PDA

View Full Version : FSX AI traffic

Jetmechanic
March 25th, 2009, 06:29
I am thinking about getting AirTraffic X. Is this product worth buy or is there another AI traffic product that is better? Thanks for any help

harleyman
March 25th, 2009, 09:31
MyTrafficX is very popular but its not DX10 capiable....So say that up close the models are not that great...but I uses it and liked it..Easy on the frames...

Jetmechanic
March 25th, 2009, 10:08
Can you put any 3rd party plane for Formation flying? also what kind of Military plane does it come with for AI? I cant find anything on the website about it. Thanks for any help

harleyman
March 25th, 2009, 10:20
It can be Downloaded here....http://secure.simmarket.com/b.-renk-mytraffic-x-v5.2.phtml

A good review is here...http://www.fsforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29

Not sure about adding formation flying..the website of Aerosoft will know for MyTrafficX

IanP
March 25th, 2009, 11:28
MyTrafficX is, fortunately, not the only package out there that can produce AI in the sim.

Many of the aircraft in MyTraffic X are still FS9 models, so don't work properly in FSX, particularly not in DX10 mode, although the developer is working to change this and regularly releases updates - it's a very well supported product.

JustFlight's Traffic X is the only one I know right now that is 100% FSX native format.

Also, you can always convert free FS9 AI packs into FSX format for the most accurate, but most damaging to frame rate, AI experience.

I can't find a package called "Air Traffic X", though?

None of them will allow you to use AI specifically for formation flying, that's not how the FS AI engine works, but there are other tools to do that, although I don't use any of them. Others around here will probably be able to advise a lot more on that.

Personally, although I have MyTraffic X, I wasn't overly impressed by it and uninstalled it a long time ago. I used freeware FS9 models converted for a while but am now flying with the default AI until I decide whether or not to risk TrafficX instead.

harleyman
March 25th, 2009, 11:35
Actually their new update does support DX10...Thoe its not 100% now it will be

High level Support for the DX10 Preview introduced with FSX SP2 and Acceleration Pack - MyTraffic X 5.1b comes with two sets of schedules, switching between these is a simple mouse click in the MyTraffic Communicator. The Direct X 9 schedules use all aircraft models and paints, while the Direct X 10 schedules are restricted to the FSX SP2 compatible types only. Since these count all Western airliners and all larger Western commuters now, you will meet a larger variety of DX10 compatible airliners in MyTraffic X 5.2 world wide as you ever saw in any other legacy AI package, or has been promised by anybody else. DX10 support for military aircraft and historic schedules is not yet included, but some derivatives of airliners like the KC135 or the E3 are DX10 code already now.

guzler
March 25th, 2009, 13:17
Go free ware with WOAI and stand alone packs, harder on frame rates, but far better detail if you like getting up close...

Dimus
March 25th, 2009, 13:18
I have tried MyTraffic X and was not very impressed. The models did not look good, especially the military jets. It also used a lot of my hard drive and was a probably the major reason for the huge fragmentation after the install. I did like the fact that the flights were more or less real and based on RL schedules, however, being a GA flier this is not really important to me.

I now have installed Traffic X. I can say that performancewise Traffic X is much better, probably due to the FSX native models. I now run with 66% traffic with little effect. The models look great, although I feel that my area, is a bit neglected compared to the rest of Europe. Also the schedules are not real, but as I said, for me this is not an issue.

IanP
March 25th, 2009, 13:27
The MyTraffic X DX10 schedules work by disabling the majority of the aircraft, Harleyman. However, the aircraft that are disabled are the less common ones - the majority of traffic is airliners and the majority of those have been converted to FSX format. The military traffic is still FS9, as are most of the turboprops. The DX10 schedules just don't use them.

It still delivers more AI than any other package than I know of, a far wider range of aircraft and airlines than any other commercial package and is very well supported by its developer. However it doesn't use realistic flightplans (nor, I understand, does Traffic X) and I wasn't at all fond of most of the models - hence the uninstall.

I'm certainly not knocking it, I'm just saying that it's not for everyone, so thankfully there are other options for those who want realistic plans or more detailed models.

I'm stepping back out of this thread now. :wavey:

harleyman
March 25th, 2009, 13:54
Thanks for the info there IanP...

its much appreciated ...:applause: