PDA

View Full Version : FSX F-14 project by Dino Cattaneo-Just around the corner

papab
March 31st, 2009, 06:20
Take a look at this folks.......And it's FREEWARE!!!!!!!

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

Odie
March 31st, 2009, 06:26
I gotta say, after looking at the screenies.....:woot:...followed quickly by a :faint:.....and another :woot:

Good stuff !

VFR Reviews
March 31st, 2009, 06:35
That looks beautiful!

I think VFR Reviews is going to do that :D

When we start getting more traffic, freeware reviews is going to become a priority.

GT182
March 31st, 2009, 06:39
One word... Awesome. :applause: Can't wait to see it released. Here kitty kitty.

Mr.Mugel
March 31st, 2009, 07:09
Another one I´m looking way forward too! Looks great!

stiz
March 31st, 2009, 07:13
*waits for the inevitable onslought of videos with that rudy song as a soundtrack*

:help:

PutPut
March 31st, 2009, 08:11
I'm not much of a jet guy, but it is by Dino, so I will be close to the front of the line!

Paul

Navy Chief
March 31st, 2009, 08:35
Outstanding, Dino! I bet Steve Hinson would be excited about this too, God rest his soul....

NC

tigisfat
March 31st, 2009, 09:41
Wow, and to think it's freeware. This guys is a hero of MSFSing.

wildcat400
April 1st, 2009, 22:26
Screen shots looks yummy! :ernae:

JensOle
April 1st, 2009, 23:30
Dino is making the F-14D "Super Tomcat" , it will be a nice addition to supplement the IRIS F-14A/A+/B Tomcats.

MenendezDiego
April 2nd, 2009, 01:10
The model doesn't look right to me...it's too stuby

SolarEagle
April 2nd, 2009, 01:14
Seems to have nice textures. Textures seem to make or break model for me in most cases. Looks quite natural.

Dino Cattaneo
April 2nd, 2009, 10:57
Guys, thanks for your appreciation.
I hope I will find the time to complete it soon.

@DiegoMenendez I've slightly reworked the Tomcat nose in the past few days as I thoght it was a little stubby indeed. After blueprints comparison, it turned out that it was slightly too short and high. Now it is better, IMHO - definitely is more accurate. Will post some shots in my blog in a day or two.

papab
April 2nd, 2009, 11:06
Dino,
You are a true artist and I know I speak for a lot of folks when I say:

"Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the time and effort you put towards your models! They are true works of art!"

And a thanks goes out to all of the developers that help make this an exciting hobby.

michael davies
April 2nd, 2009, 11:08
Thats where the 'art' in artist comes in, I've quite frequently 'bent' the shape to give it the 'feel', sometimes something built exactly to measurments just looks wrong. Compromise artistry for numbers and y'all just become robots.

Looking good none the less !.

Kindest

Michael

Guys, thanks for your appreciation.
I hope I will find the time to complete it soon.

@DiegoMenendez I've slightly reworked the Tomcat nose in the past few days as I thoght it was a little stubby indeed. After blueprints comparison, it turned out that it was slightly too short and high. Now it is better, IMHO - definitely is more accurate. Will post some shots in my blog in a day or two.

MenendezDiego
April 2nd, 2009, 11:36
exactly what I thought, too short and high

Good on you for fixing it, and for making such a cool product!!!

Will the final cruise VF-31 Tomcatters scheme be present?

Regards, Diego

Moses03
April 2nd, 2009, 11:45
Welcome to SOH Dino. :ernae:

Moses

MCDesigns
April 2nd, 2009, 12:09
Hi Dino, thanks for your amazing gifts to the community, much appreciated!! :ernae::ernae:

BananaBob
April 2nd, 2009, 13:21
Thanks Dino for the great work you've provided for this community and the fact that you do it for the love of it is very welcome and can be seen in the quality. Thanks brother. :faint: :ernae:

doublecool
April 2nd, 2009, 13:29
Thanks Dino for the great work you've provided for this community and the fact that you do it for the love of it is very welcome and can be seen in the quality. Thanks brother. :faint: :ernae:

:amen: too that

Railrunner130
April 2nd, 2009, 13:31
I second (or third) that!!

:ernae:

Dino Cattaneo
April 2nd, 2009, 15:55
Folks, thanks a lot for your support and appreciation.
I will do my best on the Tomcat - it has always been my favourite fighter. I'm finishing the details of the canopy right now - the side consoles still blank but it is the only thing missing (from the visual standpoint).

The project started as a "Tomcat Farewell" package so Last Flight and Last Cruise schemes were planned - but had no time to do them so far, and the repainters have bailed-out or are "missing in action"... we'll see.

BTW my apologies if I will not post very often - I simply have not much time... and if you have constructive comments please contact me by email or post a comment on my blog.

EgoR64
April 2nd, 2009, 16:08
:friday:

I'm gonna Fipple all that was said !! Phew, I love doing a Fipple !!

Looking forward to your Tomcat !!

Many Cheers !!

:ernae::ernae::ernae: