PDA

View Full Version : Why is my Firefox in Spanish?

OBIO
March 20th, 2009, 14:00
The oddest thing....I fired up Firefox just a few minutes ago and the main page is in Spanish. I uninstalled, reinstalled, and it is still in Spanish. How can I get it back to English? Or has the official language of the United States been changed to Spanish/Mexican?

OBIO

rhumbaflappy
March 20th, 2009, 14:06
Menu:

Tools | Options

Tab:

Content

...under 'Languages' click 'Choose'

I have no idea why it would switch... unless maybe your Windows settings switched.

Dick

6297J
March 20th, 2009, 14:21
Or has the official language of the United States been changed to Spanish/Mexican?

OBIO

Give it another 10 years :gossip:

OBIO
March 20th, 2009, 14:21
Everything else system wise is still in English...including IE7. Just Firefox.

And US English is the only language in the Languages selection window.

OBIO

Good_2_Be
March 20th, 2009, 14:35
You forgot to push 1 :caked:

OBIO
March 20th, 2009, 15:52
Yep, Good_2_Be, that was it. It's tough not having push button internet...this old fashioned rotary internet sometimes causes me problems.

Not sure why it happened, but my home page changed from Google to Google.ES (the Spanish version of the Google home page). My wife was on my system for a while last night looking up stuff that we can't afford to even look at, let alone buy. She might have hit the Go To Google Spanish link.

OBIO

Henry
March 20th, 2009, 15:58
You didnt have payella for supper by any chance
its a new educational program for google
mines in hebrew:faint:
H

Good_2_Be
March 20th, 2009, 21:27
[quote=OBIO;142661]Yep, Good_2_Be, that was it. It's tough not having push button internet...this old fashioned rotary internet sometimes causes me problems.

Could be worse, couple cans tied together with a string.

GT182
March 21st, 2009, 05:05
OBIO, maybe Firefox thought you'd gone over to the "Dark Side". ;) :costumes:

srgalahad
March 21st, 2009, 07:54
it must be contageous... the other day I went to type something in the Multiplayer chatbox and it came out in French accented characters... but only in FS - the control assignment menu choices and chatbox.. all other functions were still English... then Thrusday it just reverted to normal

Dirtman
March 21st, 2009, 12:49
Ahh geeez Obi .....

See what happens when ya join the "Dark Side"???

Remember that yer Uncle Dirt warned ya's 'bout this!!! :173go1: