PDA

View Full Version : photoreal vs default

jankees
March 17th, 2009, 01:40
I was quite happy with my recent repaint for the HunHunter, especially the shots I took over photoreal Corsica, that I thought I'd look for photoreal Italy, where the real HunHunter was active.
Turns out that Fulvio Mazzokan is busy producing freeware photoreal textures for entire Italy for FS9, but they work in FSX too. All you need is a very big hard disk...
The resolution is not as crisp as I'd like, and the colors seem what flat, but if you stay high enough, and add a few clouds, it looks real nice. To see the difference, just look here:

harleyman
March 17th, 2009, 01:47
A very noticeable difference...Nice shots too...:applause:

jimjones
March 17th, 2009, 02:04
My vote is for photoreal.

guzler
March 17th, 2009, 04:35
I use the France VFR Corsica addon, thats a great little package and I do alot of flying there. Corsica now habits lots of vintage livery jets !

Panther_99FS
March 17th, 2009, 04:45
Great shots!
Now if we could only get all the seasons in photoreal...:kilroy:

(And a 2tb hard drive)

Ian Warren
March 17th, 2009, 04:53
My vote is for photoreal.
I have seen your work and totally have always believed in complete photoreal scenery , currently helping with a new area in New Zealand , maybe one of many , myself targeting the autogen , this new region covers photoreal build of Hamilton Airport , a custom built city center and the region .

lifejogger
March 17th, 2009, 05:17
Great shots!

(And a 2tb hard drive)

:amen: Brother.

jimjones
March 17th, 2009, 09:52
Wrong thread.

Lionheart
March 17th, 2009, 10:50
Great screenshots Jankees!

I love photoreal. Its the best.

Bill

ananda
March 17th, 2009, 14:22
Great shots!

(And a 2tb hard drive)

http://www.earthsimulations.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=60

kjb
March 17th, 2009, 16:25
Photoreal...no question. I don't think there's any comparison.

Gdavis101
March 17th, 2009, 22:59
After getting the whole state of Washington, I am anxious for Oregon. I prefer photoreal.

Man I gots to buy that P-47!!

jankees
March 18th, 2009, 05:15
Man I gots to buy that P-47!!

You most certainly do!

Meanwhile, I'm happily downloading all of Italy (HD still not full) and cruising all over. As long as you stay high, and zoom out a bit, it looks just brilliant!
Judge for yourself, first shot shows Elba and Corsica in the background, last one has the Lago di Trasimeno in the background:

Cazzie
March 18th, 2009, 05:43
Mazzokan's work is incredible. I have them all in FS9 and now that I see they work In FSX, boom, off I go looking for my Mazzokan DVD.

The colors of his photoreal textures seem more vibrant in FSX than in FS9.

Caz