PDA

View Full Version : F1: Silverstone

Panther_99FS
July 8th, 2023, 10:10
I wonder if the race will be as interesting as the qualifying.....

huub vink
July 8th, 2023, 10:41
There is a 50% chance on rain during the race. So I guess there is a 50% chance the race will be interesting. :biggrin-new:

The Mercedes engine is still the engine to have. McLaren is quite fast with it and so was/is Aston Martin. The Mercedes Petronas team had quite good speed on the long runs. So I expect there with be quite some battles.

Cheers,
Huub

Panther_99FS
July 8th, 2023, 14:02
There is a 50% chance on rain during the race. So I guess there is a 50% chance the race will be interesting. :biggrin-new:

The Mercedes engine is still the engine to have. McLaren is quite fast with it and so was/is Aston Martin. The Mercedes Petronas team had quite good speed on the long runs. So I expect there with be quite some battles.

Cheers,
Huub
One of my takeaway/questions is: "Just how good is the Wiliams?"
Alton looks great - but Sergeant is terrible :culpability: - So what's the real picture of the Williams?

It will also be interesting to see where McLaren finishes.....

Ferry_vO
July 9th, 2023, 05:33

Not that the races this year are boring, but I wish there would be some more competition at the front...

Perez, Alonso, Ferrari, Mercedes and now McLaren are sometimes at the front, but none are very consistent. Max can take the title in September already I fear...

Panther_99FS
July 9th, 2023, 09:29
Indeed quite interesting when you factor in both McLaren's and Albon's finishes! :jump:

It would also be interesting to see whether or not Ricciardo still has "it" with Red Bulls - as he's been the only RBR driver to take the fight to Max at times....

Panther_99FS
July 9th, 2023, 09:30
Not that the races this year are boring, but I wish there would be some more competition at the front...

Yes, the titanic battles between Hamilton and Rosberg/Hamilton and Alonso/Webber and Vettel were epic!

Hopefully, we can see that within RBR with Max and someone....

Ferry_vO
July 10th, 2023, 06:02
Crazy to think that with twelve races to go, Max can now finish second in every race and still take his third title.. (Not that he's going to do that..) :dizzy:

Panther_99FS
July 11th, 2023, 16:16
Crazy to think that with twelve races to go, Max can now finish second in every race and still take his third title.. (Not that he's going to do that..) :dizzy:
I can easily see Max "winning out" barring any collisions or mechanical issues.
It's obvious that "Checo" isn't up to the task of challenging Max....(and it shows in recent RBR/AT news today)

Question is, with the Thai Billionaire owning 51% of RBR, and with recent stellar performances, will Albon return to RBR and 'Checo' ousted?

wombat666
July 11th, 2023, 21:41
Here's another wild card to throw into the mix: Nyck de Vries has been dropped from the AlphaTauri squad immediately and has been replaced by Daniel Ricciardo 'on loan' from RBR.
It might just be a ploy to place Perez under more pressure, but given The Honey Badger's pace in the Pirelli tyre test it might be the break that could lead to a full-time return for The Honey Badger.
:triumphant:

“Sources say Ricciardo was impressive in today’s Pirelli tyre test with
Red Bull, his first drive in 2023 machinery, and that his best lap would
have been good enough for the front row of the grid in Sunday’s British
Grand Prix.''

Panther_99FS
July 12th, 2023, 04:47
Yah that's going to be tough one to decide (based on the picture looks at the moment between Danny Ricc & Albon)
But the facts are that Danny Ricc is the only driver to be able to take the fight.

I suspect Danny left due to RBR history (Webber/Vettel) and Helmut.....