PDA

View Full Version : A rather neat little screenshot utility...

VFR Reviews
March 30th, 2009, 07:49
Our newest staffer, Richard Buettner, has reviewed the freeware Screenshot Studio Express. It's rather a neat first review, and a neat product to boot :)

Check it out here (http://www.vfrreviews.com/index.php?topic=152.msg926#new)

Kevin

VFR Reviews (http://www.vfrreviews.com)

djscoo
March 30th, 2009, 08:03
I use the "v" key... Works fine.

Navy Chief
March 30th, 2009, 08:08
Thanks for the tip. I am going to check this out!

NC

datter
March 30th, 2009, 10:15
I've always used Fraps for images and video, but that looks good too.

Henry
March 30th, 2009, 10:52
thanks i will try it
H

n4gix
March 30th, 2009, 13:34
I installed the freeware utility Grabber2k about ten years ago. It remains the most flexible, yet simple to use screen capture program I've examined...

...and I've looked at most of 'em that've been released; well over one hundred so far.

It will capture an unlimited number of images, and save in any one of ten different formats, from .bmp, .jpg, .png, etc. It will capture a single screen, multiple monitors, or any selected portion of a screen, with or without cursor...

With a memory 'footprint' of less than 2k, I let it load when the computer boots, so it's always available when needed...

...since I have it assigned to the "Print Screen" key, it's totally automatic and unobtrusive. :typing:

VFR Reviews
March 31st, 2009, 06:48
Thanks for the input, guys :ernae:

Francois
March 31st, 2009, 07:04
I've been using HyperSnap for ages.... a bit 'heavy' for the occasional shooting, but invaluable if you do a lot of graphics work connected to the shooting.

GT182
March 31st, 2009, 07:16
I've been using HyperSnap for ages.... a bit 'heavy' for the occasional shooting, but invaluable if you do a lot of graphics work connected to the shooting.

Same here Francois. But I still use FSScreensaver to capture and HyperSnap to convert. I've got an older version but it's a great tool to work with changing photo sizes and cropping. And it saves in jpeg format.