PDA

View Full Version : new monitor

BigDog
October 12th, 2008, 07:36
I want to get a new monitor for my rig, I want want a wide screen and want it as big as I can get it, but some of the computer monitors cost a lot of cash and I can get a 42 inch lcd for tv for a few dollars more than most of the ones for computers. So can I use a tv lcd with my computer or do I have to stick with the monitors for the computers?:isadizzy:
Greg

DaveKDEN
October 12th, 2008, 08:06
I want to get a new monitor for my rig, I want want a wide screen and want it as big as I can get it, but some of the computer monitors cost a lot of cash and I can get a 42 inch lcd for tv for a few dollars more than most of the ones for computers. So can I use a tv lcd with my computer or do I have to stick with the monitors for the computers?:isadizzy:
Greg

I should think there'd be no problem with using a 1080p HDTV as a monitor, so long as it has DVI or HDMI input and your video card has the muscle to power such a large screen. I do think you'd need a very good video card capable of supporting the native 1080p HDTV resolution of 1920x1080 (16x9 ratio). HOWEVER, don't take my response as the Gospel truth, as I have no experience in using an HDTV as a monitor.

kilo delta
October 12th, 2008, 10:17
I've a pair of 47" LCD TV's with a maximum resolution of 1920x1080 (1080P) and have run FSX (and other games) on both without issue. However, I still prefer to game on my Dell 30" 3008WFP monitor at it's native resolution of 2560x1600:d