PDA

View Full Version : Hooray! my first Liberian Scam Email!

djscoo
March 25th, 2009, 10:11
Dearest ,

It is my pleasure to write you trusting God that this well timed

contact will bring us into one family. I am Miss Sarah Joseph l the

daughter of late Mr. Joseph Paul from Liberia , presently residing

in Abidjan the capital city of Cote d'Ivoire . My father was a

Cocoa merchant in Bourke northern part of Cote D'Ivoire before his

untimely death last year, after his business trip overseas, to

negotiate on a cocoa business. He was poisoned by his business

associates. My mother died when I was still a baby.

Before the death of my father he informed me that he deposited the

sum of Three Million, Eight Hundred United State Dollars (US$3.8

Million) in a prime bank here in Abidjan . He also explained to me

that it was because of this wealth that made his business

associates to poison him. My father asked me to seek for a reliable

foreign business partner outside the country where I will transfer

this money and invest it wisely and also see that I complete my

education.

I am soliciting for your kind assistance as my foreign guardian in

transferring this fund from the bank here and have it transfer into

your bank account for investment. And you help me to come to your

country immediately to continue my education as my late father

advised me.

I will be willing to compensation you for your efforts in helping

me out of this situation. And you will take me as a member of your

family as I am only 22years old. I wait for youri quick response.
Yours.

Miss Sarah Joseph

I feel like I've finally made it in the world now that I've received this...I wonder where they got my email though. hmmm.

kilo delta
March 25th, 2009, 10:56
I got the exact same mail last week....i've since replied with my bank account details,social security number, credit card details and have asked Sarah to send me some pictures of herself (nude,of course). Depending on the outcome of these I've asked my wife to bunk up with the kids as Sarah Joseph may require her side of the maritial bed.

:friday:

:costumes:

Quicksand
March 25th, 2009, 11:57
:costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes:

GT182
March 25th, 2009, 12:18
Welcome to the world of Phishing Scams DJ. :costumes:

Anything that looks like what you received, I don't even bother to open. I just mark them as a Phishing Scam and they go away to that unknown swimmin hole on the internet.

Sites you have given your email to to register, and other sites, sells emails to these types. The almighty dollar rules.

Henry
March 25th, 2009, 13:18
Sites you have given your email to to register, and other sites, sell emails to these types. The almighty dollar rules.
yup we do that here
ive only got to send 3 more addys
and i get her big sister for a whole month
and big bertha is cute
ive seen pictures
:focus:
thats one of the reasons i do not like seeing email addys posted here
bots are here
and they see and record
H

Prowler1111
March 25th, 2009, 13:34
There is a new one, i deleted it but itīs quite clever:
You get a picture of an absolutely AWESOME woman (who also happens to come in MS publisher)saying that she is an art student on a country with a civil war going on, all her family has been killed and she is in the verge of being murdered.So she asks you to please, help her get out of the country, as she is also, the sole person that knows how to get a fortune out of a bank in the caribean(or something)so you send her some money and she will travel where youīre and then both (you and her) go and fetch the fortune...OK, so far so good, but this scam is so poorly managed that i got 3 emails, saying the very same, only that this one is a black chick, a latina chick..and the other is an Asian chick...:173go1:

Best regards
Prowler

Lionheart
March 25th, 2009, 15:58
All of my emails are usually of millionaires that are trying to get money out of a country, or that a relative worth 10 million died and left his estate to me.. In another country, as always...

'Send 10,000.00 today and we can open an account and begin sending you all the money...'

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :d

My brothers ex boss did this. It ended up being Iranians and he lost several thousand on that..

Bill

Toastmaker
March 25th, 2009, 16:16
Wow, what luck ! You'll be a rich man soon. . . soon.

GT182
March 25th, 2009, 16:19
Henry, I know SOH doesn't sell our email addys. But some of the unscrupulous sites will. And I don't mean any of the sites associated with FS simulations that we frequent. ;)

AckAck
March 25th, 2009, 16:50
There is a new one, i deleted it but itīs quite clever:
You get a picture of an absolutely AWESOME woman <snip> and then both (you and her) go and fetch the fortune...OK, so far so good, but this scam is so poorly managed that i got 3 emails, saying the very same, only that this one is a black chick, a latina chick..and the other is an Asian chick...

Best regards
Prowler

So, since you can choose - which did you respond to? :d

Brian</snip>

kilo delta
March 26th, 2009, 02:29
So, since you can choose - which did you respond to? :d

Brian

Well, if he's a red blooded male it will have been all three..........at the same time...........mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

:monkies:

:friday:

:birthday:

:costumes:

FengZ
March 26th, 2009, 03:54
There's this great radio show called This American Life (thislife.org), and in one of the episodes, it followed a few people
who conned the con-men. It is soooo good and satifiying to listen to. You guys will get a kick out of it:

click on the orange "full episode" icon on the left. It's free...don't worry.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?sched=1260

-feng

Henry
March 26th, 2009, 06:04
Henry, I know SOH doesn't sell our email addys. But some of the unscrupulous sites will. And I don't mean any of the sites associated with FS simulations that we frequent. ;)
a while ago a friend of mine was getting paid for submitting email addys, she wanted me to join her club
it was not a scam she was actually getting paid
I told her no way and if she included my addy
i would fire her, she worked for me at the time
people will find all ways of advertising and scamming
H

djscoo
March 26th, 2009, 09:29
There's this great radio show called This American Life (thislife.org), and in one of the episodes, it followed a few people
who conned the con-men. It is soooo good and satifiying to listen to. You guys will get a kick out of it:

click on the orange "full episode" icon on the left. It's free...don't worry.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?sched=1260

-feng
This is hilarious! I've heard of this before but these guys are great! Good link.
:applause::costumes:
EDIT: here's the link to the scam baiters site: http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm
Too funny.