PDA

View Full Version : ETO era swapper question/issue

Bacon
March 25th, 2009, 07:44
Hey Ya'll, Installation was easy and it looks great too. Kudos to all involved! I can only use the first/default era though. When I use the era swapper, after typing in the number for the desired era & hitting enter , I can see 'access denied' flash in the window for about a nanosecond. Loads the first era no matter which era you input. Tried deleting & reinstalling a couple times, but no joy. It's a default installation too. Vista doesn't like batch files? lol! Any insights or suggestions out there? Kev

Henry
March 25th, 2009, 08:07
I am using Vista and no problems
sorry i do not have any positive help
hope you can get it working
H

cristiano103
March 25th, 2009, 08:34
Hi Bacon

I am not sure (someone other has better knowledges than me) but You must install the expansion as an administrator, If You say that You read an "access denied" message I think that the problem is that You have not the necessary right to run the batch file.

Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying.
Cristiano "Astore"

rbp71854
March 25th, 2009, 08:44
Here are my settings for Vista.

cfs3.exe or vistacfs3.exe properties:

"run as administrator"
"compatability mode - windows XP (service pack 2)"
User Account Control(UAC):
Turn off for CFS3 ETO Expansion play (make sure to turn back on when on the internet.)

Bacon
March 25th, 2009, 10:04
Thanks Guys, I'll give it a shot. Hadn't thought of that even though I had tried setting the batch files to run as XP sp2. Kev

wsmwsm
March 25th, 2009, 10:14
It's the UAC. Turn that off and you can switch.

Bacon
March 26th, 2009, 07:48
Turned off the UAC and I'm good to go! Thanks Guys, I'm buyin' the the beer next time you're in Vegas! :ernae:

Kev