PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please: Wilco vs. Eaglesoft Citation X

Arkycharlie
March 13th, 2009, 12:19
I'm a biz jet fan and am wanting to buy eather the Wilco or Eaglesoft Citation X for FSX. Can you guys share some opinions as to which one you would recommend? Prices seem to be pretty comparable. Thanks in advance for your help!

charlie

Kiwikat
March 13th, 2009, 13:16
I'd wait for the Eaglesoft CJX 2.0 for FSX. I will never buy anything from feelthere or wilco again.

Arkycharlie
March 13th, 2009, 13:25
I just noticed that I had priced the Eaglesoft version 1.O and that version 2.0 for FSX hasn't been released yet and will be nearly twice the price. I see a lot of negative comments about Wilco products although some folks seem to like them.

Scratch
March 13th, 2009, 13:27
Another vote for Eaglesoft.

Pepere
March 13th, 2009, 13:30
I'd wait for the Eaglesoft CJX 2.0 for FSX. I will never buy anything from feelthere or wilco again.

Ditto. Here - Eaglesoft over those others any day - trust us.

David

Arkycharlie
March 13th, 2009, 14:02
Thanks guys! You've made up my mind for me. I appreciate the help!

MCDesigns
March 13th, 2009, 14:06

Totally agreed! I had a horrible experience with the FS9 Caravan from feelthere, never again!

Odie
March 13th, 2009, 14:10
Ditto on Eaglesoft. I've got the FS9 version of the Citation X and it's a very good a/c. Well worth the money.

CG_1976
March 13th, 2009, 15:00
I'd go with Eaglesoft also. I have both CitX's and eaglesofts by far is better bang for the buck and is better in customer support and overall preformance.

AusWilko
March 13th, 2009, 15:25
another vote for the Eaglesoft CitX

JimC1702
March 13th, 2009, 15:32
You can't go wrong with Eaglesoft. I had the Beechjet in FS9 and have the Citation II and Citation X in FSX. Also their Twin Comanche is brilliant!

Jim

JIMJAM
March 13th, 2009, 15:36
Get the new Mustang.
I guess I am outnumbered but I never was impressed with the CitationX from Eaglesoft.
Especially by todays standards it looks really dated. I could never really read anything in the cockpit.
Wish I could give you mine cause she has been collecting dust since I got it.
Should be alot easier on the fps though.

n4gix
March 13th, 2009, 15:39
Get the new Mustang.
I guess I am outnumbered but I never was impressed with the CitationX from Eaglesoft.
Especially by todays standards it looks really dated. I could never really read anything in the cockpit.

The version 1.0 you have is quite dated, and although it is still available for sale, it has been joined by version 2.0 which features a full-function FMC, updatable Nav Database, totally rebuilt model, revised textures, increased resolution, and completely new gauge system. :ernae:

JIMJAM
March 13th, 2009, 15:47
I cannot even find it but will take your word for it.
In that case please disregard my comments. It was a great plane in FS9.
Youtube the plane and read reviews.
Carry on.

CG_1976
March 13th, 2009, 16:08
Bill, I have the USCG paint for the Citx 1.0, will it work on the 2.0 version?

thunder100
March 13th, 2009, 23:58
I have both.Wilco was a gift of my son so what can I say

Go for Eaglesoft

And also V1 and V2 fly reasonayble well in FSX SP2 ACC

Roland

6297J
March 14th, 2009, 00:32
Get the new Mustang.

I agree. Eaglesoft looked dated even in FS9! Nice from the outside but really terrible hand drawn VC's that always let them down. V2 doesn't look any better in that regard.

Go for the Mustang.

n4gix
March 14th, 2009, 10:45
I agree. Eaglesoft looked dated even in FS9! Nice from the outside but really terrible hand drawn VC's that always let them down. V2 doesn't look any better in that regard.

Really? Have you seen screenshots of the new v2.0 VC?

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CX20ss.htm

n4gix
March 14th, 2009, 10:48
Bill, I have the USCG paint for the Citx 1.0, will it work on the 2.0 version?

No it won't. Bobby remapped the entire model to allow for higher resolution texturing.

It should be possible to rework the USCG paint to the new paintkit though:

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/downloads/CX_20_master.zip

6297J
March 14th, 2009, 10:52
Really? Have you seen screenshots of the new v2.0 VC?

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CX20ss.htm

Yes, Bill I have seen them.

Here's the Mustang -

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1mustang

;)

gajit
March 14th, 2009, 12:41
I have the F1 mustang - its great despite a slight hit on the Framerate if I have the VC set to max textures - but it is well worth the money.

Eaglesoft I just cant get on with.

The last wilco product I bought was the Tiltrotor which is quite good but we are all still waiting for the update that has been promised for weeks, and weeks, and weeks and weeks and.....

Lets hope FDS hurry up with the long promised Jetstar that looks very promising.

n4gix
March 14th, 2009, 20:15
Yes, Bill I have seen them.

Here's the Mustang -

I know what the Mustang looks like, I bought it the day it was released (actually just a bit before it was "officially released")... It is a very nice package. :ernae:

Mongo
March 15th, 2009, 16:00
I'm another that has flown the Eaglesoft model in FS9. (It was recommended to me over the Wilco at that time). You won't regret it - an awesome a/c!

WarpD
April 13th, 2009, 17:13

Go for the Mustang.

This looks hand drawn??

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m316/warpdrive/dm_fltplan.jpg

Brett_Henderson
April 13th, 2009, 18:10
I can't rate the Eaglesoft.. I've never "flown" it.. But I have purchased many payware over the years.. they ALL have short-comings.. The Wilco Citation X is one of my favorite payware aircraft..

olaf1924
April 13th, 2009, 20:27
I just purchased the wilco version last month and I can report that the aircraft meets or exceeds all my expectations.:ernae:

Nick C
April 13th, 2009, 22:36
I did by a Wilco/Feelthere product once that was excellent, BUT, when I needed support it was non existent. My emails bounced back and I couldn't register on their forums, even though I tried 4 different emails. I tried and failed to make contact, I won't go back.

Brett_Henderson
April 14th, 2009, 04:39
Hmm.. I've found their support and forums quite helpful and responsive.

heywooood
April 14th, 2009, 04:52
I have Eaglesofts Piper Comanche and it is flawless with low impact on FPS on my rig...very smoothly textured inside and out, and their support forum is well tended to by their staff.

I am unfamiliar with the Wilco or Feelthere products so I cant compare them - only wanted to post about my satisfaction with the other developer.

Is it possible to relate an experience or preference without some of the rancor - some of the most negative posts actually have the effect of encouraging me to try the products for myself - just to see if there is an agenda.

Henry
April 14th, 2009, 05:14
Is it possible to relate an experience or preference without some of the rancor - some of the most negative posts actually have the effect of encouraging me to try the products for myself - just to see if there is an agenda.
LOL
I had the same thoughts myself:wavey:
It seems obvious to me that one mans meat is anothers poison.
I cringe when i see titles like x vs. y
but this thread is somewhat calmish
please keep it that way!
H

ryanbatc
April 14th, 2009, 06:30
I have the wilco C750. The VC gauges are pretty nice, but the interior textures are gaudy and low-res. The exterior model is basic, but it looks good even up close. I bought it at the sale price, I think it was like 13 bucks or something. I wouldn't pay full price for it.

Nick C
April 14th, 2009, 08:49
I simply wanted to post my thoughts on them. It's very, very rare for me to post a negative thought about a developer/publisher and perhaps I should explain what happened.

I bought the Feelthere product through Wilco, I had a problem and emailed Wilco. Wilco told me to contact Feelthere. I emailed Feelthere and the email was bounced back. I tried to log onto the Feelthere forums but non of my ISP's emails would be accepted. I posted on a thread the developer seemed to be active in on Avsim but my "very polite" post was ignored. That's it.

The product itself was excellent.

So that's it, a couple of years back now but it was enough of a problem that I made a decision.

I hope you all come to your own decision and enjoy whatever product you purchase.

Peace :engel016:

Proflig8tor
April 14th, 2009, 18:35
Only bought one Feelthere product, but the SF260 is one of the best add ons ever made.

Why the negative posts towards them?

CG_1976
April 14th, 2009, 19:01
For me I got the Flight Mustang and Eaglesoft Citation X. I'm very impressed with both aircraft in there quality.

ryanbatc
April 14th, 2009, 19:04
Only bought one Feelthere product, but the SF260 is one of the best add ons ever made.

Why the negative posts towards them?

??

The SF260 was made by RealAir Simulations.... Not a Wilco/Feelthere product....unless I misunderstood your post

WarpD
April 14th, 2009, 19:18
Most people are objective about their thoughts regarding a developer and/or their product. Each person bases their opinion on their own personal likes/dislikes, and/or their flight sim needs/expectations.

I don't think people, for the most part, attempt to actually attack a developer. However, there are those who clearly have an agenda. Fortunately, they're the rare bird. ;)

I only responded in this thread because someone stated the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0's VC looks "hand drawn".
:jawdrop:

FYI, there's a good image of the VC in my blog... reachable via the link in my signature below.

Berlopez
December 17th, 2014, 05:16
No doubt Eaglesoft. better everything !

Berlopez

b52bob
December 17th, 2014, 05:43
Wow, this is a Moldie oldie! Lots of newer stuff out.

warchild
December 17th, 2014, 10:45
I'm biased. I know exactly how much Eaglesofts modeler puts into his work. its beyond top knotch.. I'd buy the eaglesoft citation in a heartbeat and i already have owned wilco's for years. Go with eaglesoft..

OleBoy
December 17th, 2014, 16:02
If I'm thinking right, and I presume I am, I think the model will be a very good rendition in what's to be expected based on the RW amenities. If I had the opportunity to beta, it would be a pleasure ;)

Cheers

EDIT: Mr. Wilson, the link to your blog leads to a dead end, unfortunately.

ryanbatc
December 17th, 2014, 17:57
5 year old thread nice!

OleBoy
December 17th, 2014, 18:12
I could not resist my last comment :biggrin-new:

Pepere
December 18th, 2014, 07:59
This is wilco's VC?????

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16932&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16933&stc=1

David

warchild
December 18th, 2014, 11:37
This is wilco's VC?????

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16932&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16933&stc=1

David

ummmm. yup. sure is..

stansdds
December 19th, 2014, 03:52
It's a Christmas miracle! A very dead thread has arisen from the grave. :biggrin-new:

RyanJZ
December 19th, 2014, 16:39
Wilco has a few products that are just OKAY. The Citation is one of them, but go for the Eaglesoft on this one. Depends how good your system is really. Plus the Eaglesoft V2 needs registered FSUIPC for some of the gauges to work. The only Wilco products I can recommend is their Piaggio P180 and their Tiltrotor. It seems their support has gotten a bit better over the years though. Still needs some work though....