PDA

View Full Version : downloads

Delta366
March 27th, 2009, 12:58
Hi everyone. i just downloaded an aircraft for my CFS3 and I went into the game but I could not find the plane. I was wondering how I get the file into the game. please help.:help:

popsaka
March 27th, 2009, 13:05
Which plane? and are you uptodate @ version 3.1?

Delta366
March 27th, 2009, 13:17
I havent updated to ver. 3.1 and the aircraft I downloaded was a C-130 spectre.

grizzly50
March 27th, 2009, 14:01
:kilroy:Delta366, I highly recommending both updates, 3.1 and 3.1a.

When downloading aircraft, they always come in an archive (compressed) file, such as *.zip, *.rar, etc.

You need to extract all of the files and folders contained in these archive (compressed) files.

There is usually a readme file with instructions on what to do. It is possible, depending upon the specific download, that other items need be downloaded, as well, in order for the aircraft or other item to work properly.

A specific download may have separate folders in it, other than the aircraft itself, such as weapons, pylons, guns, etc. In this case, simply place the aircraft folder (the one with name of the plane on it) into the main game folder of CFS3. The contents of the weapons folder would go into the weapons folder in the CFS3 main game folder, the contents of the pylons folder would go into the pylons folder of the CFS3 main game folder, etc.

I hope this helps.:d

cristiano103
March 28th, 2009, 00:47
IIRC updates 3.1 or 3.1a was made just to have 4 engined a/c appear correctly in the simm

Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying.
Cris "Astore"

DonSPa
March 30th, 2009, 11:46
another thing to look for is whatever the plane is that u cannot find,open up its folder and open the xdp with note pad

you will see something like this

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<UnitData>
<General Allegience="0" LongName="3GR Bf 109G- 6" ShortName="3gr_Bf_109g_6" ModelName="3gr_bf_109G_6.m3d

the short name is what will be listed in game. There have been many many times that i couldnt find a certain aircraft because the folder name would be different than what is listed under short name.This used to drive me nuts because id install a plane just to not find it.So i have gone thru all my planes and changed the short name to a name to where i can find planes alot easier.Im not sure if changing the short name affects online play or not but i dont play online so itt doesnt affect my game play at all.Just a system that makes it easier for me