PDA

View Full Version : ETO installation Question

rwmarth
March 25th, 2009, 18:39
Well after a few hours working with this (in part because Vista 64 has a seperate program file folder for 32bit program) I think I got it going somewhat.... I can launch campaigns in Era 1 for the Phoney War and BOF. What confuses me now is when I switch eras. For example when I switch to Era 3, I still the same campaigns that were in Era 1. Is this correct? For the record, the campaigns in all the eras are the same: Phoney, BOF, La Fortressa Europe, 1943, 1944, and 1945. When I change eras, there are different splash screens but am just unsure if the eras were properly installed since all campaigns show up regardless of the era selected. Is this correct?

But from what I can tell, the work done on ETO is phenomenol. Thanks guys!

grizzly50
March 25th, 2009, 19:22
Well after a few hours working with this (in part because Vista 64 has a seperate program file folder for 32bit program) I think I got it going somewhat.... I can launch campaigns in Era 1 for the Phoney War and BOF. What confuses me now is when I switch eras. For example when I switch to Era 3, I still the same campaigns that were in Era 1. Is this correct? For the record, the campaigns in all the eras are the same: Phoney, BOF, La Fortressa Europe, 1943, 1944, and 1945. When I change eras, there are different splash screens but am just unsure if the eras were properly installed since all campaigns show up regardless of the era selected. Is this correct?

But from what I can tell, the work done on ETO is phenomenol. Thanks guys!

:kilroy:Rwmarth, all of the campaigns will be seen in all of the Eras. You have done nothing wrong.

Remember this:
1. Attack in the West and and Phoney War are for Era 1 only.
2. 1943 is for Era 3.
3. 1944 is for Era 4.
4. 1945 is for Era 5.

Currently, there are no campaigns for Era 2.

Each campaign should be played only in the Era in which it is intended.

The Spawn Selector is geared for these campaings in this manner:

1. Stock Spawn Mode is mainly for Quick Combat in that Era.
2. Random Spawn Disable is for mission play, any Era.
3 & 4. Allied and Axis Side ETO Campaigns are used in Eras 3, 4, & 5 when playing ETO campaigns in those Eras.
5 & 6. Allied and Axis Side Attack in the West Campaign are for use when playing the Attack in the West Campaign in Era 1.
7 & 8. Allied and Axis Phoney War Campaign are for use when playing the Phoney War Campaign in Era 1.

Note regarding Allied and Axis Sides: Allied is used when playing as an Allied pilot and Axis is used when playing as an Axis pilot.

If the Spawn Selector is not set properly, the campaign being played may crash when something that is called for is not present.

I hope this helps.:d

rwmarth
March 25th, 2009, 20:28
Thanks for the clarification! Im making some progress... The few missions I've tried successfully are making any frustration more than worth it. Again, fantastic job! But it does crash on certain missions and I get a lot of file not found errors when running the spawn, so it looks like another install for me.... Or is there something other than a corrupt/bad install that could be causing this and that I can try?

rwmarth
March 26th, 2009, 10:37
Reinstalled and the errors in game remain and get messages saying file not found when using the spawn selector. If youre using Vista 64bit, is there another step to take not outlined in the readme? Or perhaps Im not understanding the spawn selector and how to use it???

grizzly50
March 26th, 2009, 10:42
Thanks for the clarification! Im making some progress... The few missions I've tried successfully are making any frustration more than worth it. Again, fantastic job! But it does crash on certain missions and I get a lot of file not found errors when running the spawn, so it looks like another install for me.... Or is there something other than a corrupt/bad install that could be causing this and that I can try?

:kilroy:Rwmarth, what missions are you trying to use? If you are using any missions other than the ones that were included ETO, there may be a chance that something else needs to be installed. If you have downloaded any extra missions, please check the readme files that came with them to determine that extra items are required. Good luck.:d

rwmarth
March 26th, 2009, 12:10
Just the missions that came with ETO. When I open spawn selector, what is supposed to happen when I enter in the corresponding number for my desired selection? All I get are a slew of fast displaying messages and then the window closes almost immediately.

grizzly50
March 26th, 2009, 12:31
Just the missions that came with ETO. When I open spawn selector, what is supposed to happen when I enter in the corresponding number for my desired selection? All I get are a slew of fast displaying messages and then the window closes almost immediately.

:kilroy:Rwmarth, that's what you're supposed to see. It's switching names. That's what it does. Each separate spawn file has a certain name. When the Spawn Selector is used, the spawns for the particular setting are selected. I hope this helps.:d

rwmarth
March 26th, 2009, 12:43
Ok, I will see how it all goes. Thanks a lot for the help! Very much appreciated