PDA

View Full Version : Needs some help with mission add ons

freddienet
March 25th, 2009, 12:52
I would like to extract the ETO mission add ons. I don't know where to put what.
Thanks,
Freddie

rbp71854
March 25th, 2009, 13:56
Freddie

What are you trying to do when you say you want to extract the eto missions? The eto missions will only work in an eto install unless you make major modifications to them.

If you are talking about installing 3rd party add ons downloaded from a website, usually the creator has witten a readme that says where the different files should be placed. If you can be a little more specific on which mission we should be able to help further,

freddienet
March 25th, 2009, 14:09
It says they are specifically made for ETO.
I appreciate your help.
Freddie

grizzly50
March 25th, 2009, 14:14
I would like to extract the ETO mission add ons. I don't know where to put what.
Thanks,
Freddie

:kilroy:Freddienet, can you be a little more specific about "extract"?

ETO Installation Rule #1: Always get into the habit of setting ETO to Era 1, and the Spawn Selector to 1, Stock Spawn Mode before adding anything extra.

While ETO is set for Era 1, there will be five missions folders in your ETO main game folder: missions, bob_missions, 1943_missions, 1944_missions, and 1945_missions.

Also note, that while in Era 2, you will have a 1936_missions folder and all the rest, except there will be no bob_missions folder. This is because the Era Swapper merely switched the names on those two missions folders. It does the same thing with the five uires folders, the five qclocations.xml's, the five splash24b.bmp's, and the five each of the global_layer.csv's and gsl.lib's found in the global_layer folder. This is why ETO should be set to Era 1 before installation of anything.

I digress. Now back to your question, as I understand it at the moment. Inside each of the five missions folders are three other folders: historical, training, and whatif.

Official ETO missions are built to be Era-specific. That is, a good many things change between Eras, especially things of a global_layer nature. Read any and all readmes that come with any new ETO missions to determine where they belong. After that, it probably makes little difference whether they are placed in historical, training, or whatif.

Non-ETO missions may or may not work in ETO. It seems that most will, especially if some modification is done to them, ie aircraft, vehicles, airfields, etc. The best guess is to open them with notepad and look for a date, then place them in the corresponding Era. This is what I do.

This is what the five Eraa are:

Era 1 = 1936
Era 2 = bob
Era 3 = 1943
Era 4 = 1944
Era 5 = 1945

I hope this helps.:d

grizzly50
March 25th, 2009, 14:24
It says they are specifically made for ETO.
I appreciate your help.
Freddie

:kilroy:Freddienet, those missions are are in two groups in the zip file. One is named "ETO 1944 MP Missions", and the other ETO BOB Missions.

With ETO set to Era 1, place the contents of the ETO BOB Missions folder into the bob_missions folder, in either the historical, training, or whatif folder.

Also while in Era 1, simply place the contents of the ETO 1944 MP missions into the 1944_missions folder, in either the historical, training, or whatif folder found there.

Good luck and have fun!:d