PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth...

Roger
March 20th, 2009, 05:50
Turning off windows Defender off in Vista 32 for extra frame rates in FsX?

paiken
March 20th, 2009, 05:55
Absolutely, without a doubt turn OFF defender. Just make sure you have a decent av program running and you should have nothing to worry about. If it's frame rate increases you're looking for, check out Nick N's threads over at avsim, et. al. The guy's a genius when it comes to making your 'puter purr.:woot:

cheezyflier
March 20th, 2009, 06:12
windows defender is absolutely worthless. if you are relying on that to protect your system, you are woefully under protected. do turn it off, and get some real software that will properly do the job. and if you want to boost a few frames, use alacrity pc to shut down the crap you don't need operating in the background and defrag your ram.

Henry
March 20th, 2009, 06:35
how do you turn it off?
H

SpaceWeevil
March 20th, 2009, 08:40
how do you turn it off?
H

Open Windows Defender, choose Tools > Options > Administrator Options, uncheck 'Use Windows Defender' and save, ignoring the plea to turn it back on again.

JoeW
March 20th, 2009, 10:22
I can't find the exe to start it.
I looked in Programs and didn't see it. Any idea where I can find it?

mgbmike
March 20th, 2009, 11:28
Joe,

Take a look in Control Panel.

JoeW
March 20th, 2009, 12:15
It ain't there ......... that I can find. I keep seeing Defender this and Defender that while getting updates. I'm running the latest updated XP and I can't find that.

Roger
March 20th, 2009, 12:54
I did Ctrl/alt/Del and turned it off in "Services".

I reckon it gave me a slight increase.

mfitch
March 20th, 2009, 13:16
It ain't there ......... that I can find. I keep seeing Defender this and Defender that while getting updates. I'm running the latest updated XP and I can't find that.

XP does not have "Windows Defender" which is why you can't find a control panel. I'm not sure what other software has "defender" in the name that is showing up in your updates.

Roger
March 20th, 2009, 13:42
XP does not have "Windows Defender" which is why you can't find a control panel. I'm not sure what other software has "defender" in the name that is showing up in your updates.

Windows Defender was beta'd well before Vista was released. Many people have Windows Defender in XP.

harleyman
March 20th, 2009, 13:45
I have it with XP Pro SP3.. I have never bothered with it actually...

gera
March 20th, 2009, 13:49
Turn off.....Everything you donīt need!!!!!!!!!!!!!-------and if you are not (at the same time in the net) be sure to plonk the Firewall and Virus Master too!!!!!!!...FSX is a LOner!!!!!!!!!!!no comapny whatsoever!!! not even the ladies!!!!!! Jesus Perez thatīs really bad.....................................:faint: