PDA

View Full Version : Blackbird/Milviz freebies in P3DV5

keithb77
March 2nd, 2023, 09:57
With the Milviz P3D catalogue now available for free but unsupported, it might be useful to pool knowledge on getting them to work...
My experience so far using P3DV5 (NB some, including the Phantom only officially support V4)

Sabre: Installs and runs, throttle not animated but works (maybe not 100% ?)

Skyraider: Seems to work fine (installs a different MVAMS utility than all the others use)

Otter: Seems to work fine

T-38A: Seems to work fine

F-100: Installs but lots of green textures in the cockpit, suggesting missing textures though can't see why - texture.cfg looks good and folders are there

Phantom: Crashes P3D after a few seconds if loaded 'ready-to-go', OK if loaded 'cold-and-dark' - not yet completed the startup sequence so may or may not crash P3D eventually

Any clues as to how to fix the last two gratefully received, and any other relevant tips/experiences. :)

Cheers
Keith

Manschy
March 3rd, 2023, 01:14
Was anybody able to get a clean download of the F-4 J/S Phantoms, please?
I always get a corrupt download file, unable to run the installer correctly.
Had the same issue with some other downloads, but all of them did work fine after several trials. Only the F-4 seem to be difficult...

gray eagle
March 3rd, 2023, 04:26
Some of these aircraft installs will either merge or create the orange Milviz management system icon(s) on my desktop.

Is there a way to merge all the installed Milviz aircraft into on Management system. I use P3D V4 and V5 so some of them may
have separate management icons due to installing some of the aircraft to V4 or V5 or P3D.

keithb77
March 3rd, 2023, 07:58
Was anybody able to get a clean download of the F-4 J/S Phantoms, please?
I always get a corrupt download file, unable to run the installer correctly.
Had the same issue with some other downloads, but all of them did work fine after several trials. Only the F-4 seem to be difficult...
F4 downloads fine for me, but CTDs on engine start.

Milviz have always said to disable antivirus whilst d/ling , I didn't need to do that though I have gone back and redownloaded and reinstalled without antiVirus in case that helped with the F4 and F100.
I use Windows defender ,maybe your av is different?

Manschy
March 3rd, 2023, 09:40
Thank you, Keith. Yes, only Windows Defender working, but most other downloads were fine yesterday but failed today. I will try next hours, because I think it is indeed a frequenting issue...

Ferry_vO
March 3rd, 2023, 12:43
Any tips on how to install the YF-23 in later (v4/5) versions of P3D..?

William Njurmi
March 5th, 2023, 03:33
I repeat my results here as I by mistake wrote in FSX thread. If you encounter non moving throttle issue with milviz planes, check your xml.dll. I found out that in my machine two such files exist in different locations. I have no clue which one the P3D5 uses, but I have now two identical and my throttles work after few hours trial and error ordeal.

William Njurmi
March 5th, 2023, 08:25
737 gives option to install into FSX only?

keithb77
March 5th, 2023, 10:05
You might need a dummy p3dv4 registry entry, pointing to p3dv5 for the installer to find?

Dangerous Beans
March 5th, 2023, 13:01
Any tips on how to install the YF-23 in later (v4/5) versions of P3D..?

I already tried it in V5 and it doesn't work very well, most of the main gauges and the HUD are 32bit .dll's so don't work in V4 or5

Priller
March 5th, 2023, 13:31
F-100: Installs but lots of green textures in the cockpit, suggesting missing textures though can't see why - texture.cfg looks good and folders are there

Phantom: Crashes P3D after a few seconds if loaded 'ready-to-go', OK if loaded 'cold-and-dark' - not yet completed the startup sequence so may or may not crash P3D eventually

Any clues as to how to fix the last two gratefully received, and any other relevant tips/experiences. :)

Cheers
Keith

As for the F-100, make sure you have all versions of simconnect installed and a recent FSUIPC: https://support.justflight.com/support/solutions/articles/17000100065-simconnect-files-for-fsx-p3d

As for the Phantom, not all versions work in 64 bit flightsims. You might want to try the advanced or the tacpack version, not the standard ones.

Priller

Manschy
March 5th, 2023, 13:45
My F-4E and S versions run fine, but the F-4J causes crash to desktop after engine start. I have only the standard and the advance package, both installed. What did I wrong?

Priller
March 5th, 2023, 14:01
The standard version doesn't work in later 64 bit versions of P3D

Dangerous Beans
March 5th, 2023, 14:54
Anyone have any luck with the F-86 in P3Dv5?
The Aircraft Config panel is blank for me so I cant turn on ground power to start it.
I also installed it in FSX and it works fine.

keithb77
March 6th, 2023, 00:00
If you encounter non moving throttle issue with milviz planes, check your xml.dll. I found out that in my machine two such files exist in different locations. I have no clue which one the P3D5 uses
For dll.xml, the one in
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
is the template installed with P3D and shouldn't be modified
the one in
C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
is the active one.

I have an XMLTools64 entry in mine but still no moving throttle in Sabre, so something still missing...

a recent FSUIPC:
Didn't have FSUIPC so installed the latest available, made no noticeable difference....

The Aircraft Config panel is blank for me so I cant turn on ground power to start it.
I'll admit to ctrl-Eing the Sabre for now, works OK then...also had to load a 'default' P3D airframe before loading the Sabre to be able to autostart it.

F-4E and S versions run fine, but the F-4J causes crash to desktop after engine start. I have only the standard and the advance package, both installed.
I hadn't installed the ADV patch for the J/S, thinking it was just TacPac.
But they both still CTD for me.
The F-4E is fine.

F-100 green cockpit gone with the panel.cfg edits from the other thread, but still can't start it.

Manschy
March 6th, 2023, 01:54
The standard version doesn't work in later 64 bit versions of P3D

Thank you. But the download offers all versions with P3Dv4 included. There is an advance file I also did install, but something force the model to crash after engine start.

In addition to it, some lever and switches (especially the engine starter lever in the F-4E cockpit) don't work correctly. Normally, the engine starter lever should move to both sides (for the left and the right engine to start..), but I only could touch it without any movement. I have to wait by a look at the RPM gauge before pushing the throttle lever into idle, means, I don't know if the lever is set into the correct direction...
But it runs finally and the F-4E is wonderful nevertheless.

Oh, and since yesterday evening, the engines in the F-4J model won't start at all. What a pitty....

keithb77
March 6th, 2023, 09:31
Finally got the F-100 started, reading the manual (!!!)
"turn on the unlabeled toggle switch on the left hand console toward the rear (under the redcover). Turning this switch on will initiate the 'easy start' sequence."

And it works! :)

The F-100 should have a menu under Add-Ons but it doesn't so there is still something missing in the install.

The F-4 DOES have a menu under Add-Ons, which provides a GPU, I was able to get the right engine to start by clicking the switch but not the left engine.
Meanwhile, following a delete of the F4ADV patch and reinstall as admin the F-4J/S is now working :) Pretty unflyable though...a few 'instructor' flights needed!

A tip I found in the P3Dv1-4 forum, for installing aircraft where the installer doesn't offer you an install option - you can open the .exe in 7zip and manually install everything.

Manschy
March 6th, 2023, 11:54
The F-4 DOES have a menu under Add-Ons, which provides a GPU, I was able to get the right engine to start by clicking the switch but not the left engine.
Meanwhile, following a delete of the F4ADV patch and reinstall as admin the F-4J/S is now working :) Pretty unflyable though...a few 'instructor' flights needed!

A tip I found in the P3Dv1-4 forum, for installing aircraft where the installer doesn't offer you an install option - you can open the .exe in 7zip and manually install everything.

Thank you, Keith. You mean the F4J advance patch? Or both, F-4 J and F-4 E? I will try it again, but each installation I always do with admin rights.

gavinc
March 6th, 2023, 13:15
Hi,
Has anyone got the Cessna Bobcat installed with the crew and passengers appearing?

I have tried it in both P3D v4 and V5 with no luck.

I use the configuration tool and put passengers in all the seats but in the sim the cockpit remains stubbornly empty.

Is it worth the fight or should I just stick with the FSAddon Bobcat which I know and love.

Gavin

gray eagle
March 6th, 2023, 14:59
I also installed it in FSX and it works fine.

No problemo for me..... I have it in P3D V5.3
https://i.postimg.cc/XYT2MjbH/F86.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/T3W9JzDr/Capture1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/sXK92ykR/Capture3.jpg

Dangerous Beans
March 6th, 2023, 15:24
Thanks gray eagle, I got it working.
I had it installed to a Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folder on my E drive and it didn't work but I tried moving it to the main P3Dv5 folder and it works now.
Bit of a shame as I like to keep the main folder vanilla if I can.

Same story for the F4's The base models always CTD no mater where their installed but the advanced models work OK but only if their in the main folder.

keithb77
March 6th, 2023, 22:19
You mean the F4J advance patch? Or both, F-4 J and F-4 E?
It was the F4J that I hadn't applied the ADV patch to correctly.
Both ow work for me, though I have them set to autostart in MVAMS for speed.

gray eagle
March 7th, 2023, 08:00
Thanks gray eagle, I got it working.
I had it installed to a Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folder on my E drive and it didn't work but I tried moving it to the main P3Dv5 folder and it works now.
Bit of a shame as I like to keep the main folder vanilla if I can.

Same story for the F4's The base models always CTD no mater where their installed but the advanced models work OK but only if their in the main folder.

Yeah, just for spits and grins, I tried to use the addon folder for this bird and I got a black screen (SHift+2) for that ground cart and chocks. I then had to reinstall the whole ball of wax
and point the installer to P3dV5 to get it all back to normal. Such a deal with this one.

keithb77
March 7th, 2023, 08:37
use the addon folder for this bird and I got a black screen (SHift+2) for that ground cart and chocks
Hmm, for me the Shift-F2 just doesn't display anything, pretty sure it's the dedicated DLL not loading as shift-F3 works and swapping the two entries in panel.cfg kills the F3 window.
Although I can ctrl-E to start it, none of the buttons are clickable (but rotaries DO move) so there is a general problem.
It's a 'run-as-admin' install to the main P3D folder, just like the F-100 and F-4 which work better, can't think of anything else to try :(
Maybe re-install and run with AV switched off, though no AV warnings.

William Njurmi
March 7th, 2023, 08:40
I wanted a bit retro to PC-6 and Twin Comanche and purchased the Navstax radios for them. The ready alternative panel.cfg´s worked nicely.

gray eagle
March 7th, 2023, 09:04
Hmm, for me the Shift-F2 just doesn't display anything, pretty sure it's the dedicated DLL not loading as shift-F3 works and swapping the two entries in panel.cfg kills the F3 window.
Although I can ctrl-E to start it, none of the buttons are clickable (but rotaries DO move) so there is a general problem.
It's a 'run-as-admin' install to the main P3D folder, just like the F-100 and F-4 which work better, can't think of anything else to try :(
Maybe re-install and run with AV switched off, though no AV warnings.

My bad, I meant SHIFT +2

keithb77
March 8th, 2023, 03:40
I did too :)

Shift 2 loads Milviz_F86_ACM.dll and fails (or just doesn't display anything)
Shift 3 loads Checklist.cab and works (it's just an XML gauge)

I gave up and reinstalled P3Dv4.5 .... Sabre works fine, installed from the same D/L, not even as admin (forgot) .... hmmmm

udidwht
March 8th, 2023, 14:42
Finally got the F-100 started, reading the manual (!!!)
"turn on the unlabeled toggle switch on the left hand console toward the rear (under the redcover). Turning this switch on will initiate the 'easy start' sequence."

And it works! :)

The F-100 should have a menu under Add-Ons but it doesn't so there is still something missing in the install.

I found that when the install to choice of sim box was empty just click next then you can choose the root folder of P3D and it will install.

I have currently installed in P3Dv3.4.22.19868 and working the following:

P-38L
FG-1D
J-87
DHC-2
DHC-3
F-4E Advanced
F-4 J/S Advanced
YF-23
F-100D
C-310R
T-38A Advanced

There is no P3Dv3 option to choose for the DHC-3T, UH-1 Redux, B-55. Any way to get them installed into v3? It says on their site that v3 should work.

keithb77
March 9th, 2023, 08:35
As stated in the other thread I've fixed my F-86 problem .... deleting the whole Milviz_F86 folder from Simobjects (not uninstalling) and copying the complete P3Dv4 version into P3Dv5 works perfectly, clickable, startable and all DLLs work properly.

I suspect that doing an install where the installer doesn't find the sim but allows entering the path manually might install the wrong components.

The same solution works for the F-100, which was missing it's Add_ons menu and some sounds (eg the 'crack' of the afterburner firing up).
Copied the v4 installed version into the v5 folder and now the crack is back :)

ududwht - does your F-100 have an Add_ons menu and an afterburner 'crack'?

udidwht
March 9th, 2023, 12:43
As stated in the other thread I've fixed my F-86 problem .... deleting the whole Milviz_F86 folder from Simobjects (not uninstalling) and copying the complete P3Dv4 version into P3Dv5 works perfectly, clickable, startable and all DLLs work properly.

I suspect that doing an install where the installer doesn't find the sim but allows entering the path manually might install the wrong components.

The same solution works for the F-100, which was missing it's Add_ons menu and some sounds (eg the 'crack' of the afterburner firing up).
Copied the v4 installed version into the v5 folder and now the crack is back :)

ududwht - does your F-100 have an Add_ons menu and an afterburner 'crack'?

I have it (F-100) installed in P3Dv3. These in simobjects folder?

Afterburner does crack when hitting it (clean install of P3Dv4.5.14.34698).

According to the Milivz free site the B-55, DHC-3T and UH-1 should work in P3Dv3 but when you run the installer there is no option to choose P3Dv3.

udidwht
March 9th, 2023, 16:52
I've tested the following and thus far they seem to all work correctly within P3Dv4.5.14.34698 (clean install) and also have installed all (4) of the simconnect redist files.

F-86
F-100D
F-4E Adv
F-4J/S Adv.
UH-1
T-38A Adv
MD-530
FG-1D
P-38L
C-310
B-55
A-1H

William Njurmi
March 10th, 2023, 08:11
737 installs ok to P3D5 and loads without crashing. MVAMS reports fail and the plane cannot be adjusted by it. It probably looks for FSX, I wonder how to point it to P3D?

keithb77
March 10th, 2023, 10:02
737 installs ok to P3D5 and loads without crashing. MVAMS reports fail and the plane cannot be adjusted by it. It probably looks for FSX, I wonder how to point it to P3D?

Look in appdata\local\MVAMS\modules - there should be a B732.dll - if not try copying it from the installer EXE (opens with 7Zip), ditto for B732.xml in Versions\B732

Gregory Paul
March 10th, 2023, 18:01
Where do you find these at web site or link?

Thanks

MrZippy
March 10th, 2023, 18:12
Where do you find these at web site or link?

Thanks

https://blackbirdsims.com/flight/freebies.php

William Njurmi
March 10th, 2023, 23:12
Look in appdata\local\MVAMS\modules - there should be a B732.dll - if not try copying it from the installer EXE (opens with 7Zip), ditto for B732.xml in Versions\B732
Hi, thanks. These exist in given locations.

William Njurmi
March 10th, 2023, 23:42
Read from the Milviz forums that the MVAMS and 737 will not work in P3D5. Could find a way to preset the aircraft manually in aircraft.cfg? I would like to get it cold and dark and without gravel kit.

Edit: Gravel kit is easy, resides in aircraft.cfg true/false.

William Njurmi
March 12th, 2023, 00:15
PC-6 and radios. While I got the Navstax radios installed, there is still a bloody GPS unit on the right side of instrument panel. Is this integral part of the model and thus unremovable?
PC-6, PA-30 and DHC-3T with Navstax radios cannot be made independent, Navstax control panel does not save the effort to make them COM1/NAV1 and NAV1/COM2 so they remain coupled.

William Njurmi
March 19th, 2023, 04:02
Noticed now that gravel kit does not disappear by setting false in aircraft.cfg...
Maybe someone could upload a configuration.ini file with no wx, no gravel kit and c & d? For those who has faulty MVAMS....

gaab
March 24th, 2023, 15:32
Hi All,

The Milviz KA350i forum mentions the zip file of this tutorial - infortunately it is no more available there.

Does somebody who still have that file would share it with me.

Thanks in advance

Gérard

Snurdley
March 26th, 2023, 11:37
Edit: Nevermind, just saw the other post about false positives.

I'm getting a virus alert from MS Defender on the MV Beaver installer: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml

Anyone else?

Manschy
May 23rd, 2023, 11:35
Hi,

today I did another try to download the Milviz Beaver, but each trial fails, no matter, if I disable my Windows defender or not.
Is there anybody who maybe can share his working Beaver with me? Would much appreciate this :wavey:....

EDIT: I have to add that downloading the Expansion Pack works fine...

Manschy
May 24th, 2023, 06:26
Got help from Jeansy, now I am happy :applause:

Thanks again at this place.

William Njurmi
May 28th, 2023, 06:10
Anybody tried these with the new 5.4? We know that Milviz updates are not coming...

blaunarwal
June 1st, 2023, 04:25
Anybody tried these with the new 5.4? We know that Milviz updates are not coming...

So far, I didn't try 5.4 but I expect it to work fine. This because I also have Milviz planes running in 5.3, only specified for P3D4. I installed them in v4.5 and mirror the planes directory into v5.3 simobject\airplanes and it works. So it's more a matter of installing these planes. Of course it is possible to redirect the install path to v5 but the configuration software MVAMS does not alter planes for v4 sitting in v5.

I still wait to install 5.4 because of Chaseplane and Envtex and Envshade from TOGA. But I don't expect my already installed planes to refuse functioning in 5.4. If so, you can still uninstall 5.4 and install 5.3 again.

Regards

Dan

keithb77
June 26th, 2023, 08:00
I was asked by PM where to download these from...but the requestor has a full mailbox so I can't reply to them...so just for general info

https://blackbirdsims.com/flight/freebies.php

Is the place to go