PDA

View Full Version : Using the FPS limiter with REX

hews500d
March 18th, 2009, 07:54
Is anyone using the newly talked about fps limiter that creates the batch file with REX? I have REX set to autostart FSX but have no clue how to tell it where the batch file is. I've tried starting REX without autostarting FSX and then starting FSX manually but can never get it to connect to load the weather.

Darrell

datter
March 18th, 2009, 07:59
Maybe you could set up the limiter to load REX, then when REX starts FSX it will still limit the frames? That or edit a cfg file somewhere within REX to tell it to look for the .bat instead of the .exe but that's a long shot and a question for the REX devs.

Since this is a third party d3d limiter, I suspect just telling the original batch file to load REX should get the limiter running then when REX starts FSX you should be good to go. Just a guess though.

harleyman
March 18th, 2009, 12:12
You need to start REX to fly? i thought it just had to already have the textures you wanted already installed...

Oh...Does it have an engine????

datter
March 18th, 2009, 12:53
You need to have REX start FSX if you want it to generate real time weather, a feature most people can't seem to make work hence the coming of REX2.0 at some point down the road I guess.

hews500d
March 18th, 2009, 12:55
You need to start REX to fly? i thought it just had to already have the textures you wanted already installed...

Oh...Does it have an engine????

Since installing REX I've always flown with real world weather installed from REX and used the flight planner some.

Darrell

JoeW
March 18th, 2009, 12:56
I use FSMeteo.
You start it after FSX is running. Great weather. Never 50 mile visability.... never.
Even down here in central Florida we get maybe 30 mile and that's clear.

CG_1976
March 18th, 2009, 12:56
I dont have to start rex to start fsx to get the weather. I followed there manual procedure and get my 5 green indicator bars and wam live weather just like like ASA.

abrussell
March 18th, 2009, 15:43
I just installed the REX textures and use FSX weather engine. works fine for me.
Bruce