PDA

View Full Version : Some F-4 Phantom repaints

Shylock
March 25th, 2009, 21:57
After contacting texture guru Bruce Fitzgerald about doing a project for us he came through. First off what a top notch guy he his. Even offered payment for his work, he refused saying hes all about the freeware.

What we asked for was the plane the United States Navy's Blue Angels flew from 1969-1974. And man did he do a awesome job. You will need the payware Iris Phantom II - FG1 RN (royal Navy) they may work on the RAF models but will not look correct.

You can get the textures from our downloads section for a few weeks only, then they will be posted up by Bruce on the sites where you can find his downloads. The textures are at the bottom of the page found here http://www.fsxblueangels.com/downloads.html

Once again a world of thanks goes out to Bruce for his great work and professionalism. As you can see from the pics below our guys couldn't wait to do a little formation flying in their new skins.

Navy Chief
March 26th, 2009, 10:32
Shylock,

I downloaded the textures, but have not installed yet. Just a trivial question, but are the BUNOs on the repaints? Just wondered, because if so....153839 should be one of them!!!

Thanks. NC

Shylock
March 26th, 2009, 14:44
No they are not. We left off those and pilots names.

Railrunner130
March 26th, 2009, 15:03
That must've been one hell of a sight! You can have your little lawn darts, the Phantom had serious attitude.

Shylock
March 26th, 2009, 15:27
Lol lawn darts . I loved the Phantoms. I am to young to have seen them fly in person with the Blues, but when I was a little Shylock, the first time I had ever laid eyes on the Blue Angels was on a video tape of them at the video store with them flying the F-4. Soon after I got a model of them. It came as the four diamond planes and displayed them as so. So I figured give Bruce a email seeing there were no F-4's out there in the blue paint.

EgoR64
March 26th, 2009, 15:31
:friday:

Love it !!

Great Shots and superb Job by Bruce !!

Fun stuff !!

:ernae::ernae::ernae: