PDA

View Full Version : Not Loading

airtj
March 30th, 2009, 21:36
For some strange reason FSX won't load. Tired deleteing the fsx.cfg and the logbook.bin file but that doesn't seem to help. Tired the tool over at flight one to fix the registry but that doesn't help either. I've only added two different planes, took them out of the folder and that doesn't help either. Done a fresh reload a couple of weeks ago. Any tips would be appericated.

sandar
March 30th, 2009, 23:57
I have a regularly recurring, similar problem with FS9 and have developed a way of getting the sim running. Not sure if it will work with FSX though, might be worth a try. I have absolutely no idea why the problem occurs, or why the 'cure' works.

I remove the Terrain.dll out of the FS9 folder and put it onto my desktop, then start the sim. I get a message telling me the terrain.dll is missing but the sim will load, click OK. If you have the opening splashscreen minimised, you can drag and drop the terrain.dll back into the main folder, if not, just continue with loading the sim. When the sim is loaded, create a new default flight (different 'plane and different airport) and delete the old default flight ( If I try to use the old default flight again as default, the problem recurs). Now shut down the sim and restart it, don't forget to replace the Terrain.dll if you haven't done so already.

Sound wierd, no idea why or how it works, but it does 99 time out of a hundred. It may or may not work with FSX, Good luck though.

harleyman
March 31st, 2009, 00:58
You can try to rerun the disks and do a repair.I believe that option is avaible in FSX.

airtj
March 31st, 2009, 10:02
Tried the repair for FSX and that didn't help. Completely removed FSX with all the aircraft add-on's. Did a drive defrag before installing FSX. Just wondering if FS9 could be a conflict since their both on the same drive? Thanks for all the tips.

airtj
March 31st, 2009, 15:06
After doing a system restore and then trying to remove the game using the add and remove program, it gave me an error. Had to do some searching and came across this tool put out by Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080, it resets the license for FSX. After a while and looking around on the web they said to delete the logbook file. Didn't think about the logbook file in My Documents, well that was the file that cause FSX not to load. What a bunch of wasted time to figure that out. :banghead: