Red/White/Blue
Red Cross
Coast Guard

Kiwikat
March 22nd, 2009, 10:34
Does Quest make one with skis or retractable skis? :kilroy:

michael davies
March 22nd, 2009, 10:40
The interior image ( nice modeling BTW ) would be perfect for a speech bubble competition LOL.

Kindest

Michael

6297J
March 22nd, 2009, 10:50
The interior image ( nice modeling BTW ) would be perfect for a speech bubble competition LOL.

Kindest

Michael

Well, both the pilot and the nurse are missing!

Lionheart
March 22nd, 2009, 11:25

Kindest

Michael

lol.. Ok, only Bubble Boy (the movie) comes to mind. What is a bubble competition?

Well, both the pilot and the nurse are missing!

6297J

Mason is in VC mode. We always delete the pilots in the interior model. But maybe I am missing the 'bubble competition meaning' lol...

Bazz,

I just want you and your team to know that I had this Ambulance model almost finished before I saw your WIP pics of the Tilt Rotor (ambulance model). I guess we were simply thinking of the same thing at the same time. Perhaps 'great minds thing alike? I dont have a nurse in mine though..

arrghh.. :banghead:

Now, if someone could figure out a way to put in larger mesh models in FS9, and a compiler that could compile these models, I could put in a beauty of a nurse, a co pilot, etc... I can only use so much room though for mesh size. (I make the FS9 basically the same as the FSX model so people will not get too upset over FS variant additions, etc).

Bill

stiz
March 22nd, 2009, 11:52
bubble comp as in you add a random speech bubble (like in comics) with something funny, best one wins :)

Lionheart
March 22nd, 2009, 12:44
Ahhh...

Thanks Stiz.

Bill

kilo delta
March 22nd, 2009, 13:18

Kindest

Michael

Not a Speech bubble....but how about.....

:faint::ernae::ernae:

harleyman
March 22nd, 2009, 14:06
Not a Speech bubble....but how about.....

:faint::ernae::ernae:

Wooo Hoooooooo :woot::woot:

Thats Priceless Kilo Delta....

cheezyflier
March 22nd, 2009, 14:30
the more i see of this, the more i want it. the orange one looks really cool.
i'm also a sucker for red/white paint. i can't wait to go bush flying with it.
i love the way this plane looks without the belly pan. the sturdy look of the landing gear is really appealing also. i have been watching all the youtube vids on this plane to tide me over

Lionheart
March 22nd, 2009, 14:40
Wooo Hoooooooo :woot::woot:

Thats Priceless Kilo Delta....

That is hilarious!!!!!

lol...

Lionheart
March 22nd, 2009, 14:57
This is some shots of some angles of the bump mapping.

I tried some 'conservativism' on use of rivets and panel lines so it wasnt overwhelming, and also added a touch of fatique waves. Not alot. I toned them down. Round inspection plates or panels also recived some bumping.

The FS9 model textures have 'visible' rivets (graphics) so they still have a realistic look as well. With the FSX model, you almost have to turn off the visible signs of rivets and edges or it looks drastically overkill. The shading from the sim environment engine does all that for you (in FSX).

Mind you, this is still work in progress. Not finished yet...

Bill

Lionheart
March 23rd, 2009, 11:59
A couple of panel shots.

We have really overhauled the PFD and MFD for the Kodiak. One thing we are working on is a 'sleep mode' for the MFD. As it is that people are talking about frame rates, my thoughts are that, with an MFD running, its a huge GPS basically, with many layers of mapped objects being rendered by the system onto a gauge surface. If it sleeps or turns off, then those resources are then eased up for faster frame rates.

I also have replaced the exterior model's MFD and PFD screens with dummys to further reduce the frame rate issues.

So then, the only thing pulling down frames will be exotic high rez textures. Then people can simply download (or purchase directly) the low rez package (textures for free download) and that should place the Kodiak as a faster performer then the FSX Maule, which I use as a 'comparison' tool.

Thats all I know man! :d

Bill

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/Kodiak16-997x637.jpg

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/sitebuilder/images/Kodiak15-997x637.jpg

For those of you that know your panels, you'll note the Autopilot under the MFD (center screen). That is an S-Tec Fifty Five X. You say "Isnt there an AP in the Garmin system?" Yes, but its much cheaper to get an AP such as an S-Tec then to order your plane with the Garmin AP, and so the usual production order coming out of Kodiak has this setup. Controls for Heading and Altitude are 'tuned' on the knobs of the PFD and MFD. But the actual on/off controls for the AP are on the actual AP itself. So, another words, you take off, then set your altitude setting and heading setting on the Garmin inputs, then click ALT and HDG buttons on the S-Tec, and away you go.

Crazy, but reality.

Bill

Kiwikat
March 23rd, 2009, 12:04
OOOOK that's enough teasing now...

Bring er on out!:icon30:

CG_1976
March 23rd, 2009, 12:16
Im already upgrading both my FSX and Fs9 dedicated computers for this Kodiak. Lionheart these updates are helping me greatly as I upgrade using lionheart Aircraft as the baseline. That VC is making me drool.:ernae:

Mithrin
March 23rd, 2009, 12:20
Bill, glad to see those fatique waves. Looking forward to this one!

Henry
March 23rd, 2009, 12:46
lol.. Ok, only Bubble Boy (the movie) comes to mind. What is a bubble competition?

Mason is in VC mode. We always delete the pilots in the interior model. But maybe I am missing the 'bubble competition meaning' lol...

Bill
like this!

cheezyflier
March 23rd, 2009, 13:06
lionheart, i have no idea what you were talking about there, but that panel looks fabulous, and the a/p sounds pretty simple to use. so, are the fs9 and fsx sold separately?

harleyman
March 23rd, 2009, 13:13
like this!

You have been taking your funny pills today Henry...:woot: :eek:

Henry
March 23rd, 2009, 13:15
You have been taking your funny pills today Henry...:woot: :eek:
when you have a wife like mine its compulsory
LOL
H

Lionheart
March 23rd, 2009, 14:00
LOLOL..

Too funny Henry.

lionheart, i have no idea what you were talking about there, but that panel looks fabulous, and the a/p sounds pretty simple to use. so, are the fs9 and fsx sold separately?

They will all be in the same package. But I will have a seperate package with low rez texture sets.. So you can buy the low rez Kodiak package and later download the high rez textures. If you buy the high rez Kodiak package, and find its boggind your system down, then you would simply download the low rez texture packs.

:d

Covering the bases on the FPS department.. I like high resolutions. For my work, I demand it. But I am finding customers appreciate frame rates more then resolution. So... I can do that.. :d

:faint:

Bill

Sean Doran
March 23rd, 2009, 16:55
I have not repainted in a few months now, but I am waiting on this bird with my brushes ready.

cheezyflier
March 23rd, 2009, 19:08
LOLOL..

Too funny Henry.

They will all be in the same package. But I will have a seperate package with low rez texture sets.. So you can buy the low rez Kodiak package and later download the high rez textures. If you buy the high rez Kodiak package, and find its boggind your system down, then you would simply download the low rez texture packs.

Covering the bases on the FPS department.. I like high resolutions. For my work, I demand it. But I am finding customers appreciate frame rates more then resolution. So... I can do that.. :d

:faint:

Bill

I have not repainted in a few months now, but I am waiting on this bird with my brushes ready.

man, this just gets better all the time! :applause:

Kiwikat
March 23rd, 2009, 19:29
Will this one be as easy to paint as the Epic was?

Lionheart
March 23rd, 2009, 19:54
Will this one be as easy to paint as the Epic was?

Hey KK,

This one has rivets which required 4 sided fuselage mapping. It can get a bit difficult aligning stripes that will go over the sides to the top and belly. The wings are the same though. And, I always use layered work, so that makes it even easier.

Bill

EgoR64
March 31st, 2009, 16:06
:wavey:

Are we there yet ??

<DL><DD>There's a hole in my wallet, Mr. lionheart, Mr. lionheart, <DD>There's a hole in my wallet, Mr. linoheart, a hole. <DD>Then buy my kodiak, Mr. egor, Mr. egor, Mr. egor, <DD>Then buy my kodiak, Mr. egor, Mr. egor, then buy my kodiak.. LOL !! </DD><DD> </DD><DD>:ernae::ernae:</DD><DD> </DD><DD>Bring it on !!</DD><DD> </DD><DD>Cheers !! </DD></DL>

Lionheart
March 31st, 2009, 19:41
lololol....

Been working on that bird all day long..

I want that baby perfect on launch day. I am shooting for Friday night, Phoenix Arizona time, USA. Lets hope and pray.

Bill

Kiwikat
March 31st, 2009, 20:05
I want that baby perfect on launch day. I am shooting for Friday night, Phoenix Arizona time, USA. Lets hope and pray.

Is that an April Fools joke? :173go1:

... I hope not :amen:

CG_1976
March 31st, 2009, 20:10
lololol....

Been working on that bird all day long..

Bill

I'll get my Hanger at MUGM NAS stocked and warmed up for the Kodiak.

cheezyflier
March 31st, 2009, 20:46
my C.C. is soooo ready for this!

i suspect your site is gonna be quite busy for a while.

Kiwikat
April 2nd, 2009, 16:49
:bump:

;)

Lionheart
April 2nd, 2009, 17:57
Almost there...

:typing: <-- on Gmax, FS Panel Studio, Adobe Photoshop, FSX, FS2004...

euroastar350
April 2nd, 2009, 18:27
Almost there...

:typing: <-- on Gmax, FS Panel Studio, Adobe Photoshop, FSX, FS2004...

Gee Bill,

When are you not on the comp:costumes: Splendid work, looking forward to getting this when I get the chance:ernae: