or two and you get your customers!!

tigisfat
April 5th, 2009, 09:47
More deadly than a lone B-2 Spirit loaded with JDAMs? :kilroy:

Heck yes a B-1B is more deadly. We can carry a wider range of weapons and employ them in a greater capacity than the B-2. The B-2's gimmick is it's stealth capability, which is already compromised by several types of modern radar.

tigisfat
April 5th, 2009, 09:51
I would love to see an awesome B-2 though.

michael davies
April 5th, 2009, 10:03
Feel pretty much the same, but heres a thing, aint no one with an ounce of common sense going to pick up the B-1 mantle when Milviz have a almost complete mesh needing conversion, nothing against Milviz but its there, in the flesh and to be honest if the climate changed and people got behind it, then it'd be done this year, and quite well too.

Now, who in their right mind is going to sit down and go against that, knowing that they may well end up being usurped near the finish line ?. Now the Milviz B-1 may never take off, but its a risk few are going to take these days.

I know my Essex carriers have the same effect, over the months people have mailed me and said they have given theirs up, mines too good and too advanced to compete with and thats the sad and unfortunate effect of this so called marketing, you end up stiffeling competition.

Back in the early days this was actually quite a common thing to do with a few payware developers, they'd preview a lot of models, stiffel competition and then slow track then to the shelf, secure in the knowledge that they had 'baggsied' that subject.

It'll be a brave payware man that takes on the B-1 with the Milviz previews, or...a dedicated and bona fida nutter to which competition means not one jot :).

I'd also considered a F-14, A-7 or F-111 + a few others, but most are all taken elsewhere, Like IRIS I refuse, as far as possible to duplicate work, theres so much else to choose and if none of that takes your fancy then theres much more in life than just FS :).

Back to the B-1, that sexy smooth swept look is going to be a killer of a mesh to get right, add into that some other complex animations....well there are easy subject matters to pick :), and Dano hit the nail on the head, as did another recent post.......the market for military aircraft is most certainly diminishing.

Kindest

Michael

I'd like to see a new B-1B. I'd have a go at building one if I had an abundance of time :faint:

michael davies
April 5th, 2009, 10:05
See, now your talking, much easier subject matter, much easier all around, shape, VC, MFDs and FDE all vastly easier that the B-1, just a darn sight harder to get ref material LOL.

Kindest

Michael

I would love to see an awesome B-2 though.

krazycolin
April 5th, 2009, 10:11
The thing that's trying to be said here is that we are offering to put the B-1B (and the B-2) onto the market place so that some dev/gauge guru/xml person can get these planes into the air.

And we have full on refs of the B-2 as can be seen on our website. I will post some pics of the pit of the B-2 if anyone is interested in seeing it...

KC

warchild
April 7th, 2009, 17:44
The thing that's trying to be said here is that we are offering to put the B-1B (and the B-2) onto the market place so that some dev/gauge guru/xml person can get these planes into the air.

And we have full on refs of the B-2 as can be seen on our website. I will post some pics of the pit of the B-2 if anyone is interested in seeing it...

KC

Werll, bottom line here colin is that the specs you use to create the visual moderl and the specs i need to verufy performance and behaviour are in actuallity two seperate sets of specs. The sim world has advanced beyond simply making a plane and making it go up down sideways and around in circles and even freeware customers demand exactitude in bahaviour these days.. However, that said, if i could put this jolly band together somehow and make the B1-b a viable project i would in a heartbeat. And yeah, I'd ask for a wpoman in the pilots seat ( bout time women got credit too ) ..

Regarding the SU-37. It's designation was changed to the SU-35 and it has entered production. I'm currently working on a dedicated version of the su-33/35 for the VUSN's use w/permission from the creator, and am running into problems with it. You see, the SU-35 uses a technology called dynamic instability which is commonly found in weather and meteorology aaand not in aircraft. needless to say it pushes FSX to it's absolute limits and beyond, and well, in truth, it's fried more than a few of my brain cells as well, BUT, i WILL make this thing fly right. The only other problem i see with the SU-35 is world opinion of russian aircraft. Kinda sad really, because if the SU-35 wants to own an airspace, it's best to not argue with it. It's perhaps the best piloted military aircraft in existance today, and the only aircraft that truly frees up the human pilot to fly like a real bird.
Pam

warchild
April 7th, 2009, 17:49
See, now your talking, much easier subject matter, much easier all around, shape, VC, MFDs and FDE all vastly easier that the B-1, just a darn sight harder to get ref material LOL.

Kindest

Michael

Michael:
For me, the FDE is no easier nor harder than any other aircraft. In truth, the FDE for a B-2 may be impossible because so much of it's flight characteristics are beyond classified. I can get pretty close using the math generated by it's shape weight size etc, but theres no way i can make it real.. :(

warchild
April 7th, 2009, 17:54
The deadliest bomb squadron on the planet, the 9th bomb squadron (B-1Bs), is commanded by none other than Lt Col Jen Fullmer. There are quite a few female aircrew members here in addition to her.

Any possibility of getting a photo of her plane? Numbers and all?? would be awesome to do a livery for it..

krazycolin
April 7th, 2009, 17:55
I have the flight specs from the manual. and not the Natops B-1A manual either!

Anyway, i am not surprised but we didn't get a single response. Not one. How very sad...

warchild
April 7th, 2009, 18:09
I have the flight specs from the manual. and not the Natops B-1A manual either!

Anyway, i am not surprised but we didn't get a single response. Not one. How very sad...

eh.. if i could afford it, i'd buy it and drive the project myself, but, 400 dollars out the door this wekend just on mobo's put me back a ways with an already limited income. Tigisfat already said he's interested in the weapons systems, and Manuel stated an interest in testing.
Problem number 2. Lets face it, I'm not exactly a household name. No one hardly knows me, my skills or the quaity of my work, and therefore unlike some others, they may not be quite as interested in it with me driving as they would be if say Milton Shupe and Rick piper were driving..
In time, i'm sure I'll at least get known, even if i can never fill either of those two gentlemens shoes..

Major_Spittle
April 7th, 2009, 21:03
looks sweet.

tigisfat
April 7th, 2009, 22:39
Any possibility of getting a photo of her plane? Numbers and all?? would be awesome to do a livery for it..

...Pilots don't have airplanes, crew chiefs have airplanes. There is a jet that says 9BS/CC on the tail, but she really bears no association with it and doesn't fly it with any more than any other. The aircraft aren't even gained by specific flying squadrons any more, the sortie funding is funneled through the maintenance group where the aircraft are assigned. She's a very outgoing and stand-up woman; her and I go way back through many deployments since the beginning of these wars. If you make a decent B-1 project fly, I'll get you anything you want from her within reason, like photos, coins and other stuff. Commanders are obligated to do those kinds of things these days.

That being said, if something like this were to happen I can get detailed pics of most of the B-1 fleet with about a day's notice. I cannot and will not supply pictures of sensitive or controlled items, such as defensive components though.

tigisfat
April 7th, 2009, 22:54
Michael:
For me, the FDE is no easier nor harder than any other aircraft. In truth, the FDE for a B-2 may be impossible because so much of it's flight characteristics are beyond classified. I can get pretty close using the math generated by it's shape weight size etc, but theres no way i can make it real.. :(

Nah, B-2s are pretty mundane. Their flight envelope is not classified at all. They fly pretty much like any airbus does, with the same speed ranges. They're also not known for their handling.

warchild
April 8th, 2009, 00:01
...Pilots don't have airplanes, crew chiefs have airplanes. There is a jet that says 9BS/CC on the tail, but she really bears no association with it and doesn't fly it with any more than any other. The aircraft aren't even gained by specific flying squadrons any more, the sortie funding is funneled through the maintenance group where the aircraft are assigned. She's a very outgoing and stand-up woman; her and I go way back through many deployments since the beginning of these wars. If you make a decent B-1 project fly, I'll get you anything you want from her within reason, like photos, coins and other stuff. Commanders are obligated to do those kinds of things these days.

That being said, if something like this were to happen I can get detailed pics of most of the B-1 fleet with about a day's notice. I cannot and will not supply pictures of sensitive or controlled items, such as defensive components though.

Those GI's out there ( her included ) have already given us more than we ever have the right to ask.. i guess i'm kinda weird that way huh?? Please tell her i just said thank you..
As for the pics, anything you can offer is greatly appreciated, along with colins data we should be able to construct the most realistic B-1 that is possible. I dont need nor want anything to do with anything that is not de-classified. As civvies, we dont need that anyway. However, that will also include some of the aspects of the planes flight envelope, which i WILL, uncover through the mathematics of the plane, and I would greatly appreciate it if as i discover those, someone was to let me know so i could dummy them down. I've been doing that with an F-111 Iris has in the pipeline along with the aid of a pig driver from Oz who's been gracious enough to aid us..
Colin?? Has a price been set yet on this??
Email me at urushira@nerdshack.com as the JFTC site is down for another two months now.. If we can negotiate something then perhaps ( just perhaps ) we can make something special..

Pam

PS, also. Please everyoneif you would accept my apologies as I incorrectly called menendezDiego Manuel. I am very sorry for that mix up..