PDA

View Full Version : 'Lava'

Panther_99FS
March 28th, 2009, 09:02
http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photos/patterns-lava.html

Wing_Z
March 28th, 2009, 10:42
Well that series takes care of the desktop for the foreseeable future - thanks!
Water patterns work really well with multiple monitors

EasyEd
March 28th, 2009, 11:20
Hey All,

Take note. Below every picture that you like is a line that credits the photographer. If you like the picture google his/her name and then look at more of their work. Almost all of the National Geo photographers have websites of their own. My own favorite of the National Geo photographers is Frans Lanting - great work.

-Ed-

GT182
March 28th, 2009, 11:25
Thanks for the link Panther. I'm thinking BBQ... the world's largest continuously active free outdoor BBQ. ;)

PeteHam
March 28th, 2009, 19:55
Thanks for the link Panther :jump:

Some years ago my wife and I stood at the lookout overlooking the lava flow from Kilauea ( Hawaii ) where it flowed into the ocean.

It was an amazing sight to see about a 5 acre area oozing it's way down to the sea. To feel the warmth and see the lava opening up in the cracks especially as it got more towards nightfall.

A sight to remember.

Pete.

kilo delta
March 29th, 2009, 04:39
Thanks for the link Panther. I'm thinking BBQ... the world's largest continuously active free outdoor BBQ. ;)

I was in Lanzarote a few years ago. The whole island is made up of volcanic rock......spectacular sight.....almost like the moons surface. The missus and I went to a restaurant in Timanfaya where the meal was cooked entirely by the heat on a volcanic fissure.

jUYj_48c7bk

The restaurant is the glass building shown at the end of this video.

GT182
March 29th, 2009, 04:45
That was cool KD. I figured that somewhere someone would cook like that.